Not open for further replies.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
A few years ago, I used to see a lot of people with braces, not so much anymore. One of our neighbors had them (she was over 35 at the time). I asked her why she had the braces as I never noticed a need for them previously. She said her dentist told her she needed them to prevent issues with her teeth later??? Now this was/is a so called educated, well to do individual. Saw her a few weeks ago, braces are off, and her teeth look different, like kind of crooked. Teeth do move with age so who knows....
KC. I wasn’t aware of teeth movement as you age. My dentist was honest when I enquired about the new invisible brace. A waste of time and money. He said at my age, the teeth would return to their previous position shortly after the brace was removed.

Regarding fake body parts and cosmetic enhancements, males are just as guilty as females. They frequent salons for the same services, hair plugs, teeth whitening, manicures, pedicures, wax jobs, and on and on. Then there’s the bizarre world of penile enhancement, human fat injection, penile implants, etc. Anything for a buck, legal or illegal, healthy or bad. Catering to male and female vanity has always been big business.

A lot of this vanity driven artificial crap could slow down as artificial intelligence and robotic technology advances. Robotic companionship could be a viable option. No divorce, no alimony payments, no child support payments, no division of assets. No scum sucking lawyer fees. Just select the model you want with the enhancements you desire. Even program them to take care of you as you age. Sweet!

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
They look a bit out of price range for these barrio chicas Cavok mentioned. I'd be interested in a gal that had a pair that could produce the Altoids effect
EHM. Some artificial things can be very pleasurable . I dated a lady years ago who had a complete set of false teeth, top and bottom. Freaked me out at first but she was very talented and completely changed my opinion. We went our separate ways when she told me her boyfriend was getting released from prison. 😂

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I remember when I went down to Bavaro/Punta Cana like 8 years ago. Went to a car wash in Bavaro, actually Fruisa which is a "barrio". Next to the car wash there was a business called Doctor Braces. I went there while waiting bc I thought it was funny. It was 800 pesos, the braces doing absolutely nothing, just glued on the teeth. It is JUST a status symbol here for the girls. "Look at me, I have the money to fix my teeth, I am am classy". To me it is classy with a big K and for me a 100% that I will never be close to a girl like that.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
KC. I wasn’t aware of teeth movement as you age. My dentist was honest when I enquired about the new invisible brace. A waste of time and money. He said at my age, the teeth would return to their previous position shortly after the brace was removed.

Regarding fake body parts and cosmetic enhancements, males are just as guilty as females. They frequent salons for the same services, hair plugs, teeth whitening, manicures, pedicures, wax jobs, and on and on. Then there’s the bizarre world of penile enhancement, human fat injection, penile implants, etc. Anything for a buck, legal or illegal, healthy or bad. Catering to male and female vanity has always been big business.

A lot of this vanity driven artificial crap could slow down as artificial intelligence and robotic technology advances. Robotic companionship could be a viable option. No divorce, no alimony payments, no child support payments, no division of assets. No scum sucking lawyer fees. Just select the model you want with the enhancements you desire. Even program them to take care of you as you age. Sweet!

Penile implants have got to be one of the oddest things I have ever seen.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
Penile implants have got to be one of the oddest things I have ever seen.
That is because you know nothing about them,no offense. Ten weeks ago I had IPP surgery(inflatable penile implant). At 66 yrs old I needed it. $33Kusd,second best decision of my life. These implants are NEVER done for cosmetic or any other reason other than need.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That is because you know nothing about them,no offense. Ten weeks ago I had IPP surgery(inflatable penile implant). At 66 yrs old I needed it. $33Kusd,second best decision of my life. These implants are NEVER done for cosmetic or any other reason other than need.
That's not the type of implants we're talking about, Tom.

I'm talking about men who have odd-shaped things implanted under the skin of their member.

• Wow
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I paid RD$1,200 to get my (surrogate) daughter braces last month. The work was done by a dentist in Moca who was recommend by one of the administrators at her Colegio. She did a good job and the braces were necessary as two of her front teeth were coming in slightly crooked..

As far as why so many people want braces in this country? Knowing how vain this country is, I feel like this is a rhetorical question 😅

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not sure what part of "keep on topic" no one understands...

Status
Not open for further replies.