Why Bars & Restaurants Don't Make Money In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
exactly!!

its funny how people have problems with the brothers when you think about it they're not that different than dominicans. they both have flamboyant styles, talk loud, have african background except one speaks english the other speaks spanish. so you have problems with brothers you shouldnt be in this country. personally the black dudes with the white towels dont give me no issues. most of them are friendly and come out here to have fun. yall should be bitching about the europeans not the brothers. they're not as friendly, they stink (not all of them but you know what i mean) they give you dirty looks when you come to their hang out spots. they're cheap as hell and exploit all them haitians chicks and a gang of them are pedophiles. my politur pal tells me they have way more issues with europeans than they do with the brothers.

LOL ..Accurate profiling MR Westside

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
f**k all you racist white's on this website.
u have all these issues with black americans and dominicans. get the f**k out of the dr and go to a white country and let us be be by our goddamm self. take your racist views back to your countries. that's why i dislike dr1.com too much racist s**t on here

Lighten up Francis. Were not performing brain surgery here.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You are correct. Sosua was much more to everyone's liking when the German and Italian whoremongers ruled the roost. Smely, stinky, drunken slimeballs chasing underage chicas are so much more palatable.

I distinctly recall one lardass German in a tiger-striped Speedo with a wedgy that looked as if it was tucked in with a dust pan walking by PJ's with his chica, who was just as disgusting as he was. I almost barfed.

Funny. You want barf. Wait until you see me walking down Pedro in a jock strap wearing flip-flops protesting the dress code on Pedro C. during the new street closure.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the problem is not the type of clientele: black/white, dominican/foreign, old/young. the problem is there are not enough clients to support the businesses. in london you will see streets lined with restaurants and all of them busy. this is because there are enough customers, it's a huge city.

the problem is not the prices: sosua has plato del dia places, high end restaurants and regular price restaurant and the charges in all of those are similar to those in other cities. the problem is in proper management and marketing. again, in london you will find many places offering specials and attracting customers with good prices. if the meal and service is nice the customer will linger on, order wine or a dessert. and come back again.

lastly, the cost are also a big problem. power is expensive, legal employees are expensive (13th wages, liquidation) and often incompetent, the rent can be really high. this is not an easy business. many come here unprepared and fail miserably. that's all.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
has anybody ever thought that maybe they are not in business to make money but to launder it?

You took the words right out of my mouth.
In my city (Montreal) we have had a goodly amount of organized crime over the years. Everything from Italian Mafia to Hell's Angels/Rock Machine, to your regular all round street gangs.
It was pretty much common knowledge that the restos/bars that never had anybody in them were just fronts for money laundering.
With all the drugs, prostitution, and what not passing through the Northcoast, it may well be that there is a fair amount of scrub, scrub, scrubbing going on.

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
You dont have a clue my gf is black as night and i am as white as your eyes so talk about you know about like blaming others for your failures

Hmmm - my .02

Tourism has been down due to World Economy. Everything is cyclical. Sousa had its boon times & may have it again, but it seems no time soon. Its too expensive for the Euro mongers to fly into POP & the Norte Americans too. Its cheaper to fly into AZS & SDQ.

I was last in Sousa in 2012. And noticed a different clientele > didn't bother me. But due to lack of tourism, most businesses were not doing the up keep on their places, so it seemed a bit dirtier to me.

For me & my crew, we've been to Sousa enough and are now traveling to different locations in DR.

All the best to the business owners there.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
hahahahahahaha

Now imagine someone hitting one of those whores when they have already been sampled by hundreds of these so-called "undesirables". yuck yuck yuck

[video=youtube;4eYSpIz2Fj]x[/video]

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Hmmm - my .02

Tourism has been down due to World Economy. Everything is cyclical. Sousa had its boon times & may have it again, but it seems no time soon. Its too expensive for the Euro mongers to fly into POP & the Norte Americans too. Its cheaper to fly into AZS & SDQ.

I was last in Sousa in 2012. And noticed a different clientele > didn't bother me. But due to lack of tourism, most businesses were not doing the up keep on their places, so it seemed a bit dirtier to me.

For me & my crew, we've been to Sousa enough and are now traveling to different locations in DR.

All the best to the business owners there.

Maybe you've been going to the wrong place. The place we're talking about here is called SOSUA! ;)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I used to like to stay at the "Europa" hotel in Sosua, UNTIL, about 10 years ago the "Blacks" arrived!!!!!
They made staying there unbearable!
Noisy, Drunk, I left!!!!!!
I go to "Black Beard's" in Costambar.
I love it there now!
About 6 years ago the "Blacks" arrived there TOO!!!!!!!!!
Guess what, it ain't their "Color" that makes the difference, it's the way they behave!
The guys in Sosua are a "pain-in-the-a$$", not because they are BLACK, but because they are A$$HOLES!
The guys at Black Beards are not nice guys BECAUSE they are BLACK, they are nice guys because they are "NICE GUYS"!
Stop trying to make it "Racial"!
It's about "Behavior", not about "Skin Tone"!
When you try to label anyone who criticizes some other group because of their actions "Racial", YOU better take a look inside yourself first!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
But there are hundreds of thousands of Dominicans males in Washington Heights. Most frequent their friends barbershops and so they're able to maintain a row of personal clients.

Guys go into those places mainly to hang out, talk, drink beer, and sniff coke.

I've heard stories of clients waiting up to 8 hours for a haircut from the one guy everybody goes to see in a particular place.

What I don't understand is, why all that when they all get the same Caesar haircut, something you can do yourself at home with the right clippers?

Why would anyone pay $15-25 dollars for a "coco pelao"?

Apr 13, 2011
hahahahahahaha

Now imagine someone hitting one of those whores when they have already been sampled by hundreds of these so-called "undesirables". yuck yuck yuck

[video=youtube;4eYSpIz2Fj]x[/video]

Is the video deliberately blank??? I guess I am missing out on the joke :-(

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Guys go into those places mainly to hang out, talk, drink beer, and sniff coke.

I've heard stories of clients waiting up to 8 hours for a haircut from the one guy everybody goes to see in a particular place.

What I don't understand is, why all that when they all get the same Caesar haircut, something you can do yourself at home with the right clippers?

Why would anyone pay $15-25 dollars for a "coco pelao"?

Who spends 4 hour at a car wash and comes home a little loopy with a clean car, clean pipes and cue resin on his hands?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Who spends 4 hour at a car wash and comes home a little loopy with a clean car, clean pipes and cue resin on his hands?

hahahahahahaha

In the DR, "Honey I am going to wash the car. Be back in a few".

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

That's in the DR. At theses barbershops there is no female action whatsoever. I would say 80-90% of these cats NEVER get any action. Only the ones with money. Young, pretty, Dominican females in NYC aren't like they are on the island, much to a lot of cats' collective chagrin.

So imagine a car wash without the pipe cleaning services. Ay, Dios Mio. It is a Dominican Hell, I tell ya.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
we have all seen this before. all the fretting about Sosua going to hell in a handbasket has come about because the brothers have discovered it. the same thing happened 10 years ago when brothers discovered Blackbeard's. that was going to be the end of Costambar. all these dark skinned guys walking untethered through the neighborhood. lawdy, lawdy. the brothers got wind of Sosua, and took the show there. now the salad days of Sosua are over. the Northerners and Euros can no longer enjoy peaceful mongering without looking up and seeing these pimp daddies in the 200 dollar Nikes, ruining the ambience with their "swagger". what's a guy to do? Thailand is so far away.

Being popular with the chicas in Sosua and to have more swag is like sitting at
the cool table in the cafeteria at a mental hospital...

Status
Not open for further replies.