Why Bars & Restaurants Don't Make Money In Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
That's in the DR. At theses barbershops there is no female action whatsoever. I would say 80-90% of these cats NEVER get any action.

Berzin, you be surprised how many "casa de cita" are in The Heights!!!!!!

They may not get the "real" player's action but they pay for it.

Hey, it is like being in their natural habitat!!!! yuck!!!!!!

Also, can you say "Craig's List?" hahahahahahah

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Hey, it is like being in their natural habitat!!!! yuck!!!!!!

Also, can you say "Craig's List?" hahahahahahah

only a foolhardy man goes to those places. they get jacked real often. who you gonna call?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
only a foolhardy man goes to those places. they get jacked real often. who you gonna call?

Those places are also all over Roosevelt Avenue in Queens with the dudes carrying advertisements in plain site. I am talking about big banners. What I don't get is they do this in plain sight. Cops will be able to see. :(

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Yeah, I know about these places. Lots of drunken, coked-up losers, police raids, and robberies. Not my scene at all.

But the guys I'm talking about don't go to these places, either. They barely have enough money for beer and blunts.

Roosevelt Avenue is even worse. The chicas in the one club I went to years ago had that hardcore look on their faces like piranhas, and the patrons (mostly Colombians) were not the type of dudes you want to know.

At least in the DR you can get away from all the tigueraje and be in a more relaxing atmosphere.

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And the music in those clubs on Roosevelt Avenue...man oh man.

The accordion...I believe countries like Mexico and Colombia have been held back in terms of political, social, and economic progress due to the influence of that damn instrument.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Interesting semi-threadjack.

It's enlightening to know the "decline" of Sosua is directly attributable to black dudes. Actually, "decline" is synonymous with "black dudes," at least in this thread.

My first trip to the NC was in 2002. I was astonished with how many older Germans and Italians were manhandling women that could easily have been their daughters or granddaughters. One thing I didn't recall from those sleazy dudes was any conversation about a "decline."

Fast forward to 2014. By any reasonable measure, Sosua is a better destination than a dozen years ago. The accommodations are far improved, roads are safer, and there's a variety of genuinely-good restaurants. For those who are interested, there's no shortage of reasonably attractive Dominicans available to be your newest and bestest friend (at least for as long as your pesos last).

My point is that there were cool and totally obnoxious people running around in 2004, and much the same in 2014. There's a lot more black men out there than before, and they seem to spend a lot more money than the previous groups of people who were generally viewed as overly cheap.

In addition, the Dominicans and Haitians in town ARE black people. That's how they would be viewed if they stood anywhere in NA. It would stand to reason many of them like to hang around other black folks, especially those who are closer to their own ages and interests, and who have no problems spending far more money than the average cheapskate hard-core monger.

Which is the real issue some of these guys have. It's harder for some monger to persuade some girl to go with him for 1000 pesos when her other option(s) include guys who:

1) she likes better anyway;
2) actually like women;
3) doesn't view his trip as a "hobby"; and
4) happily offers two or three times as much.

That, above everything else, is why mongers think there's some sort of "darkie decline" underway. Clearly, by the increasing numbers of visitors, more "normal" guys think the place is just fine for what it is.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And the music in those clubs on Roosevelt Avenue...man oh man.

The accordion...I believe countries like Mexico and Colombia have been held back in terms of political, social, and economic progress due to the influence of that damn instrument.

Accordion is second only to the banjo in that regard. I once went to an El Prodigio concert in Gaspar Hernandez. Paid for a table etc.. I had to leave before he started his second song.

What do you call 100 banjos at the bottom of the ocean?
A good start.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Bronxboy-I've met some stunners in Sosua. Let me change your mind about the place. That would be one trip report that will never see the light of day.

I think what soured you about Sosua is maybe you were hanging out with the wrong people.

Imagine being a frequent traveler or an expat and you have no idea how to hook up with nice-looking Dominicanas, or worse you can't point anyone in the right direction. That is sad. Is that what happened to you in Sosua? If not, it doesn't matter.

Remember, Christopher Columbus had to make more than one trip to Santo Domingo before he "conquisto".

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bronxboy-I've met some stunners in Sosua. Let me change your mind about the place. That would be one trip report that will never see the light of day.

I think what soured you about Sosua is maybe you were hanging out with the wrong people.

Imagine being a frequent traveler or an expat and you have no idea how to hook up with nice-looking Dominicanas, or worse you can't point anyone in the right direction. That is sad. Is that what happened to you in Sosua? If not, it doesn't matter.

Remember, Christopher Columbus had to make more than one trip to Santo Domingo before he "conquisto".

I have only been there twice. I usually frequented Santiago or SD.

Santiago is my choice. Many light skin Dominicans there.

I usually try to befriend the locals and not in any brothel or outdoor brothel such as Sosua. I do the NY way and go to the trendy clubs and try to use my charm to score. Of course it is nice to know that, if needed, a place is close by to have an encounter BUT Sosua was not my cup of tea.

May 29, 2006
My first trip to the NC was in 2002. I was astonished with how many older Germans and Italians were manhandling women that could easily have been their daughters or granddaughters. One thing I didn't recall from those sleazy dudes was any conversation about a "decline."

60 year old guys in banana hammock swim suits, chalk white legs and sandals with socks hitting on girls young enough to be their grand daughters and Haitian trannies... Sosua had class back in the day.

Last edited:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Drob,
Picking up your point Post #71 this thread and from the Post 75 in this thread http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/143008-pedro-clisante-closing-6pm-8.html

The post by Seamonky intrigued the Team that Britannia had had its best season ever and we dug a bit further into the numbers from Banco Central. The clients of Britannia are basically North American - Canadian and USA - and thats what they cater for! If you look at the SEASON - October 1 to March 30th then the numbers are only down 1% for that group but Canadians are down 6.2% and USA up 2.4 % approx. So Britannia have chosen the right niche in the market !
Drob - more people from USA are comming to the North Coast but what ethnic group they are cannot be obtained from the figures.
La Playa 9Issue 122 14th May 2014 - LA PLAYA magazin, Dominican Dominicana, Dominikanisch, news, infos, nachrichten, pics, videos, music, english edition has some interesting statistics but it is unclear if they apply to the North Coast

Wont bore you with the actual numbers used to get the percentages above but we have them if anyone is interested.

Olly and the Team

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I usually try to befriend the locals and not in any brothel or outdoor brothel such as Sosua. I do the NY way and go to the trendy clubs and try to use my charm to score. Of course it is nice to know that, if needed, a place is close by to have an encounter BUT Sosua was not my cup of tea.

I like the beach and just walking around at a very slow pace.

Nice place if you just want to chill.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Drob,
Picking up your point Post #71 this thread and from the Post 75 in this thread http://dr1.com/forums/north-coast/143008-pedro-clisante-closing-6pm-8.html

The post by Seamonky intrigued the Team that Britannia had had its best season ever and we dug a bit further into the numbers from Banco Central. The clients of Britannia are basically North American - Canadian and USA - and thats what they cater for! If you look at the SEASON - October 1 to March 30th then the numbers are only down 1% for that group but Canadians are down 6.2% and USA up 2.4 % approx. So Britannia have chosen the right niche in the market !
Drob - more people from USA are comming to the North Coast but what ethnic group they are cannot be obtained from the figures.
La Playa 9Issue 122 14th May 2014 - LA PLAYA magazin, Dominican Dominicana, Dominikanisch, news, infos, nachrichten, pics, videos, music, english edition has some interesting statistics but it is unclear if they apply to the North Coast

Wont bore you with the actual numbers used to get the percentages above but we have them if anyone is interested.

Olly and the Team...

Hey Olly,

Just curious,

Is the team in the room observing, and taking notes, when you're bangin some Chica?

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Beans and rice - you never would know - but really we are only about the numbers!

Just Olly

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i liked this thread a lot more when it was about eateries and not popola eaters.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Those places are also all over Roosevelt Avenue in Queens with the dudes carrying advertisements in plain site. I am talking about big banners. What I don't get is they do this in plain sight. Cops will be able to see. :(

they have been there since the 80s. know the one on Antin Place, just off WPRoad? don't say you don't. i saw you there a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.