Why Can't the Dominican Republic be the Solution to the Crisis in Haiti?

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
lol, my women of every color love me. Bet you cant say the same. Puppet.
Bob you old dog. You been hanging with the sock puppets and didn't share your adventures.
Guess the fantasy only lives it its strange little mind.
I would ad all sorts of emojies but I can't access them on my tablet

rover

Aug 19, 2007
The D.R. is a struggling middle of the road third world country and if it assimilated Haiti with open borders it too would decline from a third world country into a defunct state.

A country must have a minimum average IQ of 90 to run a technological civilization. The D.R. a third world country clocks in at an average IQ of 82 while Haiti clocks in at 67. Any increases of Haitian assimilation will only narrow the gap between the two and cause the D.R. to spiral downward.

Any assistance to Haiti from the D.R. for the sake of its own stability should be done at arms distance or the result will end in two defunct states.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The D.R. is a struggling middle of the road third world country and if it assimilated Haiti with open borders it too would decline from a third world country into a defunct state.

A country must have a minimum average IQ of 90 to run a technological civilization. The D.R. a third world country clocks in at an average IQ of 82 while Haiti clocks in at 67. Any increases of Haitian assimilation will only narrow the gap between the two and cause the D.R. to spiral downward.

Any assistance to Haiti from the D.R. for the sake of its own stability should be done at arms distance or the result will end in two defunct states.
OK I agree the DR being middle of the road 3rd world.
But the IQs you mention are insulting.
67 ? That's considered cognitively impaired.
I don't know where you sourced those figures - but IQ and education are not on a one to one ratio.
I find many Haitians and Dominicans are bright and certainly can learn tasks quickly making them unimpaired on the IQ scale.

IQ is not Haiti's problem. Lack of education, crime and corruption surely are. And even some of the brightest in the world are corrupt and criminals, and also some of the brightest also get duped ( the recent crypto FXT debacle as example)

Reactions: bob saunders

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
I don't know where you sourced those figures - but IQ and education are not on a one to one ratio.
I find many Haitians and Dominicans are bright and certainly can learn tasks quickly making them unimpaired on the IQ scale.

IQ is not Haiti's problem. Lack of education, crime and corruption surely are. And even some of the brightest in the world are corrupt and criminals, and also some of the brightest also get duped ( the recent crypto FXT debacle as example)
The Bell Curve by Charles Murray and Richard Herrnstein is the usual source for those IQ scores.

Reactions: rover

Dorit

Sep 20, 2022
Perth Amboy, NJ
Was that over breakfast, lunch or dinner? I noticed you’re both using same ISP.
As one of the few posters here who was actually born in the DR, I actually care about the country, and its culturally wonderful neighbour, Haiti. I care that Haitians will die at sea because the DR won't open its doors. It welcomed the German Jews, I'd hoped this thread would be kinder and more compassionate. Are you male or female, AE? Because every time a woman voices a strong opinion here, the old white guys pile on her. Seriously, you don't have to worry about my posts or sharing my computer with another Dominican friend. Once is enough. Guess the DR attracts the MAGA crowd. White male privilege. Men who are afraid of women and of being outnumbered by another, very dark race.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
As one of the few posters here who was actually born in the DR, I actually care about the country, and its culturally wonderful neighbour, Haiti. I care that Haitians will die at sea because the DR won't open its doors. It welcomed the German Jews, I'd hoped this thread would be kinder and more compassionate. Are you male or female, AE? Because every time a woman voices a strong opinion here, the old white guys pile on her. Seriously, you don't have to worry about my posts or sharing my computer with another Dominican friend. Once is enough. Guess the DR attracts the MAGA crowd. White male privilege. Men who are afraid of women and of being outnumbered by another, very dark race.
Why don't you stop yapping and respond to Alter Ego's post: https://dr1.com/forums/threads/why-...e-crisis-in-haiti.394845/page-19#post-5669912

In case you (both of your accounts) don't know, she is an administrator and can ban both of your accounts. Pushing around the bushes doesn't cut it.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

The DR cannot absorb millions of Haitians, as much as we feel bad for them.

I am a woman, sorry if that disappoints you.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Thank you for a respectful answer to my post. I never suggested that millions of Haitians be admitted. Thousands would be enough.
And still no answer.

What are you afraid of?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Thank you for a respectful answer to my post. I never suggested that millions of Haitians be admitted. Thousands would be enough.
You should try being respectful with your answers as well.

It’s intellectually lazy to cry racism or sexism when losing an argument or discussion.

There are millions of Haitians in the DR already. Taking in more is unrealistic.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The DR cannot absorb millions of Haitians, as much as we feel bad for them.

I am a woman, sorry if that disappoints you.
She doesn't care that the DR already has most workers in agriculture, construction, and increasing in other sectors are Haitians. She only cares that if Haiti can't develop its tourist industry, neither will the DR; if Haiti can't develop its manufacturing industry, neither will the DR; if Haiti can't become a country that is normal even by developing countries standards, neither will the DR. Everybody knows Dominicans are responsible for all failures in Haiti and Dominicans must pay for their evilness towards Haitians.

Nevermind the DR is the country with the most Haitians relative to its size in the world other than Haiti itself. The DR needs to do more for itself to become Haiti and if the real Haiti will not be able to cut it, neither can the DR.

Last edited:

rover

Aug 19, 2007

IQ and education are not on a one to one ratio we agree on that it is why there is a curve of those that are in the top rung of the class and those that are in the bottom same school. same, classes same teachers it is not environment.

We agree again there are many bright Dominicans' and Haitians' agreed but the key word is average and therein determines a society's wealth, education system, crime, social sytems, scientific advancement etc. You can put all the infastructures of police, hospital, education, etc in place in Haiti and it will continue to fail the world allready pumped billions into Haiti and the result was it only short term stabilized it.

Sources of average IQ scores per country are from the United Nations.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Sounds toxic.
I have a safe space available.
PM me if you're interested.

Reactions: rover