why do people want to believe crime is on the increase

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if you se it year around, the lower summer times and the "thieves peak seasons" christmas/easter week don't count, because by those times there's always a increase, going down always afterwards.
in the PC area series of burglery i.e. last often some weeks, some times a couple of months til they got caught, and it's going back to quiet again. of course during those weeks you would statistically see a big increase, when the guys got caught you would see a big degrease, see it over the whole year it is on the same level than it's been since a long time.
of course it effect specific areas, like some residences close to each other, because in case of burglary they are groups and they work specific areas, mostly they live for that time period nearby. so at that moment for the residents in that area a very big increase of crime is present. 2 years ago we had in the area of our barrio many houses robbed, when they got caught it came out they lived 100 yards from my house, 5 guys in a small 2 room appartment, doing painting jobs in the area where they broke in the houses. one group, that doesn't mean a increase of crime for me, after they got caught it went wuiet since then.
Mike

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
Well you know what somtimes people want things and are not willing to pay the price. Many years ago things were diffrent, DR did not have anything anyone would want and now in my opinion sometimes i see things here that i dont even see when i travel to the states. Everyone wants what they see some can get it, some cant so some steal, and why do they steal cuz they dont want to work they think that the people who can afford things sit on ther but all day. So things happen in DR cuz the more they grow the more people find themselves in need so they steal and kill for what they want, nothing in any way diffrent than in the US.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You Must Be Talking About "Dominicans" In The US!!!!

Because your ideas(You MUST Be a Dominican) are 100% Dominican! You know,if you want it,don't work for it,steal it!
That is why the DR,and Dominicans living elsewhere in the World,will continue to fail as a Country, AND People!

Thank Spain for THAT gift!!

CRIS COLON CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Living in the DR and teaching my kids a "Work Ethic",Honesty,respect for others,aaaand THEMSELVES! Hope that doesn't put them at TOO BIG a disadvantage when dealing with the eight and a half million other dOMINICANS WHO LIVE BY "oTHER" RULES!

PS, Your "Just Like In The US" comment speakes volumes about the "mindset" of the Dominican People! You know: "Everybody else does it,so I can TOO!
cRIS cOLON

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Well you know what somtimes people want things and are not willing to pay the price. Many years ago things were diffrent, DR did not have anything anyone would want and now in my opinion sometimes i see things here that i dont even see when i travel to the states. Everyone wants what they see some can get it, some cant so some steal, and why do they steal cuz they dont want to work they think that the people who can afford things sit on ther but all day. So things happen in DR cuz the more they grow the more people find themselves in need so they steal and kill for what they want, nothing in any way diffrent than in the US.

This is a classic... I agree with cc 100 % and might add that the last sentence defines the Dominican version of the American dream... As always there are exceptions, including some talented baseball players...

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
Well CRISS COLON! I was raised and born in the US and i use to vistit the Dom Rep when i was small i did not like to do it so much because the Dominican Rep did not have anything i use to get bored, but of course as a little girl i went were i was taken.

I have seen the DR grow, but what i said was that crimes are high do to the change the country has had so do not expect a (girl to have a boyfriend and not kiss or a guy to have a car and not drive) I understand what you are teaching your kids and thats great but remember what you have that gives you the ability to teach your kids is not what others have which is exactly my point! I got married to a dominican and at the moment i am in the states but i live in the Dom Rep, and i wont come back to the states to raise my daughter unless its necesary.

Dominicans are not the only ones who do bad stuff. In the States there are serial killers, drug gangs, child molesters, and other kinds of crazy demented people which are not dominicans.

Its not ok for them to do it just cuz other people do, but what can you expect like i said before.

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
I know I?ve lost it

when I start agreeing with Criss Colon.

When I say ?lost it? I am referring to two (2) simple, easy to learn principles. Respect and Trust.

It is not even whether crime is up or down, it is the reality that Dominicans do nothing about it. And I am referring to the Dominicans who actually can change this; they were never exposed to any morale fiber.

Corruption, deception and blatant shameless lying are a way of life. It is those negative matrixes that represent success to them. The concept eludes me.

??.if you want it, don?t work for it, steal it!? obviously that refers to ?stealing? someone else?s life.

Gossette Ortiz

Oct 17, 2007
You know i am going to simplyfy this cuz you guys obiously dont understand! The question is do you think crime is on an increase in DR and my answer was yes and i stated why i thought it was up! I feel like Hello! The fact that i compare DR with the US is because people are always saying how dr is not good and that they want to go to the states my comparison is so that you realize that no matter where you are crime goes on. Its up in DR cuz of what i stated!