With a quick hello..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not at all....The standard of Living in the "caribbeans(sic)" is pretty nice. If you go over to the "Sticky"post inthe LIVING Section you will see Tim's post about setting up house here. Of course he set it up to nearly an American standard, so it cost a lot of money.

There is no need for heat, except inthe Constanza Valley above 1000m. Lots of people-at least those that can read these posts-have air conditioning. And just recently they began to use eating utensils, you know, knives and forks...

What can we do for you in a serious question?

HB

Last edited:

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
WELL, I JUST ASKED A QUESTION AND MY POST WAS DELETED, how come???????

the question is : why is there the word "bronze" under my name?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
First, Welcome to OwnRules. I like your Style.
Second, Ruth: You have bronze under your naem as a way of saying you are a new poster... I think that there is a way that you can change that, like jazzcom's or Crisscolon's ....Maybe you can put Rutheta, or Bomb Carrying Ruth or something equally silly...
FYI, (Edited) Oh yes, Welcome to these boards. I cannot imagine a Basque that can write like that!. Just goes to show... Oh yes, we speak our island version of Spanish, and Haitian Creole and lots of English, some Italian, French, German is spoken. There are Chinese barrios, a few Japanese. but mostly Spanish with a special accent....

HB

I don't thik it was deleted..check it out..

Last edited:

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
bronze is for people who have less than 100 ? posts.. There is also silver and gold and special cases as the web master sees fit.

The language is spanish but would be somewhat different from Spanish from spain.

While heated houses may exist somewhere in the DR I have never seen one. Most of the country doesnt get cold enough except high in the mountains.

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
Hillbilly, it was a serious question as I never visited your country.

I was just wondering about the carribeans because someone is from there on a forum of worldcrossing and I wanted to make sure you don't need heating your houses

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was making fun of your use of the word "caribbeans(sic)" It should be Caribbean. Darling we are at 19 degrees North Latitude! We are Hot!

HB

Last edited:

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
i'm sorry, the someone is online now and she tells me that trinidad is not part of the carribeans

thank you anyway

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Trinidad and Tobago are most certainly part of the Caribbean Region. They like to think that they are in South America, but their language-in the street- is considered by linguists to be Standard West Indian....

HB

I might be mistaken here, but I think that Trinidad is the largest of the Windward Islands.

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Ruth

The DR is an island discovered by Cristobal Colon many moons ago.
It was ruled by Spain for many years and its inhabitants speak spanish.

Lately more and more spaniards are coming down to claim what was once theirs. So don't be afraid, come on down and claim what's yours.

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
thank you darling. I just IMed your answer to the someone who is online and who desesperately tries to make my education

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
ANSWER OF MY FRIEND:

I did not know we like to think of ourselves as south american. That poster is confusing us with Guyana which is located in south america but is officially part of thee caribbean

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
Petaka, I'm not SPANISH

I am from PAYS BASQUE which has nothing to do with spain :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Yes Ruth,come on down!

Maybe you could go to school while you are here.Sorry to see that there are no schools where you live.As bad as the achools here are,I bet that most students know where Spain is located,and maybe even that they speak "SPANISH" there!!!!!!!!!!

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
My most sencere apologies

No problemo!
Come on down and claim something for the Basque anyway. Hurry up, we are losing the north side to the Brits but there's still some room for Euskara.

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
because before living in bilbao, i ignored the word euskadi and of course, I thought you wouldn't know it

I've bee living there for only 3 months, before I was i NJ

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
Petaka, the only thing i claim is JERUSALEM to be the eternal capital of Israel :)

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Disclosure:

Ruth is a LONG TIME poster in my forums at World Crossing with a history of unpredictable behavior. She's originally from Israel, resides in New Jersey, is marrried to an American sports journalist currently on assigment in Bilbao, and is about as Basque as Menahen Golan. A rabid anti-Palestinian to the point of xenophia/racism, I've had to ban her from our politics forums.

I have an inkling as to why and how she found this particular site and it smells mightily of cyber-stalking. She has a bit of a bizarre obssesion with me -- and not all positive either. But really, I couldn't care less. I very much doubt she'll be sending the Mossad after me any time soon and I've long ago learned to ignore the frequent e-mails she sends my way.

As for her "good points" well, there's is the fact that she is eternally clueless when it comes to geography (amply demostrated here already ;)) and can actually make you laugh out loud with her numerous outrageous statements about..well, anything. She's not exactly a troll as she does contribute on a very regular basis, although, in all honesty, we could do without most of her "contributions"

Mostly, we have kept her around in our World Football Forum for entertainment -- guys get a kick out of bantering with her. Flirting counts amongst her favorite hobbies, probably only second to her endless need for attention.

Anyhow, I thought I'd make it very clear that I am in no way shape or form affilated with this person other than in the ways I have just described.

Robert, please keep a close eye on this one!

edited to correct formatting

Last edited: