Wow! Effects of the Hard Rains in Santo Domingo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Just so you know,, EDENorte does not have a copyright on exploding transformers. Here at 90V Boca Chica, it's happens 2 or 3 times a year that we can hear.
I'm sure the only reason Edenorte is mentioned so much is that there are far more posters here that are on Edenorte than any of the other "Edes".

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Sad.
The amount of corruption, greed, stupidity, negligence, refusal to take responsibility for one's actions,
lack of respect for the fellow man along with the inability to plan or think past tomorrow is quite impressive.... i must say.
You describe it so eloquent and to the point that I copy-pasted it and try to learn it by heart.....(y):cool:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You describe it so eloquent and to the point that I copy-pasted it and try to learn it by heart.....(y):cool:
I'd love nothing more than to see things improve but that would require abolishing much of the modern day Dominican culture which we all know is impossible so I expect to see many more people suffer as a result..

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
The photos and videos are not the best quality, but I am having a hard time seeing what held those vertical walls to the compacted soil behind them and the street above. Shouldn't there be some rebar tying it into the concrete street above, or some "dead men" rebar columns into the compacted soil?

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Sad.
The amount of corruption, greed, stupidity, negligence, refusal to take responsibility for one's actions,
lack of respect for the fellow man along with the inability to plan or think past tomorrow is quite impressive.... i must say.
Very well said .. if I was post what you just typed the haters in here would plead with me to stop being so negative or why do you live here if you hate it so much;; just saying;)

Reactions: Peterj and colmcb

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The Zona Colonial came off reasonably unscathed. Built long ago when they built things properly.
Most of Santo Domingo was not affected by floods. That's why most Capitaleños knew about the flooding after seeing it in the news/radio or hearsay, not that they saw it first.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just so you know,, EDENorte does not have a copyright on exploding transformers. Here at 90V Boca Chica, it's happens 2 or 3 times a year that we can hear.
Some people have pointed out that the other parts of the DR have perfect electricity.

I do know better.

But it does seem that of the few posters left on DR1 , most are on the north coast and have to suffer with Edenorte.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It made USA news, I didn’t see it but a few of my relatives called me because they saw it and wanted to be sure our family and our home were okay

Reactions: JD Jones

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Very well said .. if I was post what you just typed the haters in here would plead with me to stop being so negative or why do you live here if you hate it so much;; just saying;)
I love living here but I'm also the type of person who believes in tough love...
which some might argue this country is in desperate need of.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
OK, so how is the house? Is anyone checking on it, especially inside to see that there were no leaks?
One of the brothers will go check, but we’re up the hill from the beach so all the water runs down there. One of them was actually on the way there during the storm, but he thankfully turned back to Santo Domingo when he approached Haina. Mr AE did talk to a friend there, who said it wasn’t awful on our road.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Rio El Conde (new)
You know, that's an area with quite a drop in elevation from 27 Feb all the way down to the Malecon, which is why it looked like a raging river. I'd
bet that was one of the areas where the water runoff happened fairly quickly.