Domestic Abuse by Dominican Men this year

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Both Dominican and Afghan women are raised in societies where the prevailing religious climate paints them as lesser beings.

I see what you mean in reference to afghan women,but Dominican women? Would you care to elaborate?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Both Dominican and Afghan women are raised in societies where the prevailing religious climate paints them as lesser beings.

The Dominican republic is not religious, they like to think they are, but it is just talk, really, religion is the basis for very little in DR.

Dec 26, 2011
The Dominican republic is not religious, they like to think they are, but it is just talk, really, religion is the basis for very little in DR.

Religious imagery and language pervade nearly every aspect of Dominican life. Look around, listen to the idiomatic expressions. Is it a hypocritical piety, useless for making people feel responsible to themselves and others for their actions? Of course it is. Do what you want. All is forgiven.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
With respect, the role that religion plays(or its silence) in Dominican society has a great deal to do with the way the men and women interact with one another.

True but not for this discussion.

This thread is about Domestic Abuse by Dominican Men this year. ;)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"Femicide, tragedy and national emergency"

This thread is about Domestic Abuse by Dominican Men this year. ;)

"Santo Domingo.- Hundreds of people gathered in front of Congress Wednesday to support a "Day of Mourning" for the nearly 100 women murdered by their partners or ex partners thus far this year, an activity convened by more than 60 organizations."

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...icket-Congress-in-mourning-for-murdered-women
Peri?dico 7 D?as - Feminicidios, una drama que no cesa en la Rep?blica Dominicana

donP

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
in actual fact less than 1% of violent deaths in the DR are deaths of women ,,they lead a charmed existance

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
100 women murdered by their partners or ex partners thus far this year...

100 hundred women murdered in a population of ....9 million people - is a national emergency ?????

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Is there a slight contradiction here or am I missing the sarcasm?

I didn't sleep well after watching bboys videos.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
i was down on the park by the sea by the Malecon where the folks from Villa Mella and the like can now access the sea via the subway

and let me say the unspeakable

i have NEVER seen such a group of unfit mothers in my life

one little boy was just grabbed and whopped and publically embarrassed for not coming right on time

so

i think this all starts with the hand that rocks the cradle

sorry to say it, sistahs!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
i know a woman... educated, decent, good family from the campo. had two kids unmarried... and ok. it is ok to do that. But what I find odd and different is that the son pays for the rent of the house.. now, ok, lots of folks chip in... but she does not work anywhere near her capacity... says she has to be at home with the girl, the son goes to school, has a job at a bank, and pays the 3000 pesos rent on the house.

i do not recall ever running across any sort of arrangement like that before... perhaps it is normal in Latin cultures?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Life Plan

i know a woman... educated, decent, good family from the campo. had two kids unmarried... and ok. it is ok to do that. But what I find odd and different is that the son pays for the rent of the house.. now, ok, lots of folks chip in... but she does not work anywhere near her capacity... says she has to be at home with the girl, the son goes to school, has a job at a bank, and pays the 3000 pesos rent on the house.

i do not recall ever running across any sort of arrangement like that before... perhaps it is normal in Latin cultures?

Not only in Latin cultures children are expected to support the parent(s) in their older ages, sort of a solution for the missing social security schemes.
So, in your cited case the woman's life plan somehow worked for her, didn't it?

donP