Dominicanos en Los Angeles?

rhm0724

Jun 17, 2007
Hey my fellow dominicans!

What's up? I'm a fellow dominican and moved from NYC to L.A. about 4 months ago with my girlfriend, who is also dominican. We really like it here, however, we do miss our fam and our people from back home. Well just wanted to say hi and let you know that there are more of us migrating to the beautiful west coast even if we don't have our peeps here. Hit me back when you can.

Regards,
Ramon
rhm0724@hotmail.com

isz

Jan 27, 2005
So The Dominicans Are In La?!!!

Hello(or should i say QUE LO QUE) every one!

I am looking for the dominican community in los angeles
i been here for about five years and i met a few, hope to meet more.
here's my email

Israelferrer794@msn.com

regards,

Israel

Ginger Meggs

Mar 22, 2004
Hay Dominicanos en San Jose, CA?
Aparte de mi claro esta. Tengo 3 anos por estos rumbos y no he conocido otro Dominicano/a?

Are there any Dominicans in San Jose, CA or anywhere else in the Bay Area?
I've been in the area for 3 years and haven't met any other Dominicans.

Alofoque

Aug 21, 2007
Just moved out to LA from NYC about 2 months ago and not a trace of anything dominican. Que VAINA!:ermm:

rojitas

Aug 23, 2007
somebody told us there's a dominican club near san diego.. samy club or something like that, any information will be greatly aprreciated..

Gracias y palante

there's carribe and miami that i know about. carribe on sat nights is really good and there's a lot of dominicans that go. the music is really good but the place is small

mimi329

Aug 30, 2007
Hair Stylists Needed Immediately

Hello,

I'm opening a salon in the los angeles area and seeking about 3-4 dominican hair stylists. This will be a great opportunity to work in a nice, friendly environment where you'll be appreciated and have to ability to grow.

Assistance with school/licensure/relocation is also a possibility. Serious inquiries only.

Please email me at mimi329@aol.com if you are interested.

Thank you,
Lauretta

Sylviabona

Sep 2, 2007
Dominicana

I am Dominican. Been here for about 2 years. Met only 1 Dominican so far. Hit me back and lets start rounding up some more.

Just moved out to LA from NYC about 2 months ago and not a trace of anything dominican. Que VAINA!:ermm:

rh514

Sep 22, 2007
South Bay

Moved to Lomita in the south bay from NYC a few months ago. I was wondering if there are any places Dominicans frequent? I miss hearing the way we speak Spanish.

dymmach

Feb 9, 2007
Finally found some..........

The college ( USC ) has a small collection of dominican women. They don't

speak spanish as a native Dominican would, sounds more mexican. And a few

have never been to the country, but it was still so cool to meet them.

Its funny, they were asking me about the Island and culture WOW!

Oh yeah Im not Dominican.

gokiki

Mar 28, 2007
Dominican Salon in LA!

There is a new Dominican Salon in LA called Domini Salon. They service men and women! Their website is: http://www.DOMINISALON.com. They are in the Silver Lake area of LA! I followed Clara Johnson (she owns the new salon) from the salon where she used to rent a station to this new salon. It is fabulous. All the stylists are Dominican. They have wireless internet access, filtered shampoo stations and are in a loft - the salon looks great and they are so down to earth!

Who said there are no Dominicans in LA?!

gokiki

Mar 28, 2007
New Dominican salon in LA!

Check out www.dominisalon.com it's a new Dominican salon in LA! 213-389-7896

Hey my fellow dominicans!

What's up? I'm a fellow dominican and moved from NYC to L.A. about 4 months ago with my girlfriend, who is also dominican. We really like it here, however, we do miss our fam and our people from back home. Well just wanted to say hi and let you know that there are more of us migrating to the beautiful west coast even if we don't have our peeps here. Hit me back when you can.

Regards,
Ramon
rhm0724@hotmail.com

ae-specDR

Oct 27, 2007
im in valencia/ santa clarita california..man if any of you know a good bachata and merengue club please post it...oh y vallan a ese salon porque hasta yuca y platano pelan..relajando

BlackBeauty

Oct 27, 2007
Saludosss

I moved to Orange County a couple of months ago (para asistir la escuela de leyes) entonce no conozco bien california y no he andado mucho in Los Angeles. Pero de todo modo..I saw a response indicating that a festival should be started here in the Los Angeles area.

I'm director for Public/Media Relations for the Festival Dominicano en Chicago so if someone is seeking more information our organization KISKELLAS is more than happy to help out and inform you of how we formed ours in Chicago which even hit newspapers in Santo Domingo:
Dominicanos en Chicago celebran la Restauraci?n

It was a huge success and we are thrilled to get in contact with other dominican organizations as well. Our website is being redone and is almost complete but meanwhile you can check out our myspace:

MySpace.com - FESTIVAL DOMINICANO (CHICAGO) - 99 - Female - CHICAGO, Illinois - www.myspace.com/elfestivaldominicano

I still work on festival work from all the way over here in Orange County (i'm only here during the school year) and would love to get in contact with more organizations and individuals.

Me pueden escribir a:

celenna@Hotmail.com

Kalem

Nov 5, 2007
Nuevo en LA

Yo soy dominicano y me mude a Burbank desde Boston hace dos meses. Vivi 3 a?os en Boston y 25 en Santo Domingo. Solo conozco a otro dominicano en California, con quien fui al colegio desde 1ro de primaria, y vive en Newport Beach. Me gustaria saber si hay mas dominicanos cerca de Burbank.

Adriano

P.S.
I'm fully bi-lingual, so if you feel more comfortable speaking in English I can do that too. ;)

el30caballero

Nov 16, 2007
Mi nombre es Sanchez, llevo 11 Meses en la cuidad de los angeles, les escribo esta notita para que guarden mi correo electronico porque yo les voy a estar mandando informaciones sobre el Club Social Recreativo y Cultural Dominicano. El Club Dominicano de Los ?ngeles y el Consulado General de la Rep?blica Dominicana en California y la Regi?n Oeste de los Estados Unidos est?n recolectando comidas enlatadas, ropa, agua medicamentos, pa?ales para ni?os, f?rmula infantil y otras provisiones similares en el 533 Colyton Street, Los ?ngeles, CA 90013. Personal estar? en esta direcci?n recibiendo donaciones desde las 8:00 a.m. hasta las 7:00 p.m. siete d?as a la semana. Donaciones monetarias pueden ser depositadas a la cuenta del Banco de Am?rica No.0147603770, la cual el Consulado Dominicano en California ha espec?ficamente designado para ?ste desastre natural.

Para m?s informaci?n, por favor llamarme al (323)649-6851, o a mi correo electronico:dennisjsanchez@hotmail.com. Yo he tenido el placer de ser nombrado Encargado de Relaciones Publicas de la Directiva. Les envio este cordial saludo e invitacion para que vengan el viernes 16, Sabado 17, Y Domingo 18 de Noviembre del a?o Dos Mil Siete a el bodegon que esta localizado en la direccion anterior habra una charla y comida para todos los invitados. Se les agradece de corazon su participacion y su visita, pues necesesitamos su ayuda para enviar un furgon lleno de provisiones a la Republica Dominicana. Adelantado les doy las gracias a todos mis compatriotas.

Sinceramente,
Dennis J. Sanchez
Encargado de Relaciones Publicas, Club Social y Cultural Dominicano Los Angeles.

Last edited:

thenewlatc

Nov 19, 2007
thenewlatc.com
Dominican solo performer at THE NEW LATC

Josefina Baez, a writer/performer, born in La Ramona, Dominican Repulic will be performing "Dominicanish" at THE NEW LATC November 29 - December 2, 2007. She emigrated to New York and now finds herself flowing from one cultural home to the other.

"Dominicanish" is a non-linear show that incorporates poetry, dance and music as well as the spoken work in performance. Her performance includes Kuchipudi (dance of India) and soul music. Baez's work is multi-disciplinary in context and multicultural in scope and explores themes of migration and marginality, language and the body and identity.

We invite Dominicans in the Southern California area to join us at THE NEW LATC for this fascinating performance. This is an excellent forum to meet other Dominicans while being supportive of art and culture from home.

See our full performance schedule at The NEW LATC.
Located at 514 S. Spring St., Los Angeles, CA 90013 in downtown Los Angeles.

Single ticket prices are $28, groups of 10 or more qualify for special pricing of $15 per seat. Seniors and students also have $15 pricing.

Purchase tickets at the Ford Box Office: 323-461-3673.
Group ticket sales at 213-489-0994 X 109.

Come and join us!

almontejr2007

Nov 27, 2007
Dominicanos Presentes

Holla Dominicanos! believe it or not there are a lot of dominicans in Orange County. i would live to meet and have a sancocho. There is a club in san diego called caribe night club, they make dominican food and sell brugals and presidente. the web site is caribenightclub.com