Starbucks in Punta Cana

Jan 9, 2004
Speaking of location, just wondering how much one has to pay to obtain a Starbucks franchise in the RD?

Regards,

PJT
Starbucks does not franchise.

They do however, in many Latin American and European markets grant licenses to use their trade name, giving the licensee generally free rein as to how to conduct their business i.e., pricing etc. Licensees are not required to pay a portion of their sales to the parent, nor conduct and pay for advertising campaigns conducted by the parent.

There is more, but I think you can get the general idea.

Green Star Partners is the licensee on the Island.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: PCMike and aarhus

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I have a friend that who manages a store here and he said Starbucks usually keeps 60% of the profits and the rest goes to the store to pay for whatever it needs to support the business such as utilities, payroll, purchase drinks, supplies, etc you name it

That is why Starbucks is filth rich, 60% profits man.

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
I don’t know if it has been mentioned, but for certain crowds, Starbucks represents a certain aesthetic. A pop culture trend.

So their influence can’t be underestimated; people will go to great lengths to pose with the logo for their Instagram feed.

To me, it usually tastes burnt. I’ll buy it if the Tim Horton’s line up in Terminal 3 in YYZ is too long. But here, I’ll take Cafe Santo Domingo any day of the week.

SteveK

Jan 23, 2011
Starbucks? Who cares..I rather head to the campo and enjoy fresh brewed coffee while watching the hummingbirds..Starbucks is way Overpriced.

Reactions: windeguy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
March 8, 2023
The inauguration of Starbucks Punta Cana

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
More to the story:

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
📍

This stunning store is our sixth store in the Dominican Republic and is the very first drive thru location! Some reasons why we love this store is:
💚
This will provide employment opportunity to 18 partners (employees) in Punta Cana as they join approximately 100 partners in wearing the green apron nationwide!
☕️
We're bringing the same products that customers love, into a unique on-the-go experience that will allow partners and customers to continue their passion for coffee, including Starbucks Dominican Republic single-origin coffee.
🎨
The beautiful murals were painted by local artist, Ivanna Candelier, as an ode to her family and their connection to coffee as well as the Starbucks bond with the Dominican land.

Photos of the new store

336173801_779705863147471_5793363762067520953_n.jpg

336080146_225787009921042_1397396660147789989_n.jpg

336145939_1161585154534147_2040036888069493580_n.jpg

335428381_216129404405516_8457634045481879209_n.jpg

Reactions: aarhus and NALs

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
More to the story:

📍

This stunning store is our sixth store in the Dominican Republic and is the very first drive thru location! Some reasons why we love this store is:
💚
This will provide employment opportunity to 18 partners (employees) in Punta Cana as they join approximately 100 partners in wearing the green apron nationwide!
☕️
We're bringing the same products that customers love, into a unique on-the-go experience that will allow partners and customers to continue their passion for coffee, including Starbucks Dominican Republic single-origin coffee.
🎨
The beautiful murals were painted by local artist, Ivanna Candelier, as an ode to her family and their connection to coffee as well as the Starbucks bond with the Dominican land.

Photos of the new store
That's a really nice looking Starbucks.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I was confirmed by my daughter's mother Starbucks is looking to open up a new location inside Agora Mall.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
We picked up our daughter and grandson at SDQ yesterday, they haven’t been here in 11 years. About 10 minutes into the ride home from the airport, daughter asks are there any Starbucks in DR. Followed by “Can we go??”
Show them this video. lol

A small tour of the place at 4:56.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Hey, they've made some changes in AILA.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
More to the story:

📍

💚
☕️
🎨

Photos of the new store

View attachment 7353

View attachment 7354

View attachment 7355

View attachment 7356
I find many Starbucks have a bit of Coworking look to them and that it is perfectly fine to use them like that. Some coffee shops and chains don’t mind and others don’t like it.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I do like the Starbucks business concept. Fresh, hot and light food items as well. Their coffee is simply not my favorite. I think they make the big coin on the specialized beverages, not a cup of black coffee.

Reactions: aarhus

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Some years ago, Starbucks offered a drink called Chantico, the best drink I've ever had, bar none.
But it didn't last long, as it was the only drink you couldn't customize.

They thought I was weird:

"May I get an extra large Chantico, por favor?"

Barista: "Sorry, but you would have to order two drinks, and I can combine them in one large cup..."

"GREAT!"

Chantico was sooo good... !

"How good was it?"

It was better than sneezing eight times in a row.

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Drove past Starbucks Punta Cana ...a few times last week ...not many people each time ...same with the Taco Bell in the mall .....just bored staff ....but let the new KFC in Veron show you how it's done ...especially on a Tuesday ..."Martes Loco 8 piezas de pollo $399 " ...full of customers ...queues...young ..old... from all walks of life ! Their marketing on IG is quite good too ...We will give whoever is running their IG account a job any day.

The Little Caesars next door is on its way out IMO ...they sold us cardboard-stale-frisbee-days-old pizza ...so never again ! 😫

To think , once upon a time, Veron only had a Burger King ...that soon closed…and that was it….now look …but only time will tell . 🤔

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Drove past Starbucks Punta Cana ...a few times last week ...not many people each time ...same with the Taco Bell in the mall .....just bored staff ....but let the new KFC in Veron show you how it's done ...especially on a Tuesday ..."Martes Loco 8 piezas de pollo $399 " ...full of customers ...queues...young ..old... from all walks of life ! Their marketing on IG is quite good too ...We will give whoever is running their IG account a job any day.

The Little Caesars next door is on its way out IMO ...they sold us cardboard-stale-frisbee-days-old pizza ...so never again ! 😫

To think , once upon a time, Veron only had a Burger King ...that soon closed…and that was it….now look …but only time will tell . 🤔
Yep, of all the franchises nationwide, KFC is the most agressive when it comes with specials. They're really into the game of volume sales. We see that same movement in their Santiago stores with their daily specials. @Buffness