Popeyes chicken

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A couple of Three Things ( Soprano;s reference for the slow laners)
1)- its My Opinion based on real observations , Restaurants Fail for very specific reasons . Its a topic which fascinates me .
. The Management team in the US may be different, but the Company Philosophy is the same Globally . or are you saying a Different Corporation runs Popeyes in the DR ?
According to this, the average Popeyes in the USA ends the year on the blue.

Acording to this, they are implementing a multi-year plan to increase profitability and they aren't improvising.

2)- The Woman is the video is giving her " opinion" as well. their Fries are excellent , she is right .. as to the Chicken being "real" and KFC being " fake" , sounds like Slander to me , unless there is proof that KFC uses Fake chicken Parts ... again, her opinion, not based on any facts whatsoever ... Im assuming you made a Typo when you said "EARING" and meant Eating .
Business is made based on people's perception whether what they think is a fact or not. Why do you think many people are willing to buy from certain luxury brands despite many of their things are basically the same as the cheaper kinds? People will often perceive the more expensive one has to be of better quality (not always the case, but the assumption is there.) Lets not even get into discussing how the "fake luxury brand" market functions.

There is a difference between eatable and non-eatable products. The same person that doesn't have a problem having a faje Louis Vuitton or Chanel bag knowing very well it's fake, will not have the same opinion regarding the food they eat. If people think your food is fake and the food of a competitor is real, you have a problem.

3)- The Price and quality thing is as relevant as it gets ... or perhaps you dont have people in your Family who worked in the Food Industry ..
If you owned one, I assure you that the slightest Price Change , affects the Bottom Line EXPONENTIALLY .
The Customer will either accept it , because your quality is so high, or they will reject you completely, which is what is happening to Popeyes .
Expanding in Markets outside the USA will not save them . Yes they had Explosive Growth , all the way through 2019. & then leveled off during Covid
( in the meantime Chic Fil A had their BIGGEST EARNINGS EVER During Covid ., how did they do it ? I know, maybe you can tell us though ? )
I hope you attempt to Repond to this part . because it extremely important ..
Corporate Philosophy, and brand Loyalty means everything, Having Systems in place for every single day to day Process is Key as well
Again Chic Fil A is a well oiled machine .. Popeyes is a Disaster on the Front line
They could not handle the Volume even if it was sent to them by some Miracle..
Any decent Chic Fil A Location is ready to serve 200 Customers Per HOUR ( 120 drive thru/ Hour , no problem) and I did not pull those #s out of my Arse ) .. No Popeyes Location could ever dream of such Volume .
You seem to not grasp that Chic Fil A isn't in the DR. Popeyes DR is not competing with them. Their main competitor is KFC Dominicana and local brands such as Rey (not the DR1er) and Victorina's.

Popeyes USA is still profitable as shown in the beginning of this post.

and IMO, Popeyes has completely lost their way in terms of who their Customers are . and it will affect DR Sales, very soon.
Maybe they are hoping that the Dominicans are just not intelligent enough to figure out what a meal should Cost .
The DR is not the USA.

I predicted Boston Markets( formerly Boston Chicken ) Complete Failure , about 2 Years ago.. many in the food industry did.. they had No Vision whatsoever ,
Boston Market doesn't exist in the DR.

BURGER KING has been going in this bad direction for a Long long time as well .. Ask anyone if they have had a Burger there lately ?
How many Locations have they Closed ? should I help you look it up ? 120 + in 2023 alone... why would you close a location ?
Guess who Owns Popeyes ? since 2017 ?
How many BK's in the DR have closed (moving similar to the Verón to Coco Loco doesn't count)?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
You really cannot compare the franchises in the DR with the franchises in the USA. So, let's keep this thread related to the franchise in the DR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The combos really don't look like much more than a combo at Mickey D's, BK, or Wendy's(?).
It's a fried chicken fast-food restaurant. What did you expect? I'm still working on why these folks thought it was a good idea.

Papa Johns is no customer magnet either. When they opened, the fanfare only lasted a few days. Their pizza is terrible, and they give you melted butter to pour on top of it??.

Reactions: SKY and keepcoming

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It's a fried chicken fast-food restaurant. What did you expect? I'm still working on why these folks thought it was a good idea.

Papa Johns is no customer magnet either. When they opened, the fanfare only lasted a few days. Their pizza is terrible, and they give you melted butter to pour on top of it??.

Curious if you think compared to the US version , Papa Johns is worse in the DR ? ( cuz imo, in the US its not the worst pizza, not the best either but)
so. How does Popeyes intend to maintain their Quality Control in the DR .
I dont think they have a Plan , and I certainly dont think they are flying down to spot check them. ( yes thats what very successful Chains do, spot checks from Corporate, a surprise visit every time)

Maintaining Quality, even when everything is laid out for Employees ,and seems idiot proof, is a major Challenge, esp in the DR .
Not even family owned Restaurants can control Quality 100%. of the time .
This is their Very First Spot in the entire Country .. Failure should not be an option..
But lets watch what happens in a few weeks .

Reactions: JD Jones

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm just saying that a fried chicken combo with a biscuit, fries, and a drink is about the same as a fried chicken sandwich combo at Mickey D's, BK, and Wendy's.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Papa Johns gets an A for consistency. They are garbage all over the World............

FWIW, I took somebody with me to try Papa John's when it first opened. That person grabbed the melted garlic butter and poured it all over the pizza (a meat lovers type).
I won't say it was bad, but when we left, half the pizza we didn't eat stayed behind.
For me, that was a record.

Reactions: jd426

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I like Popeye's over KFC but I really do not eat either. Tried them so if I had to choose it would be Popeye's. I would like to hear if/when someone does go there what they think. Not much else can be said.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Popeyes after a week.

I was going to go on Saturday but now I'm not too sure.
Notice how in the restaurant, almost all of the tables are full of people waiting for someone in line to bring them food. they take up all of the tables so when somebody gets an order, there's no place to sit. One of the most aggravating things about eating at fast-food restaurants.

Give it another week or so. Patience.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Notice how in the restaurant, almost all of the tables are full of people waiting for someone in line to bring them food. they take up all of the tables so when somebody gets an order, there's no place to sit. One of the most aggravating things about eating at fast-food restaurants.

Is there not a point in a grown man's life that he stops eating in greasy fast-food establishments? Bubble gum and lollipops are fine when one is 11 y/o.

• Haha

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

I went today but it was at the wrong time, at 1230 pm. Probably 50 people all in front. Some waiting to order, some waiting for food. I couldn't tell.

I problably need to try again after 2pm.