Popeyes chicken

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Finally made it to Popeyes today. I hope to make it an Easter tradition.

In any case the line was not long at all and I had no problem with a parking space in the back. I got the #5, spicy chicken sandwish for 385 pesos. It was good and better than Pluyer Pollos, but not worth standing in a long line or fighting traffic for. Hopefully I will see them next Easter.

The drive to Piantini from San Isidro was super smooth. No issues at all.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Finally made it to Popeyes today. I hope to make it an Easter tradition.

In any case the line was not long at all and I had no problem with a parking space in the back. I got the #5, spicy chicken sandwish for 385 pesos. It was good and better than Pluyer Pollos, but not worth standing in a long line or fighting traffic for. Hopefully I will see them next Easter.

The drive to Piantini from San Isidro was super smooth. No issues at all.
Just for the sandwich, or a combo?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
That's only about $6.50 USD. Maybe a little expensive for the pica pollo crowd but, otherwise, pretty reasonable to me.
At least in Popeyes there is the hope the chicken is cooked in new cooking oil replaced everyday and it isn’t a reheat. In the pica pollos and other Chinese places they are known for not changing their cooking oil every day and reheating leftovers from the day before.

Reactions: cavok

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I tried Popeyes last night. It was terrible. The chicken sandwich was very plain, the chicken breasts were nothing special and the cajun fries gross. My order was a total of 2000 pesos. I had the rest today and now I feel like crap. Never again.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
At least in Popeyes there is the hope the chicken is cooked in new cooking oil replaced everyday and it isn’t a reheat. In the pica pollos and other Chinese places they are known for not changing their cooking oil every day and reheating leftovers from the day before.
I doubt they change the oil every day at popeyes even in the States, more likely the oil is cleaned by filtration, McDonalds had these types of machines when I worked there years ago