Popeyes chicken

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Is there not a point in a grown man's life that he stops eating in greasy fast-food establishments? Bubble gum and lollipops are fine when one is 11 y/o.
Apparently, Warren Buffet doesn't think so. He's 92 and has breakfast at McDonald's every day.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Apparently, Warren Buffet doesn't think so. He's 92 and has breakfast at McDonald's every day.
Not much to complain about with a McMuffin sandwich with an English muffin.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Today I was driving on a toll road in upstate NY and was hungry so I stopped one of their Popeyes location, look at these prices, OUCH!

50% more expensive than DR pricing, dang!

396903101_349570874300642_956183755875522085_n.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: cavok and JD Jones

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Today I was driving on a toll road in upstate NY and was hungry so I stopped one of their Popeyes location, look at these prices, OUCH!

View attachment 8454
Did you eat it ? because one of these Thruway Rest Stops is one the the First Places which completely turned me off to their Chicken, besides the Price jumps.
Absolutely the worst Fried Chicken I ever tasted . So if they cant even keep up the Quality at a Rest Stop on the NY Thruway , how do they expect to do it in the DR ?
I'm not hoping they will fail ,, I KNOW they will fail .
Just look at those Prices .. is that a JOKE ?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Did you eat it ? because one of these Thruway Rest Stops is one the the First Places which completely turned me off to their Chicken, besides the Price jumps.
Absolutely the worst Fried Chicken I ever tasted . So if they cant even keep up the Quality at a Rest Stop on the NY Thruway , how do they expect to do it in the DR ?
I'm not hoping they will fail ,, I KNOW they will fail .
Just look at those Prices .. is that a JOKE ?
I watch a lot of TeeToe reviews from new spots around NYC. I can't believe the prices. I don't know what fried chicken costs but the prices on that menu snapshot look horrifically out of sync with the value they are providing in return. 50 dollars for biscuits and a bucket of grease? I mean it IS chicken, right? Is there some sort of waygu bird now?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think any restaurant in a highway rest stop will be more expensive than in city streets. It happens with McD's. Gasoline is more expensive too. This also extends to other places like airports and in controlled access settings such as theme parks (notice the price for a bottle of water can get abusive in some places.)

I wouldn't use any Popeyes or any other restaurant prices in a rest stop to compare with DR Popeyes prices.

Reactions: malko

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
It is DR related
He’s citing the menu differences
Telling us what a deal Popeyes is here
WW it is a reminder we need to keep this about the Popeyes in the DR and not wander off, ok...that is fine the menu was posted.

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017

View attachment 8454
Did you actually take that picture yesterday? Because I saw that same picture on FB and it had been posted 5 days ago. (Which also coincidentally mentioned it was taken in upstate NY I90 toll road)

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Did you actually take that picture yesterday? Because I saw that same picture on FB and it had been posted 5 days ago. (Which also coincidentally mentioned it was taken in upstate NY I90 toll road)
I didn't said I took the picture, just share them. I was there yesterday and was sharing about the price, that's all.

Reactions: cavok