Trump pulling out or Cap Cana?????

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Cap Cana has finally put out the English version of their Trump Towers (Trump Hotel Collection)Press Release, ...

http://www2.capcana.com/serve/listfile_download.aspx?id=614&num=1

TRUMP AND CAP CANA CONTRACT THE PRESTIGIOUS ARCHITECTURE
FIRM WATG FOR THE TRUMP CONDO-HOTEL AT CAP CANA

The Trump Organization and Cap Cana recently announced the selection of the
prestigious North American company WATG, for the architectural design of the
new Trump Condo Hotel at Cap Cana, located in Cap Cana, the most exclusive
tourism real estate development in the Caribbean.
With an investment projected at several hundred million dollars, the 400,000-
square-foot condo hotel will embrace the private 800-foot-long Coralina Beach,
known for its breathtaking white-powder sand and turquoise-blue waters. The five
star project will include approximately 300 rooms in elegant apartments and
villas; a 7,750 square-foot jacuzzi containing floating areas for massage and
special treatment areas; a signature restaurant; beach club; and 4,700 squarefeet
of conference centers for meetings and special events.
WATG specializes in designing dreamlike destinations for the world’s elite to
escape to and is internationally renowned through the success of previous works
such as Atlantis Paradise Island in the Bahamas, and the Bora Bora Hotel in the
French Polynesian Islands.
To develop the Trump Condo Hotel at Cap Cana, both Trump and Cap Cana
have collaborated with the specialized team from WATG as well as the Puerto
Rican architecture firm CMA Architects & Engineers with over 40 years of
acclaimed success, and Patricia Reid Baquero, famous Dominican interior
decorator.
Mark Yoshizaki, Associate Vice President for WATG, expressed “for those
staying in the heart of the project as well as those in the hotel with views of the
Caribbean Sea, Trump at Cap Cana offers many opportunities to create a
private, spectacular environment that belongs to those who are accustomed to
luxury”.
The architecture of the Trump Condo Hotel at Cap Cana is inspired by
contemporary Caribbean design: serene detail coupled with natural materials
creating an environment of comfort and luxury.
Emphasizing the Dominican Republic’s positive environment for
investment, Trump focuses on the advances in the “Trump at Cap Cana”
development
Eric Trump, Vice President of Development and Acquisitions for The Trump
Organization, praised a favorable environment and investment security that the
Dominican Republic offers foreign investors, and highlights the creation of
products of ultimate luxury for those whose high standards for quality go hand in
hand with that which only Cap Cana and Trump can provide.
With regard to the Trump at Cap Cana Project, Trump explained that “It will have
five stages of development to be constructed over a period of six years
”. For him,
the organization is focused on delivering the highest quality in each and every
product they develop, as will be evident with the golf course that is currently in
the final phase of selection from the number of world leading course designers
vying for the opportunity, for which Trump feels “very fortunate, and trusts that
the course is going to be incredible”.
Another grand attraction will be the Trump Towers, consisting of two elegant
residential towers offering the best services and amenities, providing its guests
with impressive views of the Caribbean Sea where each tower will reach the
twentieth floor from its location on the bluff,
270 feet above sea level.
Cap Cana and the Trump Organization are working with internationally renowned
and accredited companies including WATG, CMA Architects & Engineers, and
Patricia Reid to continue offering its clientele the exclusivity, quality, and comfort
that are synonymous with The World’s Next Great Destination.
development in the Caribbean. Its entire property has more than 120 million
square meters containing powder-white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters,
and is recognized for its size and its vision of becoming a great community
integrating luxury and exclusivity.
At the conclusion of its master plan, Cap Cana will have more than 5,000
residential units and more than 4 luxury hotels with some 700 hotel bedrooms. It
will include five golf courses, three of them by the highly-coveted hand of Jack
Nicklaus’ personal signature and course design, along with the most modern and
complete Marina in the Caribbean that in its final phase will have the capacity for
more than 1,000 moorings for yachts of all sizes up to and including mega
yachts. Cap Cana has amenities and services such as elegant boutiques,
gourmet restaurants, world-class spas, and exclusive memberships in yacht
clubs, sports clubs, and beaches, amongst others - Cap Cana

About The Trump Organization
Established in 1980 as the umbrella company for all of the company’s real estate
development and corporate affiliates, The Trump Organization has continually
set new standards of excellence when developing its interests in luxury
residential real estate, world -class hotels, corporate building development,
championship golf clubs, gaming, merchandising, and entertainment. This
continuous commitment has made Trump the preeminent developer of quality
real estate known around the world - Welcome to the Trump Organization

CAP CANA
C/Alberto Larancuent #8, Ens Naco ? Santo Domingo,
Dominican Republic
To contact, phone: (809) 472-2525 ext. 2368

Last edited:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Other recent news, ...

$5USbn to be invested i Cap Cana
At least $5USbn will be invested in the Dominican Republic's Cap Cana tourism project, Cap Cana's commercial relations VP Ellis P?rez told BNamericas.

The project originally involved a $1US.5bn investment, including installing hotels and other tourism facilities, local roads, potable water and sanitation networks, rainwater drainage networks, said P?rez.

But the recent signing of strategic partnerships with the Marriot Group and Donald Trump significantly expanded the area's initial development plans.

According to P?rez, Cap Cana will require further infrastructure development in terms of transport, water and sewage services, energy networks and telecommunications.

The new $5USbn investment projections include the development of resorts and hotels, golf courses, and also the construction and expansion of basic service infrastructure, he said.

Although P?rez could not specify the investment needed in basic infrastructure, he said officials are already working on the new master plans for these projects, as they need to be developed along with the tourism resorts and facilities to be constructed over the next few years.

__

Authorities to Expand Cap Cana Aerodrome
Dominican Republic authorities and airport concessionaire Aerodom Siglo XXI are working on a master plan to expand the aerodrome located in town Cap Cana, on Juanillo bay, an official from the country's exports and investment promotion agency CEI-RD told BNamericas.

The expanded terminal will be handled by Aerodom, the official said.
The air transport terminal's activities are expected to increase with the development of the Cap Cana tourism project, which will involve a $5USbn investment.

Authorities are working to determine the terminal's demand projections for the coming years, along with its technical needs and investment requirement, the official said.
Aerodom is the concessionaire of six airports in the Dominican Republic, handling approximately 50% of the country's airport passengers.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-esta...et-2-billion-trump-cap-cana-2.html#post603075

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
Sotogrande at Cap Cana

Cap Cana latest sale drive; the first stage of Sotogrande at Cap Cana:

Sotogrande vende Cap Cana en quince d?*as - Expansión.com

In barely two weeks, Sotogrande, the property development subsidiary of Spanish hotel chain NH Hoteles, has sold 75 per cent of the first lot of properties on its property development and tourism project in Cap Cana, in the Dominican Republic. Few Spanish investors have bought properties, with most being bought by investors from the US and the Dominican Republic. Prices range from 400,000 euros for an apartment measuring 90 sq m to 2m euros. The whole first lot of properties is expected to sell out in the next few days.
Cap Cana chairman Ricardo Hazouri has predicted that by the time the Sotogrande at Cap Cana project is complete, it will contain up to 8,000 apartments. It will contain 352 residential units in 32 three- and four-storey buildings. The complex will also contain a hotel with 88 rooms and 56 apartments, which will be operated by NH Hoteles.

__

About Sotogrande at Cap Cana:

Sotogrande at Cap Cana will have a hotel offering of the highest quality, with
exclusive amenities and multiple residential options, with a constructed area of
approximately 124,000 square meters. The hotel and real estate development
will have three construction phases, as a result of the alliance of these three
great corporations. Cap Cana, Grupo NH Hoteles, and Caja Duero.
The real estate development of Sotogrande at Cap Cana has 352 residential
units distributed among 32 3- and 4-storey buildings. The project is composed of
different models that run from 90 m2 studio apartments to three-bedroom 350 m2
penthouses. The apartments will have jacuzzi, exterior bathrooms, modular
kitchens, and terraces. The common services include five swimming pools,
parking for owners and special parking for golf carts. In addition, all these
apartments will have the option of being included in a rental program. The extent
of the complete real estate area is composed of 45,000 m2 of interiors, and
17,600 m2 of exterior areas.Sotogrande at Cap Cana Resort & Spa. A new concept in hotels
The hotel development of Sotogrande at Cap Cana has a boutique hotel with 88
bedroom suites with paradise-like ocean views of the Caribbean Sea, distributed
among 21 buildings of 2, 3, and 4 storeys. The 2-bedroom suites will be located
on the lower floors, and the Master Suites will be on the upper floors.
They will be complimented by 56 (condo-hotel type) apartments distributed
among 14 buildings of 4 storeys each, which will offer hotel service to 112
bedrooms operated by NH Hoteles.
In total, 200 hotel bedrooms will have available facilities such as reception,
parking, business center, shops, restaurants, convention center, and services
including spa, swimming pool, beauty salon, gym, and others.
The first stage of the project consists of 95 apartments, the 88 hotel suites, and
the 56 condo-hotel apartments, for a total of 112 bedrooms.
The architectural design and engineering of the project, which enjoys views of
lakes and hills, will allow the owners to enjoy the magnificent views of the ocean,
the “Las Iguanas” golf course, and the area of the Farall?n or cliffs. This design
is the responsibility of the prestigious Mexican architectural firm of GVA.
The prestigious financial institution of Caja Duero offers the Spanish market an
attractive financing plan of up to 25 years at the most competitive rates on the
market. For its part, the participation of Mortgage IT Inc., well-known banking
firm of residential loans, and subsidiary of Deutsche Bank, offers buyers
interested in markets such as the United States, Puerto Rico, England, and
Canada, long-term financing options to acquire these spectacular properties.
Dominicans can access attractive financing through an important financial
institution in that country.
Sotogrande at Cap Cana joins the broad tourism and real estate offering of Cap
Cana, to be part of the world?s next great destination.

__
Jennifer L?pez y Marc Anthony en playa dominicana
El cantante puertorrique?o Marc Anthony y su esposa Jennifer L?pez pasaron el fin de semana en un complejo playero dominicano, informaron este lunes sus representantes.

L?pez y Anthony se alojaron en el centro tur?stico Cap Cana, en Punta Cana, a unos 205 kil?metros al este de la capital, acompa?ado.

SotoGrande at Cap Cana

147.jpg

150.jpg

151.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

158.jpg

159.jpg

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not such a fabulous site

And the Donald moving into Puerto Rico so if you stay where you are Kemo...................;)
El magnate Donald Trump invertir? US$600 millones en campo de golf

Three weeks ago I had the pleasure of staying at The Rio Mar Golf and Spa in PR (An incredible place with (2) 18 courses.) While I was there I spoke to a RE agent about my favorite subject and she told me about The Donalds's purchase. The next day I took a walk by and I got to tell you it is not spectacular nor do I think it has the potential to be such. BUT, with his marketing skills I am sure it "Will be the most, the biggest, the grandest, place in ALL of Puerto Rico!!!"

john

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Three weeks ago I had the pleasure of staying at The Rio Mar Golf and Spa in PR (An incredible place with (2) 18 courses.) While I was there I spoke to a RE agent about my favorite subject and she told me about The Donalds's purchase. The next day I took a walk by and I got to tell you it is not spectacular nor do I think it has the potential to be such. BUT, with his marketing skills I am sure it "Will be the most, the biggest, the grandest, place in ALL of Puerto Rico!!!"

john

Honestly the Beach in Cap Cana is more Beautiful but the area in Rio grande, PR General Vegetation and nearby Rain forest of el Yunque makes it more expectacular than any in the Caribbean. The project that Arturo Diaz is developing with Trump is a Trump International Golf Club. This is only one of a few in the world that will have the Trump Name as a golf Properties. This project Diffrently to Cap Cana Trump will own 50% of the project together with Empresas Diaz the developer. Trump will manage the Golf Club and grounds including beach clubs and amenities. This concept is very similar to what trump develop in Los Angeles and Palm Beach florida. The Housing will bear the trump brand but will be build and develop by Diaz. Villa Owners will have the right to use all Trump amenities but the Membership in the Golf Club is optional. The Initial Project is about 600 million dollars but the total amount of the Investment will reach 1.4 Billion dollars. Trump also plans to develop a trump international hotel and Villas inside the Trump International Golf Club. This area in the East is probably one of the most develop Resort areas with more golf courses anywhere in the caribbean. For Example Coco Beach which is own by Diaz already owns the Coco Beach Country Club with 4 golf Courses this is also adjacent to the Complex already develop by him Gran Melia Puerto rico a very High end Sol Melia Property. Also in development and already in use is the St Regis Bahia Beach Puerto rico Complex very High end 5 diamond property being developed by Munoz and St regis this property has already in use Bahia Beach Golf course designed by Robert Trent jones and another course is expected to open in this complex this year. Also where John stayed Rio Mar a Wyndham Grand Resort Complex this complex has already 3 golf courses including the world famous river course designed by the Shark!!!!! Rio Mar hotel formerly the Westin now the wyndham is a sprawling property way bigger than Barcelo Complex in punta cana. Further down the road you reach Fajardo with the Largest Marina in Latin America you have soon to open the Intercontinental Hotel Cayo Largo and a Nine hole golf Course. Then You have probably one of the best resorts in the world el Conquistador Massive development with private island beach acessible by ferry water park 10 restaurant funicular is expectacular property with adjacent Las Casitas Village one of only 2 properties in the Caribbean to bear the 5 diamond award. El Conquistador has one of the most scenic spectacular courses in the world. Then you drive about 25 minutes and you will reach Palmas del mar and top Notch 4 golf courses Palmas del mar is the Biggest resort community so far in the Caribbean this is Pending Cap Cana will develop in 15 years to the level that palmas is right now. Palmas del mar is developing and in construction is Mandarin Oriental hotel Complex this will be an Ultra Luxury complex like St Regis this will also have a private golf course this development is expected to reach over 1 billion dollars. So in a strech of probably no more than 25-30 miles in Eastern Puerto rico we have more Golf Couses and Ultra Luxury developments that any other place in the caribbean.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Thank you Kemo.. Very Interesting...

Given all this info above, PR has an interesting future. Being part of the caribbean USA, I think this would concern any DR developemnt (future or existing). Particularly in prices, currency stability, and security. Regarding (boating) marinas, crusing grounds and deep-sea fishing, PR has the DR beat, hands down. It is much closer to the "Islands", than is the DR. I will really study PR's NE coast as a potential RE investment area now. That is, as soon as I sell my place here in the DR...;););)

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Given all this info above, PR has an interesting future. Being part of the caribbean USA, I think this would concern any DR developemnt (future or existing). Particularly in prices, currency stability, and security. Regarding (boating) marinas, crusing grounds and deep-sea fishing, PR has the DR beat, hands down. It is much closer to the "Islands", than is the DR. I will really study PR's NE coast as a potential RE investment area now. That is, as soon as I sell my place here in the DR...;););)

The only reason why the D.R has develop so much tourism is one is the cheapest in the caribbean as per Puerto rico is more high end destiny more expensive. Also more than 300,000 puertoricans go to the D.R for Vacation specially the east coast Punta cana Area. Also there is no comparison in regards to the Marina Infraestructure in Puerto rico comparing it to the D.R even if they finish the whole Marina Project of Cap Cana the East Coast of Puerto rico has over 3,000 slips and over 1500 dry stacks is the highest percentage in all of Latin America only Ft Lauderdale Florida the Boating capital of the world has more. Also in Road infraestructure , Telecommunications, Electricity and water and availability of Shopping and malls hands down beats the D.R now and in the Future to come.

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
There you go Kemo therapy for you........:cheeky:

ha ha!

Another Nicklaus Course in Dominican RepublicUnderway

Construction of Las Iguanas began in June 2007 and is about 25 percent complete, according to Frontier Business Manager Nick Mazzella. Jack Nicklaus made his first site visit November 6. He inspected all 18 holes, set forth the design strategy and provided detailed sketches of six putting surfaces and surrounds. Mazzella said developers anticipate opening Las Iguanas sometime in early 2009. For its part, Frontier expects to complete the course-construction portion of the estimated $40 million Las Iguanas project November 2008.

Working day to day with Nicklaus Senior Project Architect John Cope and Design Coordinator Mike MacInnes, Frontier Golf will move nearly 1 million cubic meters of rock at Las Iguanas. Some 35 percent of that total has been unearthed since June 2007.

"To say the rock has been a challenge would be an understatement," Mazzella said. "Of the 400,000 or so cubic meters we've already moved, we had to blast more than three-quarters of it. Although it is a slow process, the end result will produce a striking golf course. Las Iguanas will be highlighted by four holes with features along the ocean, though the entire back nine will afford expansive views of the sea."

In time there could be as many as six courses split between Cap Cana's main property and the exclusive (Donald) Trump at Cap Cana now under development. This project is taking shape on contiguous property, perched on a bluff 200 feet above the Nicklaus courses, on what the locals call the Farallon.

[/quote]

Last edited:

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
The only reason why the D.R has develop so much tourism is one is the cheapest in the caribbean as per Puerto rico is more high end destiny more expensive. Also more than 300,000 puertoricans go to the D.R for Vacation specially the east coast Punta cana Area. Also there is no comparison in regards to the Marina Infraestructure in Puerto rico comparing it to the D.R even if they finish the whole Marina Project of Cap Cana the East Coast of Puerto rico has over 3,000 slips and over 1500 dry stacks is the highest percentage in all of Latin America only Ft Lauderdale Florida the Boating capital of the world has more. Also in Road infraestructure , Telecommunications, Electricity and water and availability of Shopping and malls hands down beats the D.R now and in the Future to come.
...and all thanks to Uncle Sam ...:tired:

aegap

Silver
Mar 19, 2005
ESPNdeportes.com - Cap Cana tendr? un torneo de leyendas en abril

For the first time the world?s best players of the PGA Tour of Champions ?which is more than 50 years old- will make a stop in Dominican Republic, in one of three courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, another Masters champion, who will be there to oversee the match, ninth in the 2008 calendar.

Germany?s Bernhard Langer, the Scot Sandy Lyle, the Welshman Ian Woosnam and the Americans Tom Watson and Craig Stadler, Fred Funk, Jay Haas, Tom Kite, Nick Price, are the Augusta winners who have confirmed their presence, though the list also includes great golfers such as Spain?s Jose Maria Ca?izares and Juan Quir?s, and Argentina?s Eduardo Romero and Vicente Fernandez, said Phil Staubaugh, Public Relations manager of the PGA Tour by telephone from Augusta.

"We want this match to become a classic, the Classic of Cap Cana,? said Ellis Perez, vice president for Institutional Relations, during the competition?s presentation held today in Madrid.

The match will continue for two more years in Cap Cana, which has signed an option for another two, the promoters said, adding that 78 golfers will play 54 holes for the US$2 million dollar purse, with US$300,000 for the champion.

ESPNdeportes.com - Cap Cana tendr? un torneo de leyendas en abril

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003

I guess this explains why you invested in "cheap" RE such as Casa de Campo and Cap Cana...

This also explains the "wishful thinking" of your original post in this thread.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
...and all thanks to Uncle Sam ...:tired:

ain't that the truth!! Someone that understands what's going on.Hey don't get me wrong PR was great but you pay thru your nostrils and then some.l @$500 a night (plus food and drinks) and $188 for a round of golf

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Did you ever hear..

the expression "Anybody can sell a Mona Lisa'? That's what I feel about PR. But at what price are you going to have to pay for this Mona Lisa? OP made an investment, for better or worse, in a giant speculative project and now he's getting the jittery sweats. Understandable. That's what investing is plain and simple.
JOHN

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I guess this explains why you invested in "cheap" RE such as Casa de Campo and Cap Cana...

This also explains the "wishful thinking" of your original post in this thread.

First of all my family has had a villa in Casa de Campo for almost 20 Years!!!!! In Regards to Cap Cana i think the Project is great but there is a worry the way Grupo abrisa and Hazoury financed the project this concern will only grow as the global credit crunch continues growing. The projects that are done in Puerto rico are mainly done by private equity investment. Mr. Arturo Diaz doesn't have to mortgage the Property to get the money!!!!!!!!!!

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I also want to point out the most of the investment done in Casa de Campo in Punta Cana for this high end communities like Cap cana and Roco Ki are almost completely financed by American Investment Bankers. In regards to the development of the Island of Puerto rico comparing it to the D.R i always there the argument thanks to uncle sam is like the D.R did not Borrow almost 6 billion from the FMI guaranteed by Washington is like U.S Aid has not contribute more than 500 million dollars to the D.R. Is like U.S Churches and Nonprofits organizations in 2006 donated over 2 billion dollars to the D.R is like TSA/Homeland Security funded almost 200 million for all D.R Airport Security equipment. Is like the Navy < Coastguard and other U.S agencies donating almost 400 million dollars a year in Military equipment. Yeah? Thank You UNCLE SAM?

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
First of all my family has had a villa in Casa de Campo for almost 20 Years!!!!! In Regards to Cap Cana i think the Project is great but there is a worry the way Grupo abrisa and Hazoury financed the project this concern will only grow as the global credit crunch continues growing. The projects that are done in Puerto rico are mainly done by private equity investment. Mr. Arturo Diaz doesn't have to mortgage the Property to get the money!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah whatever...Next time I buy some property the first thing I will do is go online and tell everyone it is infested with termites..pathetic.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Yeah whatever...Next time I buy some property the first thing I will do is go online and tell everyone it is infested with termites..pathetic.

The problem is when somebody brings a legitimate concern about a project in the D.R in this case Cap Cana it always turn to a Nationalistic argument that this and that instead of really focusing in what the thread is the only info that i have gotten here is a couple of dominicans bringin Newspaper and Magazine articles of a truly great marketing group that is Cap Cana but not substantial financial info.

Narcosis

Dec 18, 2003
The problem is when somebody brings a legitimate concern about a project in the D.R in this case Cap Cana it always turn to a Nationalistic argument that this and that instead of really focusing in what the thread is the only info that i have gotten here is a couple of dominicans bringin Newspaper and Magazine articles of a truly great marketing group that is Cap Cana but not substantial financial info.

Oh please, spare us the "legitimate concern" crap, this whole story of someone on the inside giving you this info is pure BS..