how can a american man settle down with one girl in the DR?

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I doubt that many of the wives or NUMBER 1 GFs know for a fact the other woman exists.

bad bad bob

...or the other man exists....
I have a lot of gay male friends back in Toronto and they tell me about all the 'married' men (many who are Caribbean 'macho' men) who they sleep with.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
I would rather be open about it and stay safe from stress and STDs,

STDs....That is the main issue. Now lets be real!!! How many of these pleasure seeking, in the moment men....men who as we said are only thinking with one part of their body, do you really think are using pleasure reducing protection with their women on the side, that they have been with for months or years sometimes?
Sorry I dont believe too many, especially when I see so many unwanted, resented and unloved 'children' being born from these 'on the side' relationships here. With no daddy in sight. Too bad not enough men equate being a 'man' means taking care of your children and responsibilities.

The immediate self gratification without thinking about the consequences, lets live for today and not think about tomorrow mentality, that is so common, especially throughout the Caribbean does not lend to using the 'oh I cant feel anything, I dont like those things, they are not comfortable' condoms.

So the moral of this story is if you are not 100% sure your significant other is not sleeping around...... no glove...no love.

Unfortunately like in a lot of developing nations, a lot of these women who are financially dependent on their men to feed their kids, arent in a position to say wrap it even when they know their men has a 'trailor load' of women on the side (that he is more than likely not using protection with!).

Reactions: AlaninDR
STDs....That is the main issue. Now lets be real!!! How many of these pleasure seeking, in the moment men....men who as we said are only thinking with one part of their body, do you really think are using pleasure reducing protection with their women on the side, that they have been with for months or years sometimes?
Sorry I dont believe too many, especially when I see so many unwanted, resented and unloved 'children' being born from these 'on the side' relationships here. With no daddy in sight. Too bad not enough men equate being a 'man' means taking care of your children and responsibilities.

The immediate self gratification without thinking about the consequences, lets live for today and not think about tomorrow mentality, that is so common, especially throughout the Caribbean does not lend to using the 'oh I cant feel anything, I dont like those things, they are not comfortable' condoms.

So the moral of this story is if you are not 100% sure your significant other is not sleeping around...... no glove...no love.

Unfortunately like in a lot of developing nations, a lot of these women who are financially dependent on their men to feed their kids, arent in a position to say wrap it even when they know their men has a 'trailor load' of women on the side (that he is more than likely not using protection with!).
Slow down with the STD talk!!! Not to many people are catching STDs in DR so slw down with the condom retoric!!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Exactly, they are fooling him, actually. Every woman knows if he has others. It is quite obvious to any of us. I would rather be open about it and stay safe from stress and STDs, than pretend like nothing is happenning because I am scared and insecure. I don't have time to be his one only pleasure. I am just way too busy with my work, family and life. But it is nice once in a while. :)[/QUOTE
Exactly, but most of these women don't think like you. And what I have noticed is that the majority of them are very young and BELIEVE that the more they have sex with them eventually the man will fall in love and that simply is just not the case. I am a busy woman too which is why this does not bother me...I don't spend my day obsessing over some man. Believe me......

dammmmm...I predict you will never get divorced.

just hope a lot of american men dont read your post....it will just drive them even more to find their own domincana dream!! ha ha

now I am sure my ex would NEVER think like you in that reguard...but

her mind set was just from a different planet than I had been used to in the states...I never thought that all dominican women thought like that, but I was thinking maybe many do....

just like please the man in as many aspects as can be dreamed...and be hot, and sexy.....and morenita con largo pelo negra...ok getting off trck here

someone throw a bucket of cold water on me...

bad bad bob
I am divorced...hence, my new found thinking. I prefer to be happy, I am too blessed to be stressed and women that do not think like I do...are setting themselves up for some stressful days (and nights).
The problem with women that do not think this way is that they equate cheating (or sleeping with someone else on the side) with the thought that something in the realtionship is broken. I just do not believe that, why?, because I believe in ME and my ability to bate, catch, keep, and satisfy a man. These women are insecure...of course everyone thinks that if your man goes out an has sex with someone else he may leave you in the end for her....AND? Then apparently he wasn't the man for you.
I read an article that interviewed quite a few men and women and asked them their top reason for cheating....Look at this...
MOST FREQUENTLY CITED REASONS WHY MEN CHEAT(BY MEN)

- More sex
- Sexual Variety
- Opportunistic sex
- Satisfy Sexual Curiousity
- Feeling of Entitlement
- Thrill of the "Chase"
- Desire to feel Important/Special
- Sexual Addiction

No man said......
- Because I don't love my wife
- Because my wife is fat and ugly
- Because my wife doesn't please me in bed
- Because my wife is too busy with the kids

Come on...my relationship is not broken nor have I failed in some way to please my man. I just am realistic and MEN are MEN.
Alot of women are losing GOOD men because they are too rigid and have a one track mind set...Have faith in yourself and the fact that your man loves you and it has NOTHING to do with YOU
SHALENA

Reactions: ExtremeR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Slow down with the STD talk!!! Not to many people are catching STDs in DR so slw down with the condom retoric!!!

Do you have data on this?

Do what you like with your own life but I think it's irresponsible to tell the general public that "not too many people are catching STD in the DR".

Do I really need to tell a bunch of adults that there are some STD's that have very little symptoms?

Like I said, do what you want with your own life but don't post such reassuring info for the general public.

And Pat, pulling out and denying don't work well in a DNA test.;)

Here is a post from a Canadian girl ( whom I've met in person) that volunteered in the DR.

I have worked with an organization called CIAC, I unfortunately forget what it stands for in spanish. i will find out though. Anyways, I actually stayed in the centre in Tamayo for 2 weeks, not even realizing what it's purpose was. One night when we were relaxing there, some guys knocked on the door, we peeked out, unlocked the door, and they asked us if we had any condoms! We were like huh? Said No and closed the door. Only, to realize a few minutes later that CIAC hands out free condoms to those who need them. They also do promotion through posters being put up around the community about safe sex, and talking to various communities and bateyes about safe sex through presentations and to the youth through drama. So, there are groups that do promote this and teaches about safe sex, however there is just not enough of them reaching out to all of the tiny, tiny, or even bigger campos, bateyes, barrios about this issue and AIDS.

Also, with CEA and another government organization, I went to some very very poor bateyes to hand out birth control and to give the results of pap smear tests that were performed on many of the young women in the communities. Every test, came back with something wrong with the woman and medication handed out. It was very disturbing, because in Canada, you would never expect anything to come back positive. Also, birth control is very hard to come by, therefore not many of the girls could access this service for free.

So, there are some organizations out there, just not enough to target all areas and not enough money for NGO's to promote this without more government assistance.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Look we all know STD exist so why bring this up all the time? the only people who are finding worms in this thread are the ones who are not getting any real loving at home.
AZB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Alot of women are losing GOOD men because they are too rigid and have a one track mind set...Have faith in yourself and the fact that your man loves you and it has NOTHING to do with YOU
SHALENA[/QUOTE]

Exactly, I would feel very sorry for loosing a good, kind and self-respecting man. That kind of man can do whatever he likes with whoever he wants. I will never say a word against it as long as he is safe. But it is healthy to get rid of those who allow themselves to treat other people like trash - just for our own health and sanity :)

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
is this for real?

Yes. That is why we are here. To have a 18 y.o. wife (and five more dreaming to be in her place)when we are 75.

Would you try it in beautiful EEUU? Can you name anything more important in life?

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Yes. That is why we are here. To have a 18 y.o. wife (and five more dreaming to be in her place)when we are 75.

Would you try it in beautiful EEUU? Can you name anything more important in life?

I guess for me that would be to have someone attractive, well educated, intelligent and independent who likes you for you and not for your money, or because her mother tells her she has to get married and have babies. I guess people here think otherwise. Maybe they never had one like that and never will. Oh, well, it is not for everyone.

Last edited:

Arrica

Jun 3, 2006
STD - not a joke

Just looking at my stats on HIV prevalence in the Dominican republic, 1.1 percent (0.0 - 1.3 range), with only 52 % of men using the 'capote' -I would be a bit concerned, and not only AIDS is a concern, many of the less 'vile' STDs are more risky like clamydia or herbes - nasty encounters that many a European man and Woman have experienced from their flirts during a charter trip to the Mediteranian

-let's not be naive about the amount of disease out there - and besides naivity can be criminal- this is not just yourself that you contaminate, but also your sex-partner...

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
How did you get on the subject of men are dogs and cheaters? Again, why do you consider a man a dog who doesnt want to settle down? If a women is single and doesnt want to settle down you call her a independent women,and a man is called a dog.

I never said that!!!!

I was refering to the guys that are saying that men will cheat, no matter what man it is, and what i said was that i do not beleive that, i KNOW men that are faithful

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Sweetheart, he memorized that from a Hallmark card. I know because I just finished reciting the same thing to MY girlfriend.

The only thing a man will say with any real conviction is "please don't let anyone eat the big piece of chicken before I get home" and "don't hide the remote on Sundays".

Everything else is negotiable.:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

LMFAO, yes, I found the hallmark card this weekend going thru old files. that bastard!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
How in the world could you compare the oppotunity for your husband to cheat in the DR. TO Cheatin while going to the home depot. Face the truth..the only reason your husband probaly dont cheat on you in the states is that he probly cant..and I'm glad that you think you have the only non dog man in the world.

Before you go on yapping, READ what I am saying, I NEVER SAID that my husband was not a cheat, I am saying that when a person is GOING to cheat, they will do it no matter where they are and that I dont waste time worrying about those things because truthfully I have never been given reason too.

Who knows what he does when he leaves the house aside from what I know and what he says, I would never say never, to ANYONE, but again, I dont worry because so far, I have never been given a reason, so that means:
A) he might just be faithful or B) hes very good at doing his thing.

I dont worry either way, I am secure IN ME.

but move on, this isnt about ME or my relationships, its about PEOPLE and what they chose to do with their time and life and dycks!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
I see that some explanation is needed here.......first of all, I don't date married men. That's stupid....because then you ARE the b*tch.
The following is my observation only and should not be misconstrued as professional love advice

Most Dominican men have a #1 wife or girlfriend and at least 2 b*tches on the side...if you are that wife or girlfriend, you know it, and so does everyone else.
These men know what they have at home and will not risk losing it for some "good time in the sack chic"
These men actually LOVE their wives/girlfriends...they are just MEN.
The families of these men usually know who is the wife/girlfriend, and even though they know that their brother/son/uncle is creeping...even THEY are not going to allow some hood rat to mess up their family...they know who is important. You might even hear one say "No te metas con mi cunada o te mato!"
These side b*tches know what they are, and if they don't then they are blind.....
They are usually taken to a motel/hotel.
They may be taken past the man's mom's/sister's house when just 1 or 2 family members are there but are NEVER invited to big family gatherings or occasions
They are never spoken to in public if the man is with his wife/girlfriend
They never have a home landline number to call
They know when they want to see this guy, they have a 50/50 chance that he'll show up
The man wants no photos taken of them together
Whenever they go out with his friends...HIS friends are with girls that she knows are not their girlfriends!
and the best way to know........He TELLS her!!!
It has been my experience that Domincans do not lie in that aspect, usually the b*tch knows he is with someone...when they first meet, usually something is said like "Tengo mi mujercita peeeeeeeeeero......"
So IMO they get what they deserve after they accept an offer like that.
Most never EVER tell the wife or girlfriend....why? They know they will get their heart broken....most of these men let it be known that they are NOT leaving their wives/girlfriends, no matter how many "TKM" text messages they send.
So there you have it........
SHALENA

This is SO true, and VERY much how a dominican household goes down. Even the most "respectable" family man has this arrangement. It is beyond me why this still happens these days.

Island living....

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
This is SO true, and VERY much how a dominican household goes down. Even the most "respectable" family man has this arrangement. It is beyond me why this still happens these days.

Island living....

This happens in most developing countries.
Reason why it still happens..... ECONOMICS, and the women know that if they leave their husband the next guy they are with will do the same thing!

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
A is very unlikely unless he is really afraid of you or not a good playa.

...or he is not interested in being with another woman.

I know alot of men cheat or wish they had the opportunity to...
but SOME men really have no desire to be a 'playa' and are really a one woman type of man.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Accept it for what it is.

I love how some men expect the women in their lives to 'accept it'...but if the tables were turned they would NEVER 'accept it'.

Was talking to my local agro market guy this week and he was eating his yummy looking lunch and I jokingly asked him to ask his wife (who I casually know, I was there next door neighbour for a short while, at least well enough to go to her house and play with her kids) to make some for me.
So as he was sharing his lunch with me he loudly states oh my wife didnt make it my other woman did. I said what did you say, shocked he would be so blunt about it with me since I was just with his wife, and his employee and some other guys there said his 'other woman'.
I said ok and said does your wife have another man? (I knew what his response was going to be but was just having fun playing with him)
Of course he looked at me as if I was crazy, and so did his employee and friends and said hell no thats not allowed here, I would kill her.
I said why is it ok for you and not ok for her...and how do you know what she is doing when you are at work all day?
Hahaha I dont think he enjoyed his lunch that day.

And his other woman is most likely only with him because she can get free food and not because she likes his sexy beer belly LOL.

Like I said ECONOMICS