Krispy Kreme - Santo Domingo

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I go to KK here in Vegas and is empty, my brothers from DR were here when the DR KK opened and I took them there so nobody can say something to them lol. One thing is for sure, they are delicious.

Chris Rock once said that if cocaine is ever found in a KK donnuts, people reaction will be "Ohhhh, that's why!!"

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Why is this such an event.

Why is this such an event?

HAHAHA!!! You people know NOTHING about Santo Domingo!!!

The Krispy Kremes here are eaten by the elites-can't you tell by the late-model Benzes, Beemers and Jeepetas at the drive-through window in the video posted by PICHARDO?

If you're Dominican they won't even sell you a doughnut unless you have a valid visa for Western Europe or North America!!! At one US dollar per doughnut, that eliminates the barrio trash many of you come here to date from turning the establishment into a puta-infested colmado!!!

You chopo lovers couldn't hold a conversation with the fine university chicas "de buena presensia" that work behind the counter-you know, the ones who also model on the side, have rich boyfriends who take them to Casa de Campo, gargle with Johnnie Walker Black, take weekend shopping trips to Paris, Milan and NYC and have chopo maids wipe their mouths when they finish one bite of a jelly doughnut!!!

If you listen to Krispy, you're not allowed to EAT Krispy doughnuts!!!

Understand? :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Reactions: Africaida

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

The Krispy Kremes here are eaten by the elites-can't you tell by the late-model Benzes, Beemers and Jeepetas at the drive-through window in the video posted by PICHARDO?

If you're Dominican they won't even sell you a doughnut unless you have a valid visa for Western Europe or North America!!! At one US dollar per doughnut, that eliminates the barrio trash many of you come here to date from turning the establishment into a puta-infested colmado!!!

You chopo lovers couldn't hold a conversation with the fine university chicas "de buena presensia" that work behind the counter-you know, the ones who also model on the side, have rich boyfriends who take them to Casa de Campo, gargle with Johnnie Walker Black, take weekend shopping trips to Paris, Milan and NYC and have chopo maids wipe their mouths when they finish one bite of a jelly doughnut!!!

Now, that's funny ! LMAO :cheeky::cheeky:

10+ years in the US and never been to a KK :eek:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

That just about sums it up :)

BIGBOY21

Sep 15, 2010
oh yeah!! had 'nt had crispy cream in a while, fresh of the line glazed, i would eat a hole dozen back in good old Miami Dade County, they melt in your mounth...
its a good thing i just so happened to be driving to santiago from Port-au-Prince on satuday, im gonna have to make a stop in Santo Domingo and get me some of them babies!!!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I get another box"delivered to my door" this Friday night and every Friday night....
...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a box of KK and a good movie...life is good.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I don't eat doughnuts in the US and don't really understand why people are so interested. I like European deserts and pastries so much better. A bakery like in Vienna would be a great place to visit.

Reactions: Africaida

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I don't eat doughnuts in the US and don't really understand why people are so interested. I like European deserts and pastries so much better. A bakery like in Vienna would be a great place to visit.

I went to a Dominican bar in NY which had a thatched palm roof and each beer was like 10 dollars. People would love to go there to get a little taste of dominican republic; a place in Ny with thatched palm roof. When I was inside and after paying 30 dollars for 3 presidente beers, I felt so stupid. These thatched palm roofs are everywhere in dominican country side. I don't even look at one, let alone enter a place. So why is it such a big deal for people to go to a place with the same roof in NY?
There you have your answer to KK doughnuts in SD.
By the way, the place is not like a regular KK store in USA, this is a fancy joint. I have never eaten a KK doughnut in my life, I guess I will go there tomorrow for the first time.
AZB

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I get another box"delivered to my door" this Friday night and every Friday night....
...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a box of KK and a good movie...life is good.

6s9nj7.jpg

Ahhh!

The benefits of having a "Good" friend like Barry......

...the sweet pleasure of visiting my "Good" friend every Friday night!!!!!!!!

________
5xvrds.gif
________
The Happy Donuts Dance

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

6s9nj7.jpg

Ahhh!

The benefits of having a "Good" friend like Barry......

...the sweet pleasure of visiting my "Good" friend every Friday night!!!!!!!!

________
5xvrds.gif
________
The Happy Donuts Dance

Hmmmmm, keeping my friend, or keeping my donuts.......
Good friends are hard to find, but I REALLY...REALLY love these donuts......
Would a GOOD friend put me in this position to have to choose, I THINK NOT...
Oh, I forgot for a minute, I don't have to choose, you NEVER EVER go out at night.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Barry is a super cool guy, I bet he can use another friend on fridays. hahahaha.
Viva barry, viva KK,
AZB

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
woman, i swear to you, i the UK i would not even look at a dona twice, it would be like falling for an animation worker :)
but after four years in DR with no dona in sight i felt ready to rip limbs and cut throats for a proper doughnut.
and yes, european style bakery would be lovely. do you know that i regularly dream about visiting cukiernia (reposteria in polish)? shame i cannot bake to save my life. just about the only desert i can make is tiramisu and i do not make it often because i eat the entire pan (large size) in two days :eek:

Reactions: Bronxboy

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
well spoken Alyonka.
I dont see the fuss about KK,they greasy :(
beurk its like eating a piece of butter.
when harrods started to selling those doughnutes,people were queuing like sheeps!
DR need some more french bakery and dominicans will learn about good food and real pastries!!

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
i have been told there is one in la romana!im not sure!
if PAUL or patisserie valerie will do negocio here,they could make some serious money !!
honestly a doughnuts compare to a tarte au pommes or even a croissant!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I dont see the fuss about KK,they greasy :(

In some parts of the world, the greasier, the better (or the sweeter, the better). And they wonder, why they have the highest obesity rate in the world.

PS: There is a good French bakery in Las Terrenas.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
In some parts of the world, the greasier, the better (or the sweeter, the better). And they wonder, why they have the highest obesity rate in the world.

PS: There is a good French bakery in Las Terrenas.

it's only because they never been taught about good food.
look at the americans tourist in paris! they never forget about the experience of having gourmet food and tasty dessert!:bunny: