Krispy Kreme - Santo Domingo

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
A friend of mine went and told me each doughnut is 30 pesos and a dozen is 300 pesos, not too bad compared to king donuts!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A friend of mine went and told me each doughnut is 30 pesos and a dozen is 300 pesos, not too bad compared to king donuts!

A bit more than double the price that they charge in the US, if I remember right. Par for the course I guess, but well worth it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
just left there and was not too bad of a line,maybe 30 people in front of me,but went fast...had glazed and the choclate cream filled.... very good....the glazed are 30 pesos,the others are 40 pesos....nice store with tables and couches,with wifi.
bob

Do they have the hot light there?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
did not notice...as donuts were coming down the track all the time...
bob

p.s. as a admirer of machinery,this machinery is amazing at how it produces the donuts...

If they have the machine then they have hot ones a lot of the time. The place to go for doughnuts now for sure. But to me the Original glazed that come from the machine are the best by far.

Reactions: waytogo
Now you are talking.....lol...Also it looks like the last Krispy Kreme bit the dust at 2 Penn plaza underneath Madison Square Garden...(or one of the last) not long ago........there were 9 Krispy Kremes at it's peak.............Like Sinatra once said...."If I can make it here.....I can make it.......... anywhere.... it's up to you".......was not an easy market to crack for a lot of different reasons...........:cheeky::cheeky:

I am so sad there are no Krispy Kremes in NY anymore..my boyfriend and I used to buy one box for the house and one box for my parents in Long Island. Now they are just a distant (but fond)..memory.

Looks like next time I'm DR I'm getting reaquainted with Krispy Kreme and less time at the beach :lick:

mikol

Jul 1, 2010
they do have a hot light. tallest point in the building.

rumors are that they will not open in blue mall

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
should have went this morning, but heck I am going to load the kids up and go right NOW..............

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
We went on Friday night at about 8:30pm.. tried to go in the front door, but was told by security that you have to go to the back door. So in the back they have some tents set up and there was quite a line. Kind of felt like the Christmas Story movie when Ralphie goes to see Santa and is told The line ends HERE. It begins THERE!!
2568tuq.jpg

The line moved pretty quickly, they let about 10 people into the store at a time.
They also have a drive thru..this lady wanted to spend some quality time with the menu...
1t77l3.jpg

We waited for almost an hour, but watching the machines + some good company in line, it went by fast..A box of Dz. with the filling was $400.
24q7laf.jpg

34529ly.jpg

1zlg65y.jpg

v5lw6e.jpg

P.S I don't usually hang out at doughnut shops on a perfectly fine Friday night...This was a one time thing...I swear!:cheeky:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They have been jammed packed since the day they have opened.

This is going to be great business for Gold's Gym and Body Shop :)

jerseygirl22

Jan 6, 2009
I'd be willing to bet this store is setting company records for sales. They HAVE to be.

I thought I was going to buy some the other day, but I ain't waiting in line to buy donuts!

The drive through had cars all the way around, and a line up Churchill of at least 20 cars.

Completely agree!
I went to Krispy Kreme on Friday thinking the line might be smaller since there was the Presidente festival, boy was i wrong. I'm just going to wait a few weeks until the novelty wears off, because i'm not going to wait an hour to get 2 or 3 donuts. Although they are sure making bank with all the people that are willing to wait.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
they seem to have got the marketing right - Im almost tempted even though I dont like them , I feel Im missing out on something

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
they seem to have got the marketing right - Im almost tempted even though I dont like them , I feel Im missing out on something

They are new and thats all! wait until the new wears off, I am waiting to see if they outlast Dunkin Donuts. Any one remember how many mcDonalds there used to be here in santo domingo and how many there are now? I know of 3 now and remember at least 6 on the west side of the river, no idea on the other side

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Krispy Krack

I'd be willing to bet this store is setting company records for sales. They HAVE to be.

I thought I was going to buy some the other day, but I ain't waiting in line to buy donuts!

The drive through had cars all the way around, and a line up Churchill of at least 20 cars.

Believe it or not JD, this is totally normal for a Krispy Kreme opening.....right on schedule....the "WOW" factor in their marketing plan is perfect....(and works)....when these doughnuts became available in the Northeast (US)....this was pretty much the norm..........time will tell.....if they can keep customers....especially REPEAT.....right now they're getting them "hooked"....hahaha.....but this is not really an indicator of how they will do in the future.......hey enjoy the excitement.......I like Dunkin doughtnuts......but I must admit I love Krispy Kremes........(don't have them very often).....but when the opportunity presents itself I LEAP.....lol.......;)

Reactions: woofsback

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
hype never outlasts reality

i agree that once the hype subsides it will slowly disappear

couple of years back alot of publicity was set in the toronto area about people driving an hour or 2 to the U.S across the border to pick up boxes of donuts...lasted for a couple of months...then died down...

incidently: Tim Horton's switched thier process to making donuts the same way as Krispy and now no-one even mentions Krispy Kreme anymore...
i know this cause ex worked at Tim's when the change went thru...
and yes i got all the free donut holes i wanted....
but had to pay for the donuts :)