Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell Phone From US

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    What is wrong with Orange that they can't roll on 4G on the North Coast ? Heck 5G is being tested now for possible deployment for Orange in Europe and T-Mobile already has it testing in some small parts of US markets. The 1st carrier that can get 4G everywhere is going to win everyone's business.
    And Claro post-paid in Puerto Rico, without contract is $40 for 10GB of data, unlimited text and calls within Puerto Rico & 100 minutes of long distance to US. Same parent company - why is the DR such a rip off ?
    Till now here in Dominican Republic the only company that is giving us some benefics and better prices is VIVA, with the investment they did their coverage has improve a lot and will continue getting better, they have already LTE in almost 100% of the coverage, very good speed and unlimited prepaid and pospaid internet. You should try testing a prepaid simcard from VIVA, 7 days of unlimited data for 145.00 pesos. Im now very happy with the services

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to keep an eye open for a Viva place in Sosua. Orange was my only option in my previous house due to coverage. Claro would be better where I am now, but I dread having to go through claro's application for post pay service again. Doing nothing has become my m.o. for aggravation reduction these days.

3. Likes canned oj, westcan liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    I'll have to keep an eye open for a Viva place in Sosua. Orange was my only option in my previous house due to coverage. Claro would be better where I am now, but I dread having to go through claro's application for post pay service again. Doing nothing has become my m.o. for aggravation reduction these days.
    Some of my friends moved their numbers to VIVA, and another one was testing a simcard and told me end of this month will switch to VIVA, they are happy. You dont lose nothing buying a simcard to test the service and coverage.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm prepared to give them a try. Can't be worse than what I have now provided I can get coverage at mi casa. I'll stop in if I stumble across a Viva reseller.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend tested the speed and he got 54 mbps speed, his phone is HTC Disire 530, its a cheap phone, I have old plan and for LTE I need to change plan and I didnt do it ye, they are giving me now 3G services with speed of 10 mbps, for what I do that speed is perfect, maybe later I will check the LTE plans and change it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

How is VIVA coverage nationwide, or is it region specific?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Exactly the question I was going to ask.

We use VIVA for our satellite TV, and if we also use them for one of our cellphones the cost comes down about 400-500 pesos a month.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

9. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    this is the nationalwide coverage updated, they will be adding aditional 800 new anthenas.

http://viva.com.do/cobertura/

11. Likes AlterEgo, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to keep your US cell phone, and actually have it work...on ATT, it is $10.00 per day.

No way around it.

If you have USA TMobile, good luck. Your internet will barely work if at all.

WhatsAp works decently with TMobile though.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

.....I brought down to the DR from the USA , in the last year.....2 Samsung 7 phones. my local company, family mobile assured me they had unlocked them.... they didnt..... had them unlocked in DR, added new sim card, with new phone number.....now they work perfect....the next 2 samsung phones I brought down I bought from Amazon, International versions, unlocked from Samsung....only way to go, and cheaper.......Doc.......

14. Likes SKY liked this post
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast