Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puerto Plata Tourism Growing

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Puerto Plata Tourism Growing

computer translation:

TOURISM| 05 OCT 2017, 10:32 AM |EDWARD FERNÁNDEZ

Puerto Plata is the destination of greatest growth in the arrival of tourists

PUERTO PLATA. The Minister of Tourism, Francisco Javier García, reported that this destination has experienced the greatest growth in the arrival of tourists to the country in recent years.

He revealed that during the first eight months of this year, the International Airport of Las Américas registered a growth of 1.9%, that of Punta Cana 8%, while Gregorio Luperón grew 15%.

"To know how Puerto Plata is, it must be said that so far this year, the destination is leading the growth of the arrival of tourists to the country by air and sea," he said.

The Tourism Minister announced that Puerto Plata will receive positive news about investment that will provoke a revolution in tourism in the area.

Francisco Javier García spoke during the opening of the sixth version of the Discover Puerto Plata MarketPlace tourist fair. The ceremony was held at the Hotel Iberostar Playa Dorada and the development of the fair takes place in the convention center of Puerto Plata.

https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...stas-HE8314900

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    computer translation:

TOURISM| 05 OCT 2017, 10:32 AM |EDWARD FERNÁNDEZ

Puerto Plata is the destination of greatest growth in the arrival of tourists

PUERTO PLATA. The Minister of Tourism, Francisco Javier García, reported that this destination has experienced the greatest growth in the arrival of tourists to the country in recent years.

He revealed that during the first eight months of this year, the International Airport of Las Américas registered a growth of 1.9%, that of Punta Cana 8%, while Gregorio Luperón grew 15%.

"To know how Puerto Plata is, it must be said that so far this year, the destination is leading the growth of the arrival of tourists to the country by air and sea," he said.

The Tourism Minister announced that Puerto Plata will receive positive news about investment that will provoke a revolution in tourism in the area.

Francisco Javier García spoke during the opening of the sixth version of the Discover Puerto Plata MarketPlace tourist fair. The ceremony was held at the Hotel Iberostar Playa Dorada and the development of the fair takes place in the convention center of Puerto Plata.

https://www.diariolibre.com/economia...stas-HE8314900
    I can believe the part about something provoking a "revolution"

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Comes as no surprise to me. Been watching Playa Dorada rejuvenate itself for three or four winters now. New very expensive condos, rebuilt resorts, etc. If you factor in the recent devastation to many of the islands in the Caribbean, tourism business in Playa Dorada and its surrounding areas should increase anyway.

4. Likes ctrob, Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Comes as no surprise to me. Been watching Playa Dorada rejuvenate itself for three or four winters now. New very expensive condos, rebuilt resorts, etc. If you factor in the recent devastation to many of the islands in the Caribbean, tourism business in Playa Dorada and its surrounding areas should increase anyway.
    well, the assertion is that the rate of increase in POP is the greatest number. that is not hard to figure, since it is calculated from the lowest base.

let us say a guy has 100 dollars. if you give him 10 dollars, his increase is 10%. if he started with 1000 dollars, and he gets the same 10 dollars, the increase is 1%.

6. Likes Garyexpat, Expat-in-Cabarete liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

This is great news. All along the coast there are new projects. With Thompson going in on the Cabarete resort, there should be more flights coming and hopefully more competitive pricing. Also, with the new road to the Santiago airport opening next year, there should be more options for tourists as well. I think in a few years time we will be complaining of crowded roads and parking problems... hahahaha Well on DR1 we will always find the negative aspect of things... I think... We have lived through the good ole times here...things are going to change over the next few years...

8. Likes ctrob, Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    This is great news. Also, with the new road to the Santiago airport opening next year, there should be more options for tourists as well. I think in a few years time we will be complaining of crowded roads and parking problems... ... We have lived through the good ole times here...things are going to change over the next few years...

Maybe they'll make RT5 a 4 lane from POP to RSJ. One can dream.

10. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Maybe they'll make RT5 a 4 lane from POP to RSJ. One can dream.
    Maybe, I think they will have to make a bypass around Cabarete if they do that.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    well, the assertion is that the rate of increase in POP is the greatest number. that is not hard to figure, since it is calculated from the lowest base.

let us say a guy has 100 dollars. if you give him 10 dollars, his increase is 10%. if he started with 1000 dollars, and he gets the same 10 dollars, the increase is 1%.
    No Gargoyle------ you should stick to linguistics.

Growth is a measurement increase in this case - passenger arrivals....
    if I have a 10% increase and you have 15% - you grew more.
    No calibration of the base amount (as in your $100/10 & $1000/10 example)

Base amount is factored in to the equation as the denominator,
    the number of new arrivals is the numerator.....

Absolute numbers will favor Punta Cana which receives about 66% of the country's flights.
    A small increase there is a larger absolute number

Your argument is that POP's denominator is so small that 2 passengers artificially drives the % up.
    That assumption is false--- where I come from.

Sorry to challenge you.....but....

13. Likes AlterEgo, Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    No Gargoyle------ you should stick to linguistics.

Growth is a measurement increase in this case - passenger arrivals....
    if I have a 10% increase and you have 15% - you grew more.
    No calibration of the base amount (as in your $100/10 & $1000/10 example)

Base amount is factored in to the equation as the denominator,
    the number of new arrivals is the numerator.....

Absolute numbers will favor Punta Cana which receives about 66% of the country's flights.
    A small increase there is a larger absolute number

Your argument is that POP's denominator is so small that 2 passengers artificially drives the % up.
    That assumption is false--- where I come from.

Sorry to challenge you.....but....
    really. so, if POP had 1000 tourists last year, and Punta Cana had 10,000, tell me what would be the rates of increase if they both got 100 additional tourists this year.

15. Likes Expat-in-Cabarete, TexasGirl2Dr liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    really. so, if POP had 1000 tourists last year, and Punta Cana had 10,000, tell me what would be the rates of increase if they both got 100 additional tourists this year.
    I agree with WW, you're looking at it wrong. If POP had 1000 tourists last year, and 1150 this year, that's a 15% increase. If Punta Cana had 20,000 last year, and 21,600 this year, that's an 8% increase.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

17. Likes Caonabo liked this post
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast