Congrats Boston Red Sox on AL East Win!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Congrats to my Boston Red Sox on winning the AL East. David Ortiz and the team did a great job all year and got the AL Flag fair and square.

As you all know, I am a Red Sox fan over and over and have NO use for the Yankees, but for all of you Yankee lovers, I will tell you that they had one hell of a second half of the season and they deserve their props! - Nice Job.

Best of luck to the Yanks - But I am pulling for my Sox to go all the way.

See what a team full of talented Domincans can do! - They are awesome.

I know that my friend Bob is not going to agree and there are a few more, but Muisicqueen and I are gonna be celebrating soon!

Nice Job Red Sox! ;);)

we_win_cheers.jpg

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Great night!

Amazing seats - right on the Sox dugout - nearly lost my head on an Ortiz smash into our section. Didn't stay for the after party, had my own at the Cask n' Flagon.

When the MFYs imploded, the bar exploded.

Chatted with a lovely nubile from Santiago as well. It's either a small world, or a huge bar.

p.s. GREAT PICTURE Dakra!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
well enjoy for now because i think it may be the Angels from the AL......

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Nice win again last night! - Looks like my Sox have the fever and are ready to take it all. -

Cleef I was in Boston that night right next to Feway - did not get a chance to get to any of the afterparty action.

For all of those haters and non belivers, you can obtain your Red Sox Nation Citizenship at anytime!

Hey Kyle, we'll convert you.... :bunny:

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Unlikely.

well enjoy for now because i think it may be the Angels from the AL......
A really good team, but they seem to be nicked up good; Guerrero and Mathews aren't healthy.

I like the Angels, and fear them, but if those two aren't healthy I think their chances are significantly diminished.

Either way, it should be an entertaining post season.

Go Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaawx!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I will be in SD for 1 week beginning Nov 4th. The playoffs and World Series will be over. My money is on the Sox to take it all. If I am wrong. I will buy Presidente's for you guys for 1 full day......

Go Sox

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
As much as I hate to say it, I'm picking the Yankees to win it all this year. I won't be rooting for them, but I have this feeling this may their year. I think it will actually be a pretty exciting post season...

Unfortunately the Detroit Tigers sucked it up big time this year (almost as bad as the Mets), so there won't be post season baseball up here in Michigan.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
As much as I hate to say it, I'm picking the Yankees to win it all this year. I won't be rooting for them, but I have this feeling this may their year. I think it will actually be a pretty exciting post season...

It will be their year.

Your intincts are correct!!!;)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I still feel bad for the Mets, but the fact is they could have had Sammy for a song, but they didn't want him for his measley 500k salary. Sammy also proved later in the season that he could come in cold as a backup and get rbi's - something the Mets just couldn't get enough of. There is always next year.........

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know enouigh about the other teams to say who really is better.

It seems the yankees somehow pull things together when other teams let things fall apart.

the bosox closed out the season knowing that the yankees almost crawled back into first place.... the sox lost their last game and the yanks won their last.

at 94 wins only two teams in both leagues had better records!!!!!

I hope A-rod and the yankess pitchers show up for the playoffs,

if they do its another crown for the yankees.

id root for the redsoxs if the yanks get knocked out

bob

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I dont know enouigh about the other teams to say who really is better.

It seems the yankees somehow pull things together when other teams let things fall apart.

the bosox closed out the season knowing that the yankees almost crawled back into first place.... the sox lost their last game and the yanks won their last.

at 94 wins only two teams in both leagues had better records!!!!!

I hope A-rod and the yankess pitchers show up for the playoffs,

if they do its another crown for the yankees.

bob

Bob - I thought you were a friend - Now root for them Bosox1

Sep 19, 2005
hey now its playoff time, Ill root for the red socks every time they arent playing the yankees....

thats the best I can do...friend

bob

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A

Bob you have to be kidding me. This is almost like a Met fan saying they would root for the Yankees if the Mets got knocked out. In all honesty I don't know if I take more pleasure in the Mets winning or the Yankees losing. There is no way in hell you could ever root for the Sox if the Yankees get knocked out, or vice versa. This just goes against all baseball logic. I don't care who wins as long as the Yankees lose.

Sep 19, 2005
well here is my thought process....yeah i have one of those!

first I have a ton of friends who are soxs fans and they went without for so long I was actually happy they got a series ring finally.

so if my team cant win here is another "local" team that has a large following in my area, and ill help them root for their team.

secondly it shows the power of the yankee's division. If anyone beats the yankees and goes onto win it all, then you can say it took the best team to beat my team.
wouldnt it be worse if the team that beats your team loses the very next round????

I dont have a hatred for any team....maybe a few players, but not teams year after year like so many people have.

bob