Congrats Boston Red Sox on AL East Win!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yada, yada, yada!!! Same old song from the MFY fans!!!!

Cleef...I was in Boston all day on Saturday...didn't get tix for the game...but did enjoy the atmosphere!!! It was CRAZY around Fenway!!!!! Wow...what a great town to live in!!!!

Why didn't I visit when I was young??? I could have LIVED there all this time!!!! ;)

Go SOX!!!!!!

Sep 19, 2005
Yada, yada, yada!!! Same old song from the MFY fans!!!!

Cleef...I was in Boston all day on Saturday...didn't get tix for the game...but did enjoy the atmosphere!!! It was CRAZY around Fenway!!!!! Wow...what a great town to live in!!!!

Why didn't I visit when I was young??? I could have LIVED there all this time!!!! ;)

Go SOX!!!!!!
I heard they already sold out of crying towels in the greater boston area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats like the wooly bug predicting a heavy winter!!! ha ha ha ha

bob

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I heard they already sold out of crying towels in the greater boston area!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats like the wooly bug predicting a heavy winter!!! ha ha ha ha

bob

Including all the Kleenex boxes!!!!!!!

Don't blame the onions;) lol

GO Yanks!

Cleef - to your credit, even though I know how much you loathe the Yankees, you do give credit to certain Yankee players for being the high caliber players that they are. It's a shame that other Red Sox fans here don't have your class.

As I've said here before - I am a Yankee fan. I don't like the Red Sox, but do not hate them, and I would certainly never call them the MF Red Sox.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
MFYs

Cleef - to your credit, even though I know how much you loathe the Yankees, you do give credit to certain Yankee players for being the high caliber players that they are. It's a shame that other Red Sox fans here don't have your class.

As I've said here before - I am a Yankee fan. I don't like the Red Sox, but do not hate them, and I would certainly never call them the MF Red Sox.

"MFY's" is not my line. It comes from Bucky F'n Dent and the other F'n Yankee who hit the HR off Wakefield a few years ago. It just fits.

As I've said before, I grew up with the MFY's on WPIX (and Mets I believe - 70s) and of course the Red Sox. I gladly admit to be a fan of both. As of now, I can't stand Jeter or Rodriguez so I find it very simple to root against them.

That being said, I love having my team be a part of the greatest rivalry in American sport.

My picks for the post season.

NL:
Phillies over the Rockies
Cubs over the D'Backs

Cubs over the Phillies

AL:
Indians over the MFYs
Saaaaawx over Angels

Saaaawx over the Indians

Saaaawx over the Cubs.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaawx!

Love to see the rest of the gallery make their predictions, instead of Kleenex jokes, yadda yadda yadda.

Can't wait to see the Rally Monkey in Anaheim come the 7th inning of game 3. Saaawx are very familiar with the monkey - they're usually leading in the 7th:squareeye

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
"MFY's" is not my line. It comes from Bucky F'n Dent and the other F'n Yankee who hit the HR off Wakefield a few years ago. It just fits.

As I've said before, I grew up with the MFY's on WPIX (and Mets I believe - 70s) and of course the Red Sox. I gladly admit to be a fan of both. As of now, I can't stand Jeter or Rodriguez so I find it very simple to root against them.

That being said, I love having my team be a part of the greatest rivalry in American sport.

My picks for the post season.

NL:
Phillies over the Rockies
Cubs over the D'Backs

Cubs over the Phillies

AL:
Indians over the MFYs
Saaaaawx over Angels

Saaaawx over the Indians

Saaaawx over the Cubs.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaawx!

Love to see the rest of the gallery make their predictions, instead of Kleenex jokes, yadda yadda yadda.

Can't wait to see the Rally Monkey in Anaheim come the 7th inning of game 3. Saaawx are very familiar with the monkey - they're usually leading in the 7th:squareeye

I second that, go Sox, 2007 WSC!!

Sep 19, 2005
the Indians are 0 and 6 against the yankees this year......

I think that trend will continue

go MFY's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR Mother FY's
ha ha ha

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Yeah, and the Marlins were the Wild Card winners in 2003, and we beat the crap out of your MFY's!!!! :):):):)

GO INDIANS!!!!!!

But the finale SHOULD be CUBS/SOX!!!!
I'm still undecided on who I would pick to win it all...maybe the Cubbies since they haven't won in sooooooooo long...

For some reason, I'm always rooting for the underdog...;)

Sep 19, 2005
For some reason, I'm always rooting for the underdog...;)

stop rooting for losers and that will change!!! cubs and bosox...talk about your collective drought!!!

Imagine the older people who rooted for them losers all their life!!!!
they have apermanent frown!! ha ha ha

bob

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
No, I take great pleasure in rooting for the 'losers' as you call them...and see them beat the so called 'winners'!!!!!! ;)

Sep 19, 2005
No, I take great pleasure in rooting for the 'losers' as you call them...and see them beat the so called 'winners'!!!!!! ;)

well that happend once in a combined total of more than 160 years of baseball( at least 80 years for each team).

but good luck anyway

bob

I think the phrase MFY's is rude, but then again I think the terms Bucky f'in Dent and Aaron f'in Boone are rude too, but I'm just one person.

So you don't like Jeter, Cleef?

People can say what they want about the Yankees, but on May 29th they were 21-29. Over the rest of the season, they went a MLB best 73-39. This was the year that everyone (Red Sox fans, Yankee haters, and just about every commentator, analyst, and reporter) said the Yankees wouldn't make the playoffs. It was going to be Detroit and Seattle fighting for the wild card spot.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I think the phrase MFY's is rude, but then again I think the terms Bucky f'in Dent and Aaron f'in Boone are rude too, but I'm just one person.

So you don't like Jeter, Cleef?

People can say what they want about the Yankees, but on May 29th they were 21-29. Over the rest of the season, they went a MLB best 73-39. This was the year that everyone (Red Sox fans, Yankee haters, and just about every commentator, analyst, and reporter) said the Yankees wouldn't make the playoffs. It was going to be Detroit and Seattle fighting for the wild card spot.

You said it right.

Believe now you haters!!!! lol;);)

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
BoSox fans (and all Yankees haters in general) are a bunch of pussies ... and no civility in their language. They're in for a good a$$ kickin' starting tonight.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
There you go, that's what we need. Some standup throwup.

BoSox fans (and all Yankees haters in general) are a bunch of pussies ... and no civility in their language. They're in for a good a$$ kickin' starting tonight.
Some good examples of civility. Your Dads brought you up right. Did they bet on the Angles tonight? I hope they bought some runs.

Steve, I heard all the talk of the MFYs being out of it and I couldn't believe it myself (some were saying it well before AS break). The talking heads will say whatever they can to promote their agendas.

Two of the biggest payrolls - and success - will pit a good segment of the population against the MFYs and the Saaawx. What the Yanks did - play something like .660 ball was amazing. Although, if you check the slate, they played some bad teams that were struggling. Either way, they made quite a few people eat crow. I'm glad they're playing (NY would still be smoldering today if both the MFYs and mets didn't qualify).

I just don't see their pitching staff stacking up with the Indians. No one - that's right NO ONE - has ever slugged themselves to a WS title. Until such time, Clemens better be healthy, Pettite better be better than just good, and the Moose has to be his best. Nice pen, but w/out a lead their strongest suit is neutralized.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
who doesn't like Derek Peter :ermm:

oh yeah, and congrats to the Boston Yuck-Sox on such a fine showing last night in the playoffs :laugh:

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Don't Be a Hater!

who doesn't like Derek Peter :ermm:

oh yeah, and congrats to the Boston Yuck-Sox on such a fine showing last night in the playoffs :laugh:

Yep, My Bo-Sox did a great job last night shutting out the Angels. I am feeling good about our chances of advancing in the play-offs.

For folks like Bob, Cleef and Kyle who are very jealous - See the message below ;) ....

NoHate.jpg

Sep 19, 2005
hey its good baseball!!!!

I didnt see a lot of the game, but I saw the guy who got 2 hits for the angels VG are his initials. they were saying what a great contact hitter he is and on that at bat he struck out chasing at least two super nasty curves becket served up....nasty curves!!!!!

BUT Becket cant pitch every game.

side note: I dont know what it is, but I like something about Manny, even though he acts aloof , and doofus like a lot. ha ha ha

bob

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Gut feeling

Cleef - you didn't answer the question in my last post - why don't you like Jeter?
Just a gut feeling I get about certain people, and those are very few-and-far-between.

He loves the camera. He reminds me of someone who is doing his best to show off for his friends at home; a grandstander. (There's no sense in debating me on this, I'm simply answering a question on my opinion, I'm not saying I'm right about him, I simply don't like him).

Rational? Real? Not really, but it's just a gut feeling - I can't stand the guy. I've actually met him, sat with him and broke bread with him, but it wasn't enough to overwhelm my own psychosis.

Is he a great player? Of course. I think he should have been MVP last year.

Just one of those things. If he was wearing a Saaawx uniform, I'd get over myself pretty quick, but as an MFY, and the camera hawking style, I loathe him (and really don't like him in clutch situations, he's tremendous).

MeRod is a bush leaguer through and through, that's why very few people like him, or better, many people enjoy "hating" him.

About the only thing I like about Jeter is that he cant stand MeRod either.