Congrats Boston Red Sox on AL East Win!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Let me make something clear...I am NOT jumping on the Red Sox bandwagon now that they've won or when they won the WS...I've been a fan for a long time...I'm just posting now because this forum became available...

suarezn...I totally agree with you on this:
If I was Joe Torre I wouldn't stay in NY even if they offered him to continue. Joe T. is one of the best managers in baseball and he should be able to get a job with another team in a NY minute and he shouldn't be putting up with George's comments out in the open to the media like he did. George S. is a major prick and he deserves to spend all that money and still lose.

As a matter of fact, I told my husband last night as we were watching his press conference, that if I were JT, I would tell GS to go F*** himself, keep his millions and QUIT before he has a chance to fire me!!!!

ANY OTHER TEAM would be lucky and proud to have this man...

Ok, so now I don't know who to cheer for...I love the Sox...but I feel bad for the Indians ever since we took their WS in '97!!! ;) (Marlins)...

And they haven't won in almost 60 years also...so I think it might be their time...TRIBE TIME!!!

My hubby and I are gonna end up in a quarrel this weekend watching the games...

So far I have the Rockies over Arizona...

But I'm VERY undecided on the other team... :(

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Next Year

I guess my Yankees tried but to no avail.

Not being a sore loser, I wish the Red Sox luck against the Indians.

It should be a very good series.

Dakra/Musicqueen: your intense loyalty to the Red Sox might have rubbed off a good omen for the Soxs to take it all.

Buena Suerte amigos.;)

ANY OTHER TEAM would be lucky and proud to have this man...:(

As a life long Yankee fan, I, for one, do feel lucky and proud to have Joe Torre as the manager. He is a great manager and great man - class all the way.

George Steinbrenner, on the other hand, is another matter. I disliked him when he bought the team, and that opinion hasn't changed, but rather has strengthened through the years. His outbursts and micro-managing of the team, have been embarrassing more times than I can remember.

I agree that Joe Torre should retire, or go elsewhere, if that is what he wants to do. This is only my 2 cents, but after things have settled down, I wouldn't be surprised if George decides to "keep Joe on" for another year. As everyone knows, George is famous for saying stupid things, and even he knows how much Yankee fans love and respect Joe T.

Also, I'm not quite sure how it's Joe's fault that Wang had an ERA over 19 in the ALDS, but hey, if George is looking for a scapegoat, it's probably going to be Joe or possibly Brian Cashman.

Either way, I am not hanging my head today. For me, with the turnaround the Yankees made this season, I thought that all in all it was a great season. As everyone knows, the Yankees have lots of offense, but their pitching has been a problem for years, and continues to be so. It's time for Clemens to retire (for the last time - sheesh!) and also Mussina, and Carl Pavano - please - let's get rid of him once and for all -ayyyy - he's the Yankee's latest Don Gullett.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Let me clarify for the record....

I am not a Moderator (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express) - I live in Rhode Island (28 miles from Fenway Park) and have for all of my life so I have Red Sox blood. I must say that I have had the Red Sox fever for only about 15 years.

I am PROUD of the way the Yanks have played the 2nd half of the season. They are one HECK of a team. The are LOADED with talent and are always going to be a tough team to beat. - With this, I congratulate the Yanks for a fine job for getting this far. It ain't easy to make ALL the WAY...

The Clevland Indians were tough and they were not going to go down without a fight. They came out on top and deserve the praise!

As for Joe T., I agree 100% with my friend Musicqueen. He should be able to grab a postion with ANY team in MLB. As many of you know, he does not have a contract yet for next year and beyond. He should just call a quick no-notice Press Confernce and announce that he is leaving the Yanks and it is all becasue of Mr. GS. - - - Hopefully Joe T. will grab a gig coaching like the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and get them to finish the year in the #3 or #2 postion or better. That would be awesome.

As for the next round, of course I will be routing for my Sox to take it all.....

Ok, Now finally, the Yanks have some AWESOME Players that I would love to grab for my own for 2008. I would like to grab A-Rod, Robinson Canoe and possibly Posada. -

Ok - Thanks for letting me have my moment. - - -Contrats Indians and Sox - and Nice Job to the Yanks!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
Really Classy!

I guess my Yankees tried but to no avail.

Not being a sore loser, I wish the Red Sox luck against the Indians.

It should be a very good series.

Dakra/Musicqueen: your intense loyalty to the Red Sox might have rubbed off a good omen for the Soxs to take it all.

Buena Suerte amigos.;)

Thanks so much bronxboy! -Really Classy of you....

BTW:

I need to share with you some of my coworkers comments today at the office:

1) "The Yanks lost because Cleveland let loose a swarm of bugs on us"
2) "We lost becuase of 3 bad calls by the umpires"
3) "Cleveland really wanted to play the Sox"

and from the others who had other opinions:

1) "Yankee Grief Counsleors are available in the Lunch Room"
2) "How much did they pay Roger per pitch before his Groin went out?"
3) "Both Cashman and Torre" are going to hit the unemployment lines"

Again, this is just talk from around the office.....

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
As for Joe T., I agree 100% with my friend Musicqueen

I'm quoting you on this...'cause I'm going to Boston again next year in the spring...and WILL EXPECT you to hook me up with a couple of tix to a Sox game!!! ;)

Not free, I'll pay for them...but I need some connections!!!! :cheeky:

Thanks, Dakra...my friend!!!! :):):)

And yes, bronxboy...VERY CLASSY!!!

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
tooooooo funny!

You are too funny Musicqueen, but you can count on my help..... give me as much notice as you can and I'll come through for you. :bunny:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i really believe the winner of the AL will be the WS champs. i also believed in Boston/New York doing it. so Boston may have the nod.

who likes Cleveland ? :ermm:

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Joe Torre is a class guy. No doubt about it. But Joe Torre is not a great manager. Joe Torre will probably go to the Hall of Fame as a manager because he managed the Yankees. The best team that money can buy. Does anyone know what Joe Torre's record as a manager was before he came to the Yankees. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but I know it was a losing record. Joe Torre's record just hit the break even mark a couple of years ago.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I do, I do...they have been waiting for almost 60 years...they have some very good players...I like Sizemore, and that pitcher...is it Perez? He looks like the indian on his cap!!! ;), Carmona, Sabathia, Martinez, Cabrera, Peralta...the whole roster is good!!!!
Blake, Haffner, Garko, Gutierrez, Lofton...I like them all!!!

But I do LOVE them Red Sox!!!! It's gonna be a battle at our house...Big Papi, Manny and the rest of the gang...decisions, decisions... ;) :(

Don't worry Dakra...I'll let you know come Spring Training when we're flying up there again!!! ;) Like I said before, if it wasn't for the cold and the snow...I would LOVE to move to Boston!!!!! :):):)

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Torre's eventual exit.

As a fan of the MFY's biggest rival, I'd be somewhat tickled to see Joe Torre leave, for competitive reasons only.

Keep in mind, Torre isn't likely to ever leave on his own terms, the MFY job doesn't work that way. Steinbrenner has been down this road so many times, it's simply how the guy operates. He wants to be significant perhaps.

I'm sure cooler heads will again win out - Cashman talked the Boss out of terminating Torre last year, and I'd like to believe it will happen again.

They have some youth coming up, they're by no means a rebuilding team, and they have oodles of dough. They'll be fine, and I can't imagine any manager doing a better job than Joe and his exemplary staff.

The best thing they could do is let MeRod leave. He's not cut out for NY, I think that point has been made very clear.

If Torre and Posada leave, they're going to need some miracles.