100% Dominican, no Venus blood here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
Colon Cancer

Colon Cancer

you would be surprise what I know about merengue, but I don't need to explain myself to you, your a bum, and I doubt your even qualified to tell me how things are in DR, but if I need to know where to best hookers are, I will give you a call.

and what I mean by corner stone of a country, I mean, the music is in the blood of the people, from old to young they listen to the same music style, no matter if your rich or poor, black or white.

gangster rap does not qualify, nor American country music, nor rhythm and blues, etc etc. They all target different markets in America. True certain music crosses over into mainstream, but I don't see too many red necks listening to gangster rap and not too many gangsters listening to Hank Williams Jr. unless there watching the opening of Monday night Football.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Crystal K...the whiter you are, the more opportunities are open to you....thats true everywhere, especially in the DR...however, it doesn't matter as much to us DR colored folk....we still love life!!!

joescholar...what is the point you are trying to make? your posts on this thread are somewhat incongruous...

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
mondongo

if your talking about the sparing between Colon and myself,
there is nothing to understand.

Other than that, can you be specific.

I guess we were talking about color and why the models are fair skin to white and so on. But to be a model there is a universal standard of how you should look and we all know what that is.

Then the argument I believe was, color plays a part in DR. My argument was Economics plays a stronger role, and so on and so on. Then I mentioned how many merengue singers praises the darker skin woman in song, than someone said....well all the merengue singers are of darker complexion thats why.
You can read the rest.

Let me conclude and say that the people in DR come in so many different colors and most of the people there are of mixed races. It just does not make since for the people in DR to play the color game that has poisoned and continues to poison America. I also believe that for most Dominicans thats not the case, its that small group and maybe elite group that find it important and dwell upon it. But I also believe that all the countries that has been colonized has been poisoned when dealing with color and thats unfortunate and DR is not removed from that poison.

I hope I made myself clear.

ciao.

Billy Bob Redma

Jul 18, 2002
Yes Joe you have made yourself clear! Clear as MUD...

..as my mother used to say!Anyone who claims to be educated,should know when to use "you are", and not "your".Women is plural,not women.Then is not than,since is not sense,has been is not have been,praises is not praise,skin is not skinned,plays is not play,and if you have a "Masters Degree" it must be in Baiting!.....What is the Universal Standard for models ?I would like to know. One's"Color" is 10 times more important in the Dominican Republic than one's economic status.I never saw anyone denied entrance to a trendy Disco on C/Lincoln because they were too poor.The owner of "Vesuvios" never asked a friend of mine, whose taste runs to very black women, not to bring them to his restaurant because they were too poor!Wake up and smell the Cafe Santo Domingo Joey!Billy Bob

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
hate to agree with billy bob

My wife is according to her is, indio clara. She is to me quite dark, but that up here in Nordic country. In the DR she is considered light skinned( white). Race is unimportant to most Dominicans I've met ( 2-3000) but colour is something most are quite aware of and most consider it( light skin) an important part of beauty, along with good hair..etc.
Money makes you whiter, that all.

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
Billy If I need an english teacher, I'll let you know.

It only shows you have have no argument if you are dwelling on my writing. I didn't know that the only advanced degree you could earn was a Masters in "Satisfying a Bunch of Spelling Snobs". I'm surprised how offended you all are on what username I use. Give me a freakin break. You people are nuts.

Plus I type pretty fast without looking over what I wrote and I just hit send. its a bad habit of mine, but I'm always in a rush and on the go.

The poison of color is in the blood of the gringo and it will never die even in DR, only they find it important in life and pass it on to other people.

Hmmmm lets see, what do all the models have in common. No Billy I'll leave that up to you. I have to go buy some "bait" I have to put that degree to use.

maybe color is important in order to get into a Disco club, and they probably do the "Paper Bag" test also. But I can say that getting into a nice game of dominoes and sitting and chatting with the locals, color is no issue, and nobody is getting kicked out of the cabs crammed with 6 people because of their color. I'll leave all the snobish behavior to that so called elite or want to be elite.

But letting the States be the benchmark, I would say it is less of an issue, but it does exist, I'll give you that.

But can you people stick to the issue and stop making attacks. Can you at least do that. You guys must be old farts advancing in age, because only people like that behave in that manner.

If you disagree with me, fine but is all the bashing necessary. I'm starting to wonder what level of education or home training some of you have with your bashing and attacks, My God.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Age related snobism

Your comments about age show your youth and lack of maturity. You are well educated, although education and intelligence do not always go hand in hand. Why are you blaming gringos for the attitude displayed by Dominicans, Mexicans...etc. Perhaps you can define your definition of gringo.
I myself find beauty in women of all colours and races. I have my own standards, for example most fashion models are not beautiful to me, but many certainly are. A great smile and great ass combined work for me.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
wow...what a great dinner!!

slow cooked some ribs..with plenty of seasonings...for maybe 3 hours....last hour I added some green platanos....last 10 minutes added some vadilla onions and large green pepper...man-o-man that was good...this time I did not add maple syrup to the ribs...lord SAVE ME!...this is what life is all about...wait....I can think of something better...it involves Miss Moca, a platano,olive oil,...(mondongo now drifts into a daydream.......)

joescholar...I think you are wrong in two counts...first..economics vs color....color wins hands down...even in the USA, where people try harder to be understanding and polite..take it from a colored man who has acheived a modicum of economic sucess..secondly, most dominicans are very aware that white=might!!...this does not suggest that we like it or condone it...

BillY Bob...what kind o' ribs you think are best? Tennesee?Arkansas?Texas?..

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sweet and tender

louisiana ribs- tender meat close to the bone, spicy and dark with a hint of exotic sweetness. Slowly cooked until they melt in your mouth.
I noticed that the last Miss DR was quite dark. , so maybe lots of lighter girls enter but the best regardless of colour win in the end.

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
I agree Bob

I never found an attraction for very thin woman. In the face they are very beautiful and great boobs(if they are natural) but other than that not much there for me.

I have a greater attraction for shorter woman, but you wont see them in any Ms Whatever.

I do not want to go into history and explain why people of color believe being lighter to white is better. If you studied history, I'm pretty sure you understand why people think that why. That discussion is talked extensively in the States between Black and White scholars and non scholars alike. You have to determine which do you believe. I do believe that in general people of color believe one way and whites believe another on that specific topic. So the argument never ends. It's like arguing about Politics and Religion.

Mondongo

no one should believe any color is might, it just happens whites have and upper hand currently, economically speaking. This world has been through many changes and all races had their moment in the sun. But if you believe one race is better than you simply because they have more money, you lost the battle before you started. And when you look at how some of these methods of achieving this great wealth was acheived then I would again question is that the might you strive to achieve. I would say no, many would say yes because money and wealth is the forefront of their life and people worship those who have it.

There are other things that give people value and might besides wealth. Love and respect of nature....respect for others......etc. Any race who puts those in the forefront I would say has might.

caio

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
joesqualor..."But can you people stick to the issue and stop making attacks. Can you at least do that. You guys must be old farts advancing in age, because only people like that behave in that manner. "

You are so silly, attacking people in the same paragraph you ask if others can stop attacking.

One question I have for you, is the reason you like shorter women that you stand 5'2" tall? Just curious little guy.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Chill out guys

Ok, we have changed the original issue into color thing and then to cooking steamy prime ribs to calling each other old farts.
To get to the original subject:
One thing we all (men) agree on is that these girls are simply irresistible.
So what we should have been asking is: where do you find these girls?
Ok guys, here is AZB's scoop:
Yesterday I had decided to go upward (mountains) rather than northward (sosua beach). The reason being, I was met up with a beautiful group of young girls in sosua beach last Sunday. They were all so cute, slim and very friendly; so happens, they were all from Jarabacoa.
Ummm, that made AZB's head spin to a different direction. All this time, I was living in Santiago but only thought of going to the beach when I had a secret, hidden treasure so near by.
Well, I have been to Jarabacoa (before) but only with a group of drunk Dominican guys. All they ever did was drink themselves to death and then eat like pigs, only to make an ass out of themselves. So naturally, this time, I decided to take along a docile looking guy whom was more of under my control. We started out the afternoon in Vista del yaque river. It was a neat looking bathing site but full of loud music and a million chopos from all over. We quickly retreated to another location. We went to a waterfall but the amount of walking took a tool on AZB's legs. Therefore I took the situation under control and drove off to the central park (or parque duarte), whatever its called but there is only one park in the middle of city square.
On Sundays, this place come to life. Loud music and people come out of their houses and party or simply walk around.
One thing for sure, I had never seen so many beautiful slim, model-like girls grouped in one location. Contrary to one's thinking, they are extremely friendly and easy to talk to.
After a few more beers, the beautiful girls had seemed to have doubled in number.
Guys, you just won't believe your eyes. These babes were neck twisters. You just don't know where or whom to look. I felt like a kid in a candy shop.
To make the long story short, I started a conversation with a cute young girl with a perfect 10 body. She was very friendly and immensely interested in visiting Santiago. So what does AZB does naturally? Yes, he invites her to take a visit to beautiful Santiago.
Yes, you all have guessed it. AZB woke up with very satisfying smile this morning.
So guys, stop bickering and insulting each other. Go to Jarabacoa and find your Miss. DR. They are all waiting for you.
Good luck.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Don't flatter yourself "joey"!

Your "content" is worse than your "English"! I am starting to "like" Bob.He is one of the few who actually understands the Dominican "mindset" reguarding color,and race! Race is not important,color is!I once told my wife I was going to look for a house in "Villa Mella","Not There",she said,"Thats where all the "Black" people live!" My wife is at "least" dark brown!Yet she considers herself to be "morenita clara"! "Hey",she is perfect to me!"Joey" help us out here,we can't read your mind.First you say that there is a "standard" for Models that we all know,so you won't say what that standard is.Next you say that there is a "Historical" reason why "People of Color",think that "Lighter to White is better",so you won't say why,what the hell are you talking about?We are adults here,of "All Colors"! Many of us with "spouses" of a different race,creed,and color.We have children of "Mixed Race",I prefer,"Hybred Vigor"!So don't hold back,we can take it! You wan't to "Discuss",lets talk "Races,Race Relations,Pride & Prejudice",all in relation to the Dominican Republic of Course.I know that you will not respond to my two questions,as that has been your "format" on DR1 up to this time.You make an ambiguos statement,say we all must "know" what you mean,and when questioned you ignorore us!That there are people on God's Earth of "Differences" is nothing to be ashamed to talk about.These differences need to be examined,so they don't appear so "strange",and then shared,and celebrated!Don't play word games.What are you hiding?CRISCO........Note to "Mondongo","Bob" is writing euphamistically about "Lucious Ladies of Lots of "Sugah" and Spice",and not really about "Ribs"! It is supposed to make us hungry,but not for Bar-b-que!Maybe some "Pulled Pork" would satisfy "Joey"!(Note to ALL.Its all in the lighting!) "PIB"said it, but no one "got" it! Pleanty of the girls are dark complected.You just can't tell from all the bright lights! This "Color of Miss DR" issue is a "Tempest In A Teapot"!As was pointed out,the last "Miss DR" was "To Die For"!,and nice and "DARK!CRISCO

Simple answer

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Different strokes for different folks.
cart204.gif

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
AZB - you are right

Jarabacoa has some beautiful woman. Of course I had to do the eyeball movement or my wife would have pulled my neck out of my socket.

Colon Cancer

I'll keep it toned down for now.

Ciao for now.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB's opinion

I doubt if it?s about color as much as you guys make it out to be. For example if Miss. Moca were to be a bit more darker but still retained her fine facial features (not to mention her fine tall, slim figure), she would still be just as desirable and the men would still consider her over an average looking ?rubia? (blond). Its not the color that matters so much, its the African features that Dominicans tend to distant themselves from.
Like I have said earlier, I don't really care much for white, rubia type girls, I have had them plenty in my lifetime. What I really like is a fine facial featured (pointy nose and big black / brown eyes) type slim curvy female. What we call is the indian or "india". Example would be Miss. Moca; even a bit more darker, she would be OK.
I have had a girlfriend who was a knockout but she also happened to be a black girl. She, however, had more of indian features but a jet black skin. Her skin was smooth and she was tall and well built. She turned heads everywhere she went with me. I don't think guys would have preferred a blond over her no matter how picky or racist they would be. In simple words, beauty has no color.
It?s when you find a woman who has african features that?s when dominicans tend to look the other way. She could be white but if she has african fat lips and kinky hair, not to mention a fat nose with typical african cranium, she will be considered unattractive among Dominicans.
Notice, the white Dominicans are not attractive because they are white. They are attractive because they have the latin fire inside them. When they dance they put the dance floor on fire. Their way of talking dressing and simply the way they carry themselves in the utmost feminine way is what?s appealing to the majority of men. Being simply white is not all what we look for in a woman. A latina is simply too feminine and is considered a real woman in my opinion.
Have a nice day.

joescholar

Jul 15, 2002
AZB good post

When I was single, it just didnt matter what color she was. They're all the same color in the dark. I find all colors and races beautiful. I like the full lips and hips of a Black woman and their natural facial beauty, the exotic eyes of the middle and Far East, the breast and creamy complexion of the white woman, and the fiery spice of the latin woman. You name it, and I like it. There are more examples but I'll leave it at that.

I'm just not into Tall, boney woman, with a lot of makeup and fake breast. She also can't be too drop dead gorgeous. I can allow for exceptible flaws.

Janice Again

Jul 18, 2002
I hope you guys don't run out of desperate women, from your intellect and personality I doubt any woman that thinks for herself would be interested

Janice

Status
Not open for further replies.