200 peso - 119 peso = 1881 peso ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
Asking here in the forum repeatedly for favors / help and now this dishonest behavior to a girl that probably does not make more than 8,000 pesos a month shows me a lot about the OP.

in a way it does, in a way not..

just two example i would like to share and the others i really don't feel like to share cos i'm not trying to restore my credit now.

1) the shoe pollishing guy, the first time i needed him i really didn't know the price and in the end he told me 10 peso! i was like 10 peso??? it is far from a good deed but he left with 50 because 10 was just stupid cheap!

2) i'm also that guy who whenever i can buy these young boys who sleep on the streets in el conde a pica polla grande with drink and sometimes at night when i bought too much food than i could eat i look for them or the next hungry man.

with this being said, it's to make you guys understand that of only the couple of posts i share you would never know it all. the 2 examples don't mean too much for my pockets (besides last week) and it puts a smile on my face that i was and now again am able to do so.

and i still would do the thing in la sirena, jumbo, shell or whatever big company and i would never do it do the little guy.

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Everything in life has a price, everything!
Law of life: you pay for your mistakes!
There's a good possibility I had done the same if I had a cashier who preferred to yap with her co-workers than paying attention to me, a customer.
The other possibility, I might have also "reprimanded" her for her stupidity and unprofessional behavior but that might only make me feel better while it wouldn't register in her brain. :ermm:
If the cashier would make a mistake while working "normal" off course I'd given her the money back.
My philosophy is that I always had to pay for my mistakes so why shouldn't anybody else have to do the same thing no matter whether they make Rd9000 p/m or Rd900.000?

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
This story is ODD!!! because I just returned back from DR on a 4 day break and I exchanged around 1500USD to pesos and I receive a lot of 2000RD notes. Like every other time when I am in DR with a bunch of 2000RD notes Dominicans are very good at checking to see if the money is real or fake and the same thing happens in Costa Rica with colones . If you give a LARGE bill to Ticos and Dominicans they will STOP whatever they are doing to check and see if the money is real or fake. I have NEVER had a Dominican checker at La Sirena , Jumbo, Supermercado Nacional etc take a 2000RD notes and not check to see if it is real NEVER!!!

Also US note like a 10 dollar bill can easily look like a 20 dollar bill if you are distracted but a 200RD note is like NIGHT and DAY from a 2000RD note. A Dominican can be VERY distracted and they can tell a 200RD note from a 2000RD note because they two look so different.

Not saying it didn't happen but her talking to her friend had NOTHING to do with her giving you the wrong amount of change.

this story is odd, i know, that is why i share it!

everybody here can tell how rude people are here, this girl has sooo much fun talking and didn't pay me any attention but in return she paid me too much.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
nice one, the thing one should understand that at the end of the day la sirena has to cover the cost, not her.

i mean if this happened to the guy who was selling me apples or bananas i wouldn't go for it because he's on his own.

and like the post of cc, they wouldn't tell you neither..

on what authority do you have it that La Sirena will cover the cost? if that was the case, don't you think several registers would come up short on a regular basis?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
this story is odd, i know, that is why i share it!

everybody here can tell how rude people are here, this girl has sooo much fun talking and didn't pay me any attention but in return she paid me too much.

The reason why I say it was odd because of how you told it. Example if I go anywhere in DR and pick something up that cost around 120RD and walk to the checker and place a 2000RD note on the counter they will always ask if I have anything smaller or look at me sideways because I am about to take all their change.

You hang around in the Colonial Zone right???? How many businesses in the Zone have change for a large bill??? One of the biggest pain in the neck in DR is NOBODY ever have change and the ones that do have change hate to give their change up.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The reason why I say it was odd because of how you told it. Example if I go anywhere in DR and pick something up that cost around 120RD and walk to the checker and place a 2000RD note on the counter they will always ask if I have anything smaller or look at me sideways because I am about to take all their change.

You hang around in the Colonial Zone right???? How many businesses in the Zone have change for a large bill??? One of the biggest pain in the neck in DR is NOBODY ever have change and the ones that do have change hate to give their change up.

i feel you, JMB, but this is La Sirena, not a motoconcho. they have change.

by the way, OP, technically speaking, what you did is tantamount to stealing. you took something which did not belong to you without intent to return it.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
nice one, the thing one should understand that at the end of the day la sirena has to cover the cost, not her.

i mean if this happened to the guy who was selling me apples or bananas i wouldn't go for it because he's on his own.

and like the post of cc, they wouldn't tell you neither..

No, it's her who has to cover it.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
on what authority do you have it that La Sirena will cover the cost? if that was the case, don't you think several registers would come up short on a regular basis?
I agree.
It won't be covered by company. All cash handling work is like that In US and I can imagine dr is the same way. Unless somebody rob the whole store at gun point and males lot of noise, it will be person who was handling that register will be responsible for missing amount.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
A different subject, but what would you do as a cashier when you have a cash surplus. In some businesses you'll have to balance blindly so you won't know if you have a surplus or a shortage until the manager tells you, but in those cases that you can review your own sales, would you keep the surplus?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dominicanally Speaking

....by the way, OP, technically speaking, what you did is tantamount to stealing. you took something which did not belong to you without intent to return it.

Yes, but this is the DR. :alien:

And 'dominicanally' speaking, the cashier girl forced the money on poor toriemannetje... :laugh:

Any Dominican judge would agree (if toriemannetje was Dominican, of course).... :rolleyes:

donP

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
A different subject, but what would you do as a cashier when you have a cash surplus. In some businesses you'll have to balance blindly so you won't know if you have a surplus or a shortage until the manager tells you, but in those cases that you can review your own sales, would you keep the surplus?

In surplus case I was told that they could keep the money. Bigger the company they don't want plus or minus.

Edit : then again I heard all this from a friend who used to work at supermarket chain in us. But some times i heard manager will be on ass about it.

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
Call me an old cynic but.....That poor girl was probably very confused as to why she only had a couple of hundred surplus at the end of the day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.