200 peso - 119 peso = 1881 peso ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
And there we are, after all these years, I didn't even know there was a two thou' peso note.
I don't even like the grands (in dim light and with much Presidente on board,
they might resemble a 100).

wbr

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Has anyone asked the important question. ..is she cute?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
1. the cashier always pays the minus difference from own pocket. la sirena, colmado, no matter.
2. the difference in plus may be kept by the company and used to balance the losses: the stock that was missing, damaged and so on. generally it's not good to have a plus because that means the cashier makes mistakes.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
My mother always taught me that ill gotten gains will never bring you happiness.

You are a thief. It's as simple a that.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
i had a question, when paying 200 peso for something that costs 119 peso are you supposed to get 1881 peso back???

well, it happened today to me in la sirena, girl had the time of her life talking to her co-workers, she made me think i was bothering her.

i gave her the 200 bill, i was minding my bb and then she wrote that i gave 2000 and man..

but what would you do?

a) keep the money also like i did

b) let her know that she made a mistake and be honest

I usually return the money or whatever extra stuff I got.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It's happened to me a lot of times, in all kinds of stores, and even in banks. My Banco Popular tellers have given me too much on at least 3 occasions. I couldn't imagine not returning it if they give me too much.

That's why I count my change when I receive it, and make sure the cashier is attentive to the bill I'm giving them.

Maybe I've been here too long, which is why I also ask what something costs before I order it.

I guess I was raised the old fashioned way, to be honest.

how can you sleep at night knowing you just stole that kind of money from a cashier?

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
What you do when nobody is looking is what defines you. Karma is a bitch. Reminds me of my ex wife. We have 50k in the bank and she would ripoff waitresses who would forget to charge us for an item or would give us too much change, etc etc. you should return the money. It doesnt matter what anybody else would do as far as not returning the money to you.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Gorgon, Unless I have misread JDJones' quote he said,
Mack.

the question was rhetorical. it was not addressed to JD, whose character has never been in doubt in these quarters. maybe i should have asked; "how can one sleep at night".

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You have to realize and this is true in the US also, you are dealing with many people who can only count if the register tells them the amount. Costly error for the checkout girl. Although, I would have given the money back. God could care less.

LTSteve

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I wouldn't be able to sleep if I stole anything from anybody. My parents would turn over in their grave as well.

stealing from anyone is a crime in itself, but from people who are desperately poor? what kind of socialization creates people like these? i always thought it is reflexive to give back the overage to a cashier. some of these women look nice and spiffy in the company uniforms, but follow them home after work and you would be surprised to find that some live in an old broken down lean-to house, and fetch water in gallon jugs. not my idea of people who should be victimized.

don't spend it all in one place, OP.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
On the other hand.. to return the money .. in this case.. where the clerk was NOT paying attention, was talking to the other clearks and ignoring the client, is simply enabling bad behavior, no?

I, too, have returned money and made sure that items were checked through and all that stuff. But I have also never been ignored by clerks quite the same way as I have here. Sometimes, I have been in shops where they have stayed on the phone the entire time. Or stayed talking to one another in the aisle as I frantically waved my hands for help......

And, then, of course, I have had just the opposite kind of service, where the clerks were the most helpful in the world.

But the OP clearly posted that this clerk was not doing her job, was not paying attention to him and chatting with others.

So best she learn her lesson and let someone who WANTS to work have the job.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I had something similar in a restaurant. We know service in most places here are slowwwww, but this time it almost cost the waiter money.

I asked the waiter for my check and after waiting for a long time, I walked to the cashier to pay and she told me I already paid.I told her no I didn't. The waiter came over and said the same thing. I actually had to go back and forth with them until they realized I had not paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.