A thread for women to speak their mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
What Anna forgot to add and lesley didn't seem to notice.....

Anna Coniglio said:
Lesley you seem like an intelligent person so let me ask you this. Would you/have you ever posted on a public message board something you need to know about your boyfriend/husband. Have you read some of these questions?

Please keep in mind that in the past we have discovered many too many people that are bored at work change their username and start a silly threads just for fun. Believe me we have many sock puppet.

We had one women from England last year that was out of control and even changed her name to make herself sound Canadian just to find out in about 8 different threads and many other message boards who was sleeping with her sankie.

So men read this for years and years that we've been here and think " just how silly are you women" ?

Get it yet? Hang around and you will.

I have one more comment and I'm out of here.

If a person wants respect they have to command not demand it.

.....is that Scuba wasn't asking for advice or approval. He knew exactly what he'd done, what the future might hold and added that the "service" he had received was better than average and he just might be generous enough to send a few dollars (which was NOT requested) to help make the persons' life a little better in a third world country where the economy sucks!!

Got it yet??

I'm with Escott.........these bleeding hearts looking for someone to validate their life deserve exactly what they get!

When the man I'd lost my heart to went back to his own country I was devastated but didn't whine about it to everyone and anyone. I licked my wounds in private.....held my head up and carried on (lucky for me it WAS true love and he came back to Canada to marry me!! :cheeky: And he knew I didn't have any money to send him and he didn't need a ticket off an island ).

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Anna,

Thanks for the compliment. Don't get me wrong I can see from the threads as well that some of the women are setting themselves up for some harsh treatment based on the questions they ask and maybe they deserve it but sometimes I find that it really gets out of control. And no I would not resort to a public forum to ask about my significant other. Let's not even go down that road but the threads are rough sometimes. However, if women are changing their names and starting threads for fun then they deserve the blow they get. I totally agree. Like you said I will keep reading and as well maybe others will give their input.

Hasta luego,

LDG

Anna Coniglio said:
Lesley you seem like an intelligent person so let me ask you this. Would you/have you ever posted on a public message board something you need to know about your boyfriend/husband. Have you read some of these questions?

Please keep in mind that in the past we have discovered many too many people that are bored at work change their username and start a silly threads just for fun. Believe me we have many sock puppet.

We had one women from England last year that was out of control and even changed her name to make herself sound Canadian just to find out in about 8 different threads and many other message boards who was sleeping with her sankie.

So men read this for years and years that we've been here and think " just how silly are you women" ?

Get it yet? Hang around and you will.

I have one more comment and I'm out of here.

If a person wants respect they have to command not demand it.

Last edited:

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Lesley D said:
Cleary the world is not rid of the double standard.
Perhaps this is not a case of double standards. When men come here and have sexual relations with the local girls, it's usually a clear cut deal. So much sex for so much money.
On the other hand, the sankies who scam women visitors, have a less than honest approach. They will tell you how much they love you and bleed your money from you with a wide assortment of BS stories from needing money for their sick grandmother to having to get their jewelery out of the pawn shop.
It seems to me that these are 2 completely different scenarios and cannot be compared nor labeled as a double standard.
One is a clear cut contract, while the other one is a scam.
I imagine that some of the DR1 members get a bit tired of hearing the same story over and over and can't quite believe that so many women would be so gullible as to fall for the scam.
Marco.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Good Lord

That's not what this thread is about. Lesley wants to know why women are treated differently than men when posting a story in this forum.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
What Rocky said....

Also, the few guys that do come on here posting stories of sending money via western union and the like get just as much abuse as the sankie chasers do. I think Lesley just wants to hear herself complain. She has whined the same thing over and over throughout the thread. Leslie, how is this double standard you are imagining affecting YOU? And what are you trying to accomplish by complaining about it?

Larry

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Good Lord

That's not what this thread is about. Lesley wants to know why women are treated differently than men when posting a story in this forum.

The point is that women don't seem to learn from their mistakes. They continue to try and justify poor decisions. Why not call it what it is, paying for a person to scratch the itch.
Let me make this analogy. A person works a job and in return expects to be paid. A sankie makes promises and tells lies. Liken that to working a job in which the boss makes certain promises of conditions and money but fails to deliver and then you realize that all was a lie. Would a man work for an employer that misstated the truth? No, but women seem to continue on thinking he's different.
Perhaps a 12 step program would be advantageous.
At least realize that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is pure folly.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Maybe we should have a 12 step program on reading before posting.

That's NOT what this thread is about. What's the point :rolleyes:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Listen, let me make 2 things very clear:

* I am NOT whining as you state. I made a clear statement and responded to some of the posters. That is not whining. If you don't want to read don't read it. It is simple as that.

* Why does something have to affect me in order for me to address it?

Clearly you don't understand the theme of the thread. Can you go back and read it before you insinuate. It's obvious to me you did not read the theme of the thread because it is not about "double standards".

And I won't repsond to you again unless you show that can read and understand.

Larry said:
What Rocky said....

Also, the few guys that do come on here posting stories of sending money via western union and the like get just as much abuse as the sankie chasers do. I think Lesley just wants to hear herself complain. She has whined the same thing over and over throughout the thread. Leslie, how is this double standard you are imagining affecting YOU? And what are you trying to accomplish by complaining about it?

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Lesley D said:
This is the tamest thread I have seen in a while on this subject matter in months. Is this because this a male telling of his experience with a prostitute rather than a woman? Read carefully: I am not trying to stir the pot= NO QUIERO ECHAR LENA AL FUEGO but I must say if a woman had initiated this thread all the insults, remarks, and defamation of foreign women ie. American, Canadian and European would have been the flavor of the thread. Now I have enjoyed reading the responses don't get me wrong but it angers me and depresses me at the same time that the females who tell their "sanktified" stories don't get the same respect.

Like I said this is just an observation. One which I am sure many have already made. However, ME MOLESTA Y ME ENTRISTECE, that a woman who tells the same story ends up being frustrated, insulted and disrespected. Cleary the world is not rid of the double standard.

Just had to vent!

OK. I will show you that I can read and understand. This is your OP in the thread. Read the last sentence. Did I understand it correctly? How is the theme not about double standards? You keep reiterating the same thing over and over again in the thread. Thats why I said you sound like you are whining. I think several people gave you very good responses and explainations.

Larry

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Maybe we should have a 12 step program on reading before posting.

That's NOT what this thread is about. What's the point :rolleyes:

I like self improvement, please begin a program of however many steps on reading before posting.

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Yes, that's the final conclusion of my statement/argument but did you read the beginning? This thread is about: the attitudes of men on this board towards women who post their "sanctified stories". I refer to the double standard based on the notable differences between the the treatment of men towards women vs. women towards men (per se) on the board. (It can't be any clearer). Also this thread originated in another thread as referenced, you should go back and read it fully before you make your remarks.

You say I am whining but it's people like you who force me to repeat myself "miles de veces" because you read and jump to conclusions rather than read all aspects of thread.

Larry said:
OK. I will show you that I can read and understand. This is your OP in the thread. Read the last sentence. Did I understand it correctly? How is the theme not about double standards? You keep reiterating the same thing over and over again in the thread. Thats why I said you sound like you are whining. I think several people gave you very good responses and explainations.

Larry

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Lesley D said:
Yes, that's the final conclusion of my statement/argument but did you read the beginning? This thread is about: the attitudes of men on this board towards women who post their "sanctified stories". I refer to the double standard based on the notable differences between the the treatment of men towards women vs. women towards men (per se) on the board. (It can't be any clearer). Also this thread originated in another thread as referenced, you should go back and read it fully before you make your remarks.

You say I am whining but it's people like you who force me to repeat myself "miles de veces" because you read and jump to conclusions rather than read all aspects of thread.

No. You do not have to repeat yourself. I believe I got the jist of your complaints way back in the beginning of the thread which i did read fully and before it was split. Now I will repeat MYSELF. I think you have gotten some good responses and explainations in the thread. OK?

Larry

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
As welll before Rocky's post you will notice I summarized my points on the issue. But just in case you did not notice the thread is open so people will give their opinion. If I can respond in some way I will if I can't somebody else will. I recognize people's responses have been good but I don't see why I have to stop responding to please you.

Larry said:

Larry

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
As stated by others already, some females here do post very silly questions about very personal decesions and serious problems. I guess they do not want to appear as lightheaded to the people around them or something, so why not ask a bunch of strangers?

Lesly, I understand your point. Sometimes women post a simple question or ask for advice and the first 2 or 3 posts are about how she is in love with a sankie. The first posts usually set the mood for the thread unless the mod (usually Anna) comes over and stops it. This is what happened with one poster some time ago wanting to move to DR with the boyfriend. Although the experience did not go well, all she was asking for was advice and she got so many offensive remarks that I'm surprised she came back to the board.

On the other hand, looking at one of the last threads about a man who found himself with a sankie-type woman, the only posts that seem to make him aware that he had been played were made by women - the men just told him to screw the sisters and neighbors!

I've tried to make the same point you started to make when Anna split the thread. Why not let the poster give more info that will show it is about a would-be sankie situation instead of all jumping into conclusion.

I know sankie-talk is very amusing and entertaining, but many times it just becomes a game of who can be the most offensive to the poster, and like Lesly said, most of these posters happen to be women.

Mis dos Cheles...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The jist of the message

Lesley D said:
Is this because this a male telling of his experience with a prostitute rather than a woman?

Lesley D said:
it angers me and depresses me at the same time that the females who tell their "sanktified" stories don't get the same respect.

Lesley D said:
However, ME MOLESTA Y ME ENTRISTECE, that a woman who tells the same story ends up being frustrated, insulted and disrespected. Cleary the world is not rid of the double standard.

These are some of your opening statements. How can you then say that this is not about double standards?
How can you say that we don't understand the jist of what you said.
I read English fairly well and your opening statements are complaining about the treatment women get with their sankies while men don't get as harsh a reaction to talkng about their prostitutes.
Now it's time you stop accusing us of not understanding what you said and start looking into yourself.
We understood clearly and explained to you why they were 2 distinct situations and couldn't be compared.
I appreciate controversy and varied opinions, but one has to be logical and you unquestionably opened this thread complaining about the treatment women get in this forum for dealing with sankies while men got off easy for going to prostitutes.
So I will repeat to you and ask you to read carefully this time.
They are not the same. One is a contract and the other a scam.
Are you able to see the difference?
Marco.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Toy guys are wasting your time

The woman is not here to listen to you or wants you to answer her question, she just wants you to listen to her complaint.
Lesley, I think the guys are trying to say is that most women who post sankie love affair questions are plain stupid broads. They have no logic and they are blinded by the scam artist. So let me say it in simple terms: these women are simply plain stupid. They always seem to think their man is different and avoid listening to the truth. We live here 24/7 and we have seen many of these bimbos come and go daily. You women must listen to us men, because we are superior in intelliegnce and we can guide you in the right direction. Hahahahaha, how about this for an answer?
Anyway, I hope you got what you were looking for. If you are still a little confused, send me a PM and I will explain to you all in AZB terms. Then you can go to drsol and post a tearfull complaint about me.
have a nice weekend, AZB

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
Rocky,

I read your response earlier. I have not responded to you because your point was taken. So please-dejame. I responded to Larry because I found his use of the words "whining and complaining" totally inappropiate.

Rocky said:
These are some of your opening statements. How can you then say that this is not about double standards?
How can you say that we don't understand the jist of what you said.
I read English fairly well and your opening statements are complaining about the treatment women get with their sankies while men don't get as harsh a reaction to talkng about their prostitutes.
Now it's time you stop accusing us of not understanding what you said and start looking into yourself.
We understood clearly and explained to you why they were 2 distinct situations and couldn't be compared.
I appreciate controversy and varied opinions, but one has to be logical and you unquestionably opened this thread complaining about the treatment women get in this forum for dealing with sankies while men got off easy for going to prostitutes.
So I will repeat to you and ask you to read carefully this time.
They are not the same. One is a contract and the other a scam.
Are you able to see the difference?
Marco.

Last edited:

Marianopolita

Dec 26, 2003
You understand....amazing

AZB,

Thanks- your answer corresponds to the topic so did Forbeca' s and Talldrink's. I understand your point totally.

Muy bien.

LDG.

AZB said:
The woman is not here to listen to you or wants you to answer her question, she just wants you to listen to her complaint.
Lesley, I think the guys are trying to say is that most women who post sankie love affair questions are plain stupid broads. They have no logic and they are blinded by the scam artist. So let me say it in simple terms: these women are simply plain stupid. They always seem to think their man is different and avoid listening to the truth. We live here 24/7 and we have seen many of these bimbos come and go daily. You women must listen to us men, because we are superior in intelliegnce and we can guide you in the right direction. Hahahahaha, how about this for an answer?
Anyway, I hope you got what you were looking for. If you are still a little confused, send me a PM and I will explain to you all in AZB terms. Then you can go to drsol and post a tearfull complaint about me.
have a nice weekend, AZB

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
my thoughts:

1]

i think these 2 recent threads, particularly the 2nd one show the double standard in responses that LesleyD was referring to. there is an amazing lack of bashing/derogatory comments in both. many women posting here the same thoughts/questions have been harshly attacked.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31680&page=1&pp=15

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31418

2]

Rocky said:
When men come here and have sexual relations with the local girls, it's usually a clear cut deal. So much sex for so much money.

below are statements (who made them is irrelevant, and i am not attacking the posters) made regarding tourists and their vacation lovers.

"I can understand a fat, freckled faces 45 plus yrs old tourist feamle with a 22 yrs old cheap ghetto hotel servent. She has no choice but to get what comes to her, but what I don't understand is that why so many of you slim girls, supposedly educated elegant women find these ghetto losers so fun to be with? What is it that you have common with them? aren't you embarrassed to be seen with these low life poor losers in public?"

"why the very attractive foreign women I see walking on the streets with sankis are attracted to what are, in effect, male prostitutes."

is it not possible that these women also made "clear cut deals"?
why is it automatically assumed that if a woman is with a Dominican male she will be regularly sending money once she returns home? and why is the appearance of the women tourists of such importance? it certainly isn't when men post of their holiday affairs.

mob :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.