Adios Playero and Hola Super Pola.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Playero needs to get it together -- stopped by there this afternoon to pick up some items. Now that business is slow, the cashiers and many bag boys have more time to jaw jack. We bagged our own groceries while they ignored that they needed to work and continued walking in circles and not paying attention to the customers. I can bag my own, but really - you have new competition in town and you don't step it up ? :(

The striped shirt "support" just watched my husband bag and when he was almost done, he directed a boy over. The lady in the next isle was bagging her own also.

How to be a success ? Good customer service, good products and good prices !

I've passed this on, I'm sure it will be appreciated. This is not what the owners I know expect.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
That is what is has always be about there....LACK of customer service. You would think they would be bending over backwards to improve their image and product. But the "screw them" attitude seems to live on.

Ken have you now officially become their spokesperson????Why does the owner himself get involved????

Bob K

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I was wondering why the bags at Pola are so flimsy and cheap. Well read the print on the back...they are bio degradable. Wow and another reason to shop there.

Bob K

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many food items are indeed edible long after their "Sell By" date.
BUT, "Chips", crackers,and other "Snack Foods" get "STALE"!!!!!
A "soft" Chip, and/or cracker may be :OK" to eat, but I don't want to eat them!!!!!
Years ago, even the big supermarket chains sold "Out-Of-Code" products.
Mostly imported items.
If it was "On Sale" and from outside the DR, and "Pricy", it was almost always stale!
I would open a box of "Keebler Crackers", for example, and do a "Taste Test" before I bought anything!
I got burned too many times with stale stuff before I started doing THAT!
Even recently, I saw some "Out-Of-Code" products on the shelf at Supermercado National.
I pointed them out to the general manager, he called a boy to remove the items as I was still there.
Next Day, they were back on the shelf!
And he's from SPAIN!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Playero Has Been Using Biodegradable Bags For Years

I was wondering why the bags at Pola are so flimsy and cheap. Well read the print on the back...they are bio degradable. Wow and another reason to shop there.

Bob K

For shopping at Pola instead of where, Bob?

Playero has been using biodegradable bags for years.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Did not know that as there is no info to that effect printed on Playero bags or at least none that my aging eyes have noticed.

Bob K

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Did not know that as there is no info to that effect printed on Playero bags or at least none that my aging eyes have noticed.

Bob K

Bob, your eyes must have aged more than you realize. In large letters it says "DEGRADABLE" "!Por un mundo mas verde!" plus other indications that the bags are biodegradable.

The bottom 4 inches of printing are about the bags being biodegradable. Printed in green.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I need to visit "Playero" to see why Ken likes it so much!
Only THEN will I comment.
THAT's Fair!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I don't have a love afair with Playero. Just don't think that a lot of the negativity is fair to the store.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I said "likes", and, you know what they say about "Opinions"!!!!!!!!
The "Consensus" does seem to be negative toward "Playero".
The "Perception" seems to be a "Lack of customer service".
And, "Perception" dictates receiving repeat customers, or NOT!
The "Competition" should be good for BOTH stores customers.
TIME will answer THAT!
Like I said, "Let me visit "Playero"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Back a couple of hours ago from a small shopping in Playero and nothing negative to report.
Parked the car. Found everything where it should be inside, didn't have to wait in line,got a friendly smile from the checkout,paid usual price, got bagged and out.

Problem is, that's not dramatic enough for some folks.....