American dating a dominican woman 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I always knew men that travel to countries like DR, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia Brazil etc. for women were kinda ODD!!, but when I became a member of DR1 it went from odd to DAMN!!!!!

The need for men to be LOVED by women is CRAZY and I always thought it was the women yearning for affection from men, but DR1 has totally change this.

I always enjoyed and relished the chase of women when I was younger and always thought most men feel the same, but I can see a lot of men need love in their heart for whatever reason.

White women, black women, latin women, Asian women etc. there are women all over the planet and if one says "GET LOST" maybe the next will same "LETS GO BACK TO MY PLACE" but if a man decides to enter into the worlds of the DR's and Panama's they often confuse ENVY with LOVE.

A man from a 1st world nation CANNOT fall in love with a woman from a 3rd world country. What he does is fall in love with the IDEA of marrying a woman from a 3rd world country and that is why people always feel the need to state my Dominican spouse :

Educated
Upper class
Never ask for money
has a job
treat me better then women from my country
never wanted visa
comes from a good family

I will quote a very intelligent man" I am what I am and that's all that I am"

POPEYE THE SAILOR

a man from a first world nation cannot fall in love with a third world woman?

how do you come up with these things?

Dominicanero

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
I recently started dating a Dominican girl and want to know what it take to bring her to America. What would be the over all cost of marrying her? Some people I heard from say it's thousands of dollars. Also, what is her earning potential in America if she's in college. Just want to know what I'm getting into bringing her here to America financially in the beginning stage. I seen post on here about this subject but it's pieces here and there and never saw enough info.

Tell her you want to move to the DR and live there, that you're tired of the U.S. and only want to visit it from time to time. If she sincerely doesn't seem to care, that's a good sign, but if that bothers her and/or she seems to get distant after you say that, you'll at least know what her real motives were.
Let me say this: If you can't speak, read and write Spanish fluently, you are at a MAJOR disadvantage. There are many great dominican girls who will love you sincerely, but unless you are fluent in their language you're not likely to ever meet them. And that's because there are A LOT more bad ones that you'll have to weed out in your search, and without fluency in Spanish you'll have a very hard time detecting deception. I have lived in the DR for 6 years and I can't count all the girls I've been with, but I've only known two (2) who were truly sincere(I'm with one of those two). All the rest were looking to find some guy to get them off the island. They were young and hot and I had a great time banging the hell out of them, but there's no way I would have married them, much less bring them back to the states. You really need to sit back and give this some serious thought. Even with the two girls that I said were sincere, I would still be very leery about bringing them to the U.S., for once they are there influences can effect them that will make them change despite being sincere when they arrived.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I will never understand the reason why so many men feel the need to bring women into this country. I have ZERO problem with a person coming to the USA the right way like my 1st child mother. She NEVER in a million years would have married anybody just to come to the USA. She left Mexico when she was around 13 yrs old and now she is a R.N at a very good hospital.

To the OP: Find somebody that is already living in the USA legally. The USA is not just your country it belongs to every American on the globe, and there are so many CUTS and CUT BACKS in the system as it is for Americans and now you and so many other men want to complicate our system which is already in need of an overhaul by bringing people here trough marriage!!!

IMO Scholarships should ONLY be given to American citizens PERIOD!!! When I was a student college tuition was not as expensive as it is now. I have daughter that will be going to college in the near future Notre Dame in South Bend or UT in Austin Texas and the tuition to both school are very expensive. I as an American should not have to push my daughter into basketball so her tuition is paid for even though she is a great basketball player.

China, Japan, Israel, India, Dominican Republic etc have such great schools with "UPPER CLASS" people so why is everyone trying to come to the USA and take spots from American children???? America is such a bad place with a TERRIBLE culture yet I see so many students in our schools are from ALL OVER THE GLOBE.

Marry your educated Dominican lady and STAY in DR, why come to the USA when the DR have so many opportunities. Ask many of the posters on this board and they will tell you how awful the USA is compared to DR.

Did you perchance graduate, bud? Methinks not

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Schools set aside money for international students. Some people do not qualify but some do. All international students do not pay double for tuition.

University of Illinois is not a really expensive school like so of the others, but if you are an international student you will pay close to 50,000USD while an Illinois resident pays around 30,000USD.

Why should a woman from India have the same cost as a woman BORN and RAISED in Illinois which is HER SCHOOL!!!

How many Dominican families can pay almost 50,000USD for tuition, room& board, and fees??? I do not know many!!!

And like I said U of I is not even considered a expensive school.

very interesting comment, indeed! some guys here make things very easy like getting to the US will definitely land you in an IVY LEAGUE. It is not that simple!

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Tell her you want to move to the DR and live there, that you're tired of the U.S. and only want to visit it from time to time. If she sincerely doesn't seem to care, that's a good sign, but if that bothers her and/or she seems to get distant after you say that, you'll at least know what her real motives were.
Let me say this: If you can't speak, read and write Spanish fluently, you are at a MAJOR disadvantage. There are many great dominican girls who will love you sincerely, but unless you are fluent in their language you're not likely to ever meet them. And that's because there are A LOT more bad ones that you'll have to weed out in your search, and without fluency in Spanish you'll have a very hard time detecting deception. I have lived in the DR for 6 years and I can't count all the girls I've been with, but I've only known two (2) who were truly sincere(I'm with one of those two). All the rest were looking to find some guy to get them off the island. They were young and hot and I had a great time banging the hell out of them, but there's no way I would have married them, much less bring them back to the states. You really need to sit back and give this some serious thought. Even with the two girls that I said were sincere, I would still be very leery about bringing them to the U.S., for once they are there influences can effect them that will make them change despite being sincere when they arrived.

It looks like you are a MASTER at your craft! You know your stuffs from top to bottom!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Did you perchance graduate, bud? Methinks not

Immaculate Conception HS Elmhurst IL
DePaul University in Chicago

I have no problem admitting I was not really into college, but it did not stop me from receiving a degree from one of the top schools in the nation.

I went to school for basketball and when that did not work out my sophomore year I turned my focus to making money was I completed school.

Do you have any idea how any DUMB ASSES think a master degree is this magical piece of paper and money will come pouring in??? I did not want to be in school anyone so I started to temp from company to company with a Marketing & Sales degree until I landed at a place which I temped for 2 yrs before I was offered a position.

Now I have been at my company since 1999- 2000 give me a ball park figure of what you think I make annually at Nestle USA?????
Hint: Its more then your typical lawyer.

BTW My almost 15 years in the business TRUMP any M.B.A you may have or not!!! and I bet you thought I was going to type something very GLAMOUS like I attended Yale and then went to Harvard Law now I work on Wall ST in NYC and one of the top firms in the country making 175,000USD!!! I am just a simple man that took a simple route by becoming a temp and became very LUCKY!!!!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
very interesting comment, indeed! some guys here make things very easy like getting to the US will definitely land you in an IVY LEAGUE. It is not that simple!

The BEST way to get into an Ivy League school is you BETTER be the son, daughter, grandson or granddaughter of someone that attended one of the schools such as Brown, Cornell, Penn, Yale etc. The likely hood of a Dominican getting into one of these schools is so unlikely. The COST alone will have them running for the hills.

Having good grades and money means NOTHING to the IVY LEAGUE is a different world. Plenty of students with a 35 or 36 on the ACT and comes from a wealthy family gets DENIED every year.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Immaculate Conception HS Elmhurst IL
DePaul University in Chicago

I have no problem admitting I was not really into college, but it did not stop me from receiving a degree from one of the top schools in the nation.

I went to school for basketball and when that did not work out my sophomore year I turned my focus to making money was I completed school.

Do you have any idea how any DUMB ASSES think a master degree is this magical piece of paper and money will come pouring in??? I did not want to be in school anyone so I started to temp from company to company with a Marketing & Sales degree until I landed at a place which I temped for 2 yrs before I was offered a position.

Now I have been at my company since 1999- 2000 give me a ball park figure of what you think I make annually at Nestle USA?????
Hint: Its more then your typical lawyer.

BTW My almost 15 years in the business TRUMP any M.B.A you may have or not!!! and I bet you thought I was going to type something very GLAMOUS like I attended Yale and then went to Harvard Law now I work on Wall ST in NYC and one of the top firms in the country making 175,000USD!!! I am just a simple man that took a simple route by becoming a temp and became very LUCKY!!!!

Good to hear your hard work paid off. Congratulations!
drescape24

Aug 6, 2006
The Ivy League schools always have places open for "legacy students": alumni's kids, especially those who have donated to the school. A guy like Romney would have no problem getting his kids in, and the tuition is not a problem for anyone making fifty million per year. Then they reserve positions for diversity students, from all over the country, even homeschooled kids who could be classified as geniuses or talented in some area or another. Their variety is more important than their SAT/ACT scores. Finally, there are positions reserved for kids with high scores, with or without rich families. Private schools generally offer some scholarships to foreign students. State schools generally don't normally do this. I can't imagine the Feds passing a law restricting who gets scholarships.

The idea behind diversity is that students often learn more from one another than from their classwork, and what better way of learning about different cultures or subcultures than going to school with them? I know I learned a huge amount at NMSU from students from all over NM, Mexico, other parts of the US and the world.

I graduated HS as 23rd in a class of 120. The thought of applying to an Ivy League school never occurred to me. Only one member of my class studied at Harvard Business School long after he graduated from the U of Missouri.

Status
Not open for further replies.