american tourist mistaken for a prostitute and insulted by CESTUR

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Exploitation of a woman. No evidence challengeable as it satisfies policy. Enough for a few days in custody and a flight home.

Just wonder. Will it ever happen?

To qualify as exploitation, you would have to be pimping her out. And since when do you not need evidence?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, seriously. Prostitution is legal here and not considered exploitation, remember?

That is why I asked where you were from and where do you live now.

This is the DR. Prostitution might not be illegal, but it is certainly not desirable. They will make up what happens as they go along.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Yes, seriously. Prostitution is legal here and not considered exploitation, remember?

Go read about it.....exploitation.

As an example take the UN policy for it's employees. Its a complicated subject less so in a land where there are less legal safety nets for the abusers.

Basically touching provocatively in public here might not be very sensible. Don't negotiate from a position of economic strength perhaps and definitely avoid the young or apparently young. You are the expat john and in a very weak starting position. Maybe you had strength with local government support before but maybe that has all changed now. Await the new council position.

Time to reassess maybe because the AG here does not believe the john has any rights at all....go research.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
So when I am walking down Pedro C, and a chica grabs my testicles,.
I am exploiting her ?

just checking , cuz I may have to re consider what kind of Pantalones I wear in the future
or perhaps a jock strap and CUP would be more appropriate so I dont run afoul of any laws..

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That is why I asked where you were from and where do you live now.

This is the DR. Prostitution might not be illegal, but it is certainly not desirable. They will make up what happens as they go along.

They are already making up what happens as they go along - that is what the point of this thread is, and many posters are not too happy about it. Prostitution is very desireable - at least to Dominican men who engage in prostitution far more than mongers and have been doing so for decades- that's why there are so many cabanas all over the country. What is not desireable, at least to the DR government is the promotion of the country as a sex tourism destination, it's current image as the sex tourism capital of the Caribbean, and the open, blatant mongering that is currently going on, especially in BC and Sosua.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I have never initiated contact with a woman in all my years here and when I leave the island, I am broke....who is exploited?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
They are already making up what happens as they go along - that is what the point of this thread is, and many posters are not too happy about it. Prostitution is very desireable - at least to Dominican men who engage in prostitution far more than mongers and have been doing so for decades- that's why there are so many cabanas all over the country. What is not desireable, at least to the DR government is the promotion of the country as a sex tourism destination, it's current image as the sex tourism capital of the Caribbean, and the open, blatant mongering that is currently going on, especially in BC and Sosua.

My understanding is the cabanas are geared more towards taking your mistress or secretary to than as place for prostitutes.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
Our Dominican wifes certainly don't feel protected or safe around Dominican police.

[QUOTE=windeguy;1718921]And that has nothing to do with recent events.:ermm:[/QUOTE]

Really?
Pay attention to dv8's post #118 and re-consider your assertion.
Maybe this will move to embarrass your Dominican family.

dv8
DdelR also reported this on their FB:
Contin?an los abusos de Cestur en Sosua, anoche pasado las 11:00 pm, dos miembros de la polic?a turistica apresaron a una Dominicana residente en alemania que junto a sus hijos y esposo vacasiona en esta ciudad y sal?an de un restaurant y aunque ella le mostr? sus documentos y el hotel donde se hospedan fue apresada acusada se prostituta y fuertemente golpeada. TENEMOS TODO. Que sepa el mundo est?n humillando a nuestro pueblo, de manera deliberada a nuestras mujeres las est?n maltratando sin ser prostitutas. Donde est?n las autoridades

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Naughty John.... we caught you- no sex here

someone asked how the dr would arrest johns if they were going to go that route.

Very simple. Utterly simple. I hate to say it, but it happens everywhere. Everywhere they want to arrest johns.

put women on the force to walk the street and see if men will offer to pay for play. How many would those "police agents" need to "hook" before the word gets out?

You mean like they do in Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.
Female cops in spandex and high heels, how pathetic!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Go read about it.....exploitation.

As an example take the UN policy for it's employees. Its a complicated subject less so in a land where there are less legal safety nets for the abusers.

Basically touching provocatively in public here might not be very sensible. Don't negotiate from a position of economic strength perhaps and definitely avoid the young or apparently young. You are the expat john and in a very weak starting position. Maybe you had strength with local government support before but maybe that has all changed now. Await the new council position.

Time to reassess maybe because the AG here does not believe the john has any rights at all....go research.

There are various kinds of sexual exploitation. I think what you are referring to in your example of UN employees is where a supervisor uses his position of power to molest or engage in sexual activity with a subordinate. The important point here is that the employee is not engaging in a truly voluntary manner.

Another example is the sexual exploitation of minors and children. Legally, a minor in almost all circumstances and jurisdictions is automatically considered unable to consent to sexual activity.

A third example is the exploitation of sex slaves. Women are brought into a country under false pretenses and are then forced into prostitution tp pay off their debt.

The key factors in determining if there is sexual exploitation involved is if the person uses his/her position of power or trust for sexual favors, if the person profits or gains from the sexual services of another, or if a child is involved.

I think you need to do some further reading on the subject. And BTW, I don't need any of your suggestions nor to reassess anything.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
[/color]

You mean like they do in Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.
Female cops in spandex and high heels, how pathetic!

It's a disease, this hateration. Why let people live their lives in peace, not hurting anyone or violating any laws when you can press down on them with the full power of the state?

It's funny how the extranjeros always think that the point of the spear is for somebody else, right before it separates their ribs. Their hypocritical, self righteous ribs. Like I said, the 7th Circle will be full of them.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010

As it is in most of the world, along with sex which also seems very desirable to most humans.
Yes we know out of the public eye, discreetly, possibly with the lights off..... as it is often in the DR

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
Our Dominican wifes certainly don't feel protected or safe around Dominican police.

[QUOTE=windeguy;1718921]And that has nothing to do with recent events.:ermm:

Really?
Pay attention to dv8's post #118 and re-consider your assertion.
Maybe this will move to embarrass your Dominican family.

dv8
DdelR also reported this on their FB:
Contin?an los abusos de Cestur en Sosua, anoche pasado las 11:00 pm, dos miembros de la polic?a turistica apresaron a una Dominicana residente en alemania que junto a sus hijos y esposo vacasiona en esta ciudad y sal?an de un restaurant y aunque ella le mostr? sus documentos y el hotel donde se hospedan fue apresada acusada se prostituta y fuertemente golpeada. TENEMOS TODO. Que sepa el mundo est?n humillando a nuestro pueblo, de manera deliberada a nuestras mujeres las est?n maltratando sin ser prostitutas. Donde est?n las autoridades[/QUOTE]

By the way,
This is the very family tourism the gov.do wants to attract and how are they treated.
A good case for the minister of tourism.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I do agree with your observations above. When I mentioned that prostitution was not desirable, I was indeed only speaking with respect to the government and the promotion of tourism. It is intuitively obvious that those who like prostitutes would desire them.

Each individual has his own wants, needs and desires that may be in contradiction. Those who contradict what the DR government wants, despite the letter of the law, are not the tail who are going to wag that dog. That is why I asked where you were from and where do you live.

CESTUR might want to think about checking ID's to reduce the re-occurrence of what happened in the OP.