ANOECA Alberto Noesi

Status
Not open for further replies.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hmmmm...so have these investors talked to the guy directly? I understand the response said to make an appointment, but I would think he would be the one you all should be discussing your individual cases with in person, not in a forum. My 2 cents.

dreivitt

Mar 7, 2006
I appreciate your perspective from the outside and it may be right but Anoeca has missed a few dates already (in the past month) in updating us as they said they would. Here's hoping that they really are in a "restructuring" mode and that this is all just alarmists adding to the fire.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hmmmm...so have these investors talked to the guy directly? I understand the response said to make an appointment, but I would think he would be the one you all should be discussing your individual cases with in person, not in a forum. My 2 cents.

why should such events not be publicly ventilated? the guy does business in the public environment. he solicits business from everyday individuals. now that the unsustainability of his business model has brought about, at the very least, a temporary crisis in operations, and credibility, why should he be afforded the privilege of secrecy?

Oct 11, 2010
Two people have contacted me from the United States who have expressed some interest recently in investing with ANOECA. I gave them similar advice to the gorgon's advice to his friend below:

three years ago, a buddy of mine told me that he was going to put up some money with Noesi. i looked at his financial model, and told him to stay away. anyone whose financial structure is buit on real estate, in a third world country, is looking for this type of outcome. Noesi has properties, but no liquidity. if there is a run on his company, he has to raise cash by selling land, and buildings. who is going to buy stuff like Plaza Mambo, at the drop of a hat? he has buildings that have had no activity, for years. as mountainannie says, when the bank is giving 2%, and some guy is giving 12, you are looking to get burned. it was great for some, while it lasted, before the DR asset bubble went bust. those who won, won. those who lost have lost, PERMANENTLY. at least, with him.

However, since the two guys asking my opinion are "smarter than me" or perhaps more intrepid, they were still leaning toward investing based on their dealings directly with the owner. But after reading this forum and several other threads they have been made aware of the current situation. I seriously doubt this information would have been voluntarily or freely conveyed to them, as "future investors", from any of the sources they were dealing with.

The ANOECA website which has supposedly "updated" news hasn't changed since January. The letter to their clients, which is included in the first post in this thread, is rather foreboding. That alone should be enough to keep even the most simple-minded investor far, far away from this company.

I am not alleging that ANOECA was set up as any kind of "Ponzi" scheme, but thanks in part to this forum, at least some facts about this company were made available to future investors as well as current clients, which probably would not have been available to them otherwise, or at least not as quickly. As long as the rumors and hearsay can be controlled this thread may prove interesting, at the least, and perhaps invaluable to some, who may be considering investing with this company or who have already invested.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Two people have contacted me from the United States who have expressed some interest recently in investing with ANOECA. I gave them similar advice to the gorgon's advice to his friend below:

However, since the two guys asking my opinion are "smarter than me" or perhaps more intrepid, they were still leaning toward investing based on their dealings directly with the owner. But after reading this forum and several other threads they have been made aware of the current situation. I seriously doubt this information would have been voluntarily or freely conveyed to them, as "future investors", from any of the sources they were dealing with.

The ANOECA website which has supposedly "updated" news hasn't changed since January. The letter to their clients, which is included in the first post in this thread, is rather foreboding. That alone should be enough to keep even the most simple-minded investor far, far away from this company.

I am not alleging that ANOECA was set up as any kind of "Ponzi" scheme, but thanks in part to this forum, at least some facts about this company were made available to future investors as well as current clients, which probably would not have been available to them otherwise, or at least not as quickly. As long as the rumors and hearsay can be controlled this thread may prove interesting, at the least, and perhaps invaluable to some, who may be considering investing with this company or who have already invested.

Anybody looking to invest with this Company now should be looking for a Mental Hospital instead of an Ivestment Firm.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Anybody looking to invest with this Company now should be looking for a Mental Hospital instead of an Ivestment Firm.

i have never considered accusing Noesi of malfeasance. he just built a business model unworthy of the acumen of a child.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
why should such events not be publicly ventilated? the guy does business in the public environment. he solicits business from everyday individuals. now that the unsustainability of his business model has brought about, at the very least, a temporary crisis in operations, and credibility, why should he be afforded the privilege of secrecy?

You misunderstood my statement. In no way am I saying that this should be kept under wrap, on the contrary I'm alwasy a proponent of complete disclosure. My statement was just questioning whether the individual investors had talked directly with the guy. I know if it were my money I would be looking at talking directly to him and just asking him to give me the story straight and seeing how/when I was going to be able to get my money back...That's all...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You misunderstood my statement. In no way am I saying that this should be kept under wrap, on the contrary I'm alwasy a proponent of complete disclosure. My statement was just questioning whether the individual investors had talked directly with the guy. I know if it were my money I would be looking at talking directly to him and just asking him to give me the story straight and seeing how/when I was going to be able to get my money back...That's all...

my apologies, suarezn, if i misconstrued your intent. rest assured, the investors have spoken with him. whether the conversation can be published without severe censorship is questionable.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
my apologies, suarezn, if i misconstrued your intent. rest assured, the investors have spoken with him. whether the conversation can be published without severe censorship is questionable.

I have no problem with you posting the story.

I was waiting for a response from ANOECA, beyond the rumors and babble by some on this board.
The response never happened, despite given ANOECA ample opportunity, so here we are.
So enough of the censorship BS, it gets a little boring.

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Perhaps the PG version then? The letter posted sounded like pure spin. And not even artful spin.

And he represented that everything supposedly was invested in commercial buildings? Or just in mortgages on buildings?

Monte

Jan 17, 2007
How are the owned properties titled? I recall that they are in the private name of Alberto.

Monte

Jan 17, 2007
Past post stated Lee was replaced and he was off to new ventures. Yet,
I see Lee's hand in these letters. Do you see? "Whilst" and other Lee idiosyncratic terms are used in these letters.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
The last update stated that the audit should be finished by the end of this month, IF they are allowed to get on with the task in hand. I see people talking about "class" action and I imagine some have already taken individual action, but I just wonder if this will change the situation one iota. (Probably a Leeism, too, as I'm also a Brit). Someone mentioned a while back seeking Mr. Guzman's opinion but I can't see anything in the legal forum. Is there any value in doing anything concrete other than hope and pray that something might miraculously be salvaged? My gut feeling is it won't get anyone anywhere unless they are hoping to jump the queue by doing so. We have been promised that won't be allowed to happen but sometimes he who shouts the loudest does get their own way, as we've seen in this company in the past. I may be wrong... is there any point in formally asking the question in the legal forum, just so we know the score?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Past post stated Lee was replaced and he was off to new ventures. Yet,
I see Lee's hand in these letters. Do you see? "Whilst" and other Lee idiosyncratic terms are used in these letters.

As far as I'm aware, they asked him to come back and help them through these obviously difficult times.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
We have been promised that won't be allowed to happen but sometimes he who shouts the loudest does get their own way

In cases like this what normally happens is that any investor with connections (i.e. The general, the politician, the one belonging to a well known connected family, etc) will get their money back first. Then like you said probably those who shout the loudest will get some, and those without connections who remain relatively quiet will get nothing.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
The last update stated that the audit should be finished by the end of this month, IF they are allowed to get on with the task in hand. I see people talking about "class" action and I imagine some have already taken individual action, but I just wonder if this will change the situation one iota. (Probably a Leeism, too, as I'm also a Brit). Someone mentioned a while back seeking Mr. Guzman's opinion but I can't see anything in the legal forum. Is there any value in doing anything concrete other than hope and pray that something might miraculously be salvaged? My gut feeling is it won't get anyone anywhere unless they are hoping to jump the queue by doing so. We have been promised that won't be allowed to happen but sometimes he who shouts the loudest does get their own way, as we've seen in this company in the past. I may be wrong... is there any point in formally asking the question in the legal forum, just so we know the score?
Probably more important than filing suit at this point is obtaining an Impedimento de Salida and prevent Alberto from leaving the country. I'm sure accounts in the Caymens or Switzerland look very appealing to Alberto at this point. Say all you want about him, but he isn't stupid. He knew the end was coming for many months. Long enough to make exit plans.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Can we cut out the rumor mongering and childish speculation.

If you don't have any HARD FACTS, don't post.

Anymore "babble" about Swiss accounts, Generals etc will be deleted. All it does is create more BS and doesn't do anything to help genuine investors.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
I would like to know who is on the "AUDIT" committee
If those persons' names were published they would be hounded, just as Lee is being hounded, and their lives made miserable, when they are only offering their services for free in good faith. And it wouldn't end if and when this blows over. There would be resentment for years to come. Long-standing friendships were destroyed over a much more trivial scandal two/three years back when well-meaning people took sides.

I imagine anonymity would have been a condition of their agreeing to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.