ANOECA Alberto Noesi

Status
Not open for further replies.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
This is obviously a very serious situation, and Anoeca's crass handling of PR isn't helping, but there have been a number of malicious and misleading statements on here besides the vague babble of which Robert complains. And even when one poster did get specific, his statement about one particular Anoeca asset is downright incorrect.

Most posters here are not directly involved and for them it is just a spectator sport, like drivers who slow down to enjoy car wrecks. It is well known that such people usually only add to the problems. But in the case of certain posters who have persisted in throwing mud I have to wonder if they are business competitors of Anoeca or have some personal grudge because Anoeca has bested them in business in the past. There is one character on the North Coast with a history of criminal convictions in Europe who will tell anyone withing earshot that Anoeca owes him a substantial sum. If he were to post here anonymously, would his views carry any weight?

A more general point. Some posters have implied that Anoeca's business is to buy and sell property. It isn't. Any property which Anoeca holds will be when a borrower has defaulted on repayments. Anoeca doesn't lend more than 50% of the property's value, so the situation is not comparable to those First World institutions which defaulted because they lent 90% or more of the value. Even if the property market has fallen (and some of our regular rose-tinted brigade who suck up to the Dominican establishment insist it is booming!), no-one has suggested that it has fallen below 50%. I am not suggesting that Anoeca being stuck with property, with the consequent loss of liquidity, is not a bad thing, just that it is not the total write-off which some are suggesting.

Anoeca have promised a statement around the end of the month. I suggest we all wait and see what they come up with instead of making wild assumptions and accusations based on nil evidence. It may be every bit as grim as some are predicting, or it might be a bit better than that, but the truth is that we really have little to go on at present, which is why posters are fantasizing.

The more helpful posts here are those suggesting the creditors should form some sort of collective to protect their joint interests as best they can. They need not take a confrontational attitude to Anoeca but could work with Anoeca to make the best of a bad job. It could be in Anoeca's interests to deal with one body instead of a panicking mob of individuals with the vast expenditure of time and legal costs that would entail.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
This is obviously a very serious situation, and Anoeca's crass handling of PR isn't helping, but there have been a number of malicious and misleading statements on here besides the vague babble of which Robert complains. And even when one poster did get specific, his statement about one particular Anoeca asset is downright incorrect.

Most posters here are not directly involved and for them it is just a spectator sport, like drivers who slow down to enjoy car wrecks. It is well known that such people usually only add to the problems. But in the case of certain posters who have persisted in throwing mud I have to wonder if they are business competitors of Anoeca or have some personal grudge because Anoeca has bested them in business in the past. There is one character on the North Coast with a history of criminal convictions in Europe who will tell anyone withing earshot that Anoeca owes him a substantial sum. If he were to post here anonymously, would his views carry any weight?

A more general point. Some posters have implied that Anoeca's business is to buy and sell property. It isn't. Any property which Anoeca holds will be when a borrower has defaulted on repayments. Anoeca doesn't lend more than 50% of the property's value, so the situation is not comparable to those First World institutions which defaulted because they lent 90% or more of the value. Even if the property market has fallen (and some of our regular rose-tinted brigade who suck up to the Dominican establishment insist it is booming!), no-one has suggested that it has fallen below 50%. I am not suggesting that Anoeca being stuck with property, with the consequent loss of liquidity, is not a bad thing, just that it is not the total write-off which some are suggesting.

Anoeca have promised a statement around the end of the month. I suggest we all wait and see what they come up with instead of making wild assumptions and accusations based on nil evidence. It may be every bit as grim as some are predicting, or it might be a bit better than that, but the truth is that we really have little to go on at present, which is why posters are fantasizing.

The more helpful posts here are those suggesting the creditors should form some sort of collective to protect their joint interests as best they can. They need not take a confrontational attitude to Anoeca but could work with Anoeca to make the best of a bad job. It could be in Anoeca's interests to deal with one body instead of a panicking mob of individuals with the vast expenditure of time and legal costs that would entail.

a most well measured posting by london. at the end of the day, an insane business model is what brought about this debacle. Alberto is not a Wharton graduate. he is a glorified loanshark, whose business outgrew its sanity. i hope guys get their corn back, but that is a stretch. tons of this money were loaned against property in POP, and we all know what that is worth today. he built a business that was more concerned with confiscation, rather than repayment. he needed someone to analyse the viability of projects, and their ability to meet scheduled payments, rather than resting in the security that he could appropriate your assets if you defaulted. ah, well.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What kind of business model would that be?

I also wonder what type of administrative overhead this guy has.

let me see how i can make this easy for you, chip. i worked in a capacity wherein i examined business plans, and feasibility studies, for venture capitalists. if the plan did not look realistic, and the future receipts looked too optimistic, the institution would reject the petition for funding. they want SCHEDULED PAYMENTS. that is what keeps them liquid. they do not want your house, or your scooter, or your dog, which they then have to turn around and sell, to recoup the principal. to the best of my understanding, very few such people exist here, who rely on serious feasibility studies in the case of business ventures. Noesi financed the Plaza Mambo debacle, which i gave a three month shelf life, before it opened. guys who believe that they can defy the basic laws of business are everywhere to be found, and they get seed money, from people like Noesi, who is comfortable knowing that if you miss a date, he owns your car. then, he has to go sell it. in the case of certain assets, that is a major difficulty, and he gets stuck with an asset, and no cash. one guy gets hung up, then tells his buddy. contagion sets in, and he is down the river, because of a run on the account, which he cannot satisfy.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
What is the approximate dollar amount this gentleman had under his management and approximately how many investors did he have?
Anoeca are engaged on a comprehensive audit at present, undertaken by a panel of investors with experience in accounting, real estate and related matters. They have promised a statement to investors at the end of April (or maybe at the very beginning of May) which should go a long way towards answering those questions. If it appears to be a full and frank disclosure we may each draw our own conclusions. If it appears incomplete or evasive, or doesn't appear at all, then we will draw very different conclusions.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Well...... the latest correspondence from Anoeca is suggesting that investors have access to Anoeca's real estate inventory. Great, you may get a deed to a frikin banana patch south of fkn nowhere. Those fkrs were accepting money from investors recently, knowing full well that they couldn't honour there agreements.............. that would be fraud!!!!!!!
Lawyer up ya'll!!!!!!!!

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Well...... the latest correspondence from Anoeca is suggesting that investors have access to Anoeca's real estate inventory. Great, you may get a deed to a frikin banana patch south of fkn nowhere. Those fkrs were accepting money from investors recently, knowing full well that they couldn't honour there agreements.............. that would be fraud!!!!!!!
Lawyer up ya'll!!!!!!!!

Could you post the latest correspondence for those interested parties?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Lawyer up ya'll!!!!!!!!

lawyer up, on a contingency basis, not by way of retainer. this is the Dominican Republic. your lawyer will simply accept your retainer, ,then swich sides, accepting money from Noesi to sell you out. think this out carefully, because this is not the ancestral home of people with integrity.

Timotero

Bronze
Feb 25, 2011
Could you post the latest correspondence for those interested parties?

If you had an actual financial "interest" in Anocea, shouldn't you already have received the latest correspondence? Or are you just curious? :)-)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
If you had an actual financial "interest" in Anocea, shouldn't you already have received the latest correspondence? Or are you just curious? :)-)

Well Timo, I have a natural interest in not seeing bad things happen to good people. As this has been posted on a public forum for some time, I don't really see the harm in asking for information as it comes available.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
Alberto says that there will be no interest payments for the forseeable future and that he is willing to settle all depts in the form of properties. He has allready settled with some people.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Alberto says that there will be no interest payments for the forseeable future and that he is willing to settle all depts in the form of properties. He has allready settled with some people.

So he was given a month to hide all that was liquid ( audit ) and is now paying out Chicklets for your peso. There was a former poster on DR1 pumping ANOECO in 2005 while withdrawing his investment at the same time. I am sure there are many old timers here that bailed out years ago. Good luck to all that sat back and believed. I hope future DR1'ers learn from this thread.

Monte

Jan 17, 2007

The debts Alberto has is the deposits of depositors. Previous statements stated no special treatment and that all would be shared on a prorata basis in accordance with the depositors interest... or share of total deposits. How can it be that he has settled with some people and not all on the planned prorata basis?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
And all along in his emails he said all investors would be treated equally. Did anybody believe that? I was lambasted for suggesting that he was using the time the audit bought him to relocate anything liquid to the Caymans or Switzerland. Again I say, Alberto is not a stupid man. He saw the writing on the wall a long time ago. Current assets are a spit in the ocean when you consider how much has already been diminished by overblown interest payments paid out to date. A typical end result of a Ponzi scheme. Remember, most Ponzi schemes start as legitimate businesses which go bad and the organizer can't admit he failed. He borrows from Peter to pay Paul. Peter is left holding the empty bag.

Monte

Jan 17, 2007
Two months ago while having dinner in Sosua some clown was bragging about just making the best investment of his life. He stated a guy named Scott refered him to an investment house in POP and a fellow named Alberto. This clown then stated he placed more than a half
million US at an extremely high return rate. I glad I was two tables away.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I hope he was able to write off that $500K as a "charitable" donation like many others that took that guy's investment advice.
At least a few of the good guys/gals saw the writing on the wall two-three years ago with this fund and were able to get out over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.