Another attempted robbery within 50km of Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
Does anyone sell bulletproof autoglass in DR?I would hate to have to replace my glass every few months.

Reactions: DavidZ

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
It's not closer to Cabarete... it IS Cabarete...

Correct. Technically it can be called " 5 minutes from Sosua". If this precision up to ten feet really helps anyone.

But every honest person understands well that we are talking about SOSUA AREA

In feet and minutes driving Las Canas is even further from downtown but is called "Sosua".

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
To calm everyone down, for future reference:

"Attempted robberies" should be classified as in Cabarete.
"Successful robberies" should be classified as in Sosua.

Reactions: rsg

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I think the thread title is misleading regardless of where it occurred, nobody KNOWS if it was attempted robbery, could have easily been a teenager just trying to vandalize or do crazy stuff.

However, considering how many people have reported this type of incident, one can conclude that it probably was a robbery attempt.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Correct. Technically it can be called " 5 minutes from Sosua". If this precision up to ten feet really helps anyone.

But every honest person understands well that we are talking about SOSUA AREA

In feet and minutes driving Las Canas is even further from downtown but is called "Sosua".

I totally disagree...those that know or think of Sosua...think of El Batey, maybe Los Charamicos...and possibly Las Canas, La Mulatta, Casa Linda, Sosua Abajo, etc....but it is common practice to use the name of those other areas unless it is something within SOSUA itself (el Batey).

Cabarete, however, is NOT Sosua....

You, more than just about anyone on this board seem to relish trashing Sosua and everything about it...from the people, to the food, to the prices, to the security, etc. Every time I read your posts I wonder "Why the h*ll does this guy live in Sosua???"

...and for the record Las Canas is NOT closer to downtown Sosua than Cabarete...neither in distance or time...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
These types of robbery attempts are very common on the autopista as you are passing villa altragracia. they do this at night time. This is why truckers love to give rides to military personnels who want lift waiting at the toll booth. truckers only require military or police to have gun on them when they are given a lift to anywhere.
AZB

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
newsflash....

this same thing happened at 30 other corners last night or more, across the country.

it also, crazy as it may sound, happened at over a hundred corners in the U.S. last night.

i know its amazing to think about it, but crime actually does happen elsewhere in the world. its not exclusive to sosua, or the so called "sosua area"

and for the record... i have never heard anyone refer to cabarete as the "sosua area"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i suggest moving it into living section and renaming after the event: attempted robbery by throwing stones at a car - drivers beware. or something of that sort.
in any case, do not give me "it happens everywhere" BS because we are talking about DR here so we are looking for advice as what to do and how to behave. elsewhere you could at least call the police and they would show up to check things out, here it will not happen.
thank you for reading.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
newsflash....

this same thing happened at 30 other corners last night or more, across the country.

it also, crazy as it may sound, happened at over a hundred corners in the U.S. last night.

i know its amazing to think about it, but crime actually does happen elsewhere in the world. its not exclusive to sosua, or the so called "sosua area".

Since we are talking about a specific area in the DR, and this is a DR-related site, content should be appropriate to the area of the country in question.

Saying "crime happens everywhere" is an obfuscation of the topic at hand.

I think we are adult enough to understand that "Crime in Sosua" (or anywhere else in the DR) doesn't mean crime in Sosua that occurs nowhere else on the planet.

Posting about specific incidents in a specific area does not mean crime happens nowhere else in the world, nor would people immediately jump to the conclusion that Sosua is the most crime-riddled town on Earth. Most people understand this.

Those who don't have bigger issues to deal with than a lack of reading comprehension skills.

Last edited:

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I wonder "Why the h*ll does this guy live in Sosua???"

B`cause myself and my friends - we like it here. We are not entitled you think? Only you are?

Have I ever said that I dislike Sosua? Can you kindly quote?

We live here b`cause we like it here. Uncountable nice loving senoritas who know how to behave of course. Otherwise - places like Daytona Beach, Boca Raton, Ft.Lauderdale, Hamptons, Oakland beach, South Beach - are head and shoulder above. In terms of safety, security, overal quality, prices, law and order, medicine,ecology, infrastructure you name it...

Of course being a woman or having a family we`d never come to a men`s place like Sosua apriory, not even think of it...

But we are not. We are strong angry men. We know how to defend ourselves. We know.

And besides nice loving ladies who know how to correctly behave with men
there is such thing as adrenalin, challenge. We know that every gringo is considered here a target. We know that they want our life and our money. OK. Let them try. Let them throw their best shot. And then we execute ours.

It is so fulfilling and satisfying boy! To be winner. To win everyday game of survival.

Another Sosua day passed. I am still alive. They failed again. They lost! I won! I am winner. I am the King.

It`s cool boy to read their minds. To know why they approach you. To know their plans, words and intentions even B4 they open the mouth.

It is cool to be the winner. To survive each and every day in a place like Sosua. And as a sweet trophy to have a bed time company to die for.

I never said I hate Sosua. I LOVE it boy!!!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
B`cause myself and my friends - we like it here. We are not entitled you think? Only you are?

Have I ever said that I dislike Sosua? Can you kindly quote?

We live here b`cause we like it here. Uncountable nice loving senoritas who know how to behave of course. Otherwise - places like Daytona Beach, Boca Raton, Ft.Lauderdale, Hamptons, Oakland beach, South Beach - are head and shoulder above. In terms of safety, security, overal quality, prices, law and order, medicine,ecology, infrastructure you name it...

Of course being a woman or having a family we`d never come to a men`s place like Sosua apriory, not even think of it...

But we are not. We are strong angry men. We know how to defend ourselves. We know.

And besides nice loving ladies who know how to correctly behave with men
there is such thing as adrenalin, challenge. We know that every gringo is considered here a target. We know that they want our life and our money. OK. Let them try. Let them throw their best shot. And then we execute ours.

It is so fulfilling and satisfying boy! To be winner. To win everyday game of survival.

Another Sosua day passed. I am still alive. They failed again. They lost! I won! I am winner. I am the King.

It`s cool boy to read their minds. To know why they approach you. To know their plans, words and intentions even B4 they open the mouth.

It is cool to be the winner. To survive each and every day in a place like Sosua. And as a sweet trophy to have a bed time company to die for.

I never said I hate Sosua. I LOVE it boy!!!

Oh my God...I hope you're joking because if you're serious, you're crazier than Antonio the pizza guy from Cabarete...Oh...sorry... "The Sosua Area"...but seriously...what you wrote is SCARY and bordering on PSYCHOTIC...

And whether you are joking or serious...please do not refer to "WE" in your ridiculous rantings... you are a Loon and I doubt there is a single member of DR1 who would agree with this drivel...

Reactions: corsair74

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ah I am beginning to see your agenda now ...you want to frighten away all couples and foreign women

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I totally disagree...those that know or think of Sosua...think of El Batey, maybe Los Charamicos...and possibly Las Canas, La Mulatta, Casa Linda, Sosua Abajo, etc....but it is common practice to use the name of those other areas unless it is something within SOSUA itself (el Batey).

Cabarete, however, is NOT Sosua....

You, more than just about anyone on this board seem to relish trashing Sosua and everything about it...from the people, to the food, to the prices, to the security, etc. Every time I read your posts I wonder "Why the h*ll does this guy live in Sosua???"

...and for the record Las Canas is NOT closer to downtown Sosua than Cabarete...neither in distance or time...
I think of "Sosua" being anything between the intersecion of the Turistica Hwy on the west to the far reaches of eastern Cabarete, sort a broad North Coast brush that definitely ends at the intersection of the Jamao mountain road. I imagine the tourist definition might be even broader...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I think of sosua as being a little town quite a distance from encuentro beach a tourist would just think of the main town.....keep thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.