Another attempted robbery within 50km of Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have seen posts moved before
and titles changed faster than a person can post
curious as to why this one hasn't been renamed
or a reason why it hasn't been

hmm.... looks like robert sold all his sosua properties ;)

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
hmm.... looks like robert sold all his sosua properties ;)

Wrong explanation. Robert is doing a valuable thing of making the DR.1 better, more transparent, equal and open to ALL believes and points of view. Hurting his own business interests sometimes, but gaining our unreserved trust and respect.

DR.1 now became the #1 place to go after a true and objective information on Dominican Republic and a reliable source of buying/renting properties here.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Wrong explanation. Robert is doing a valuable thing of making the DR.1 better, more transparent, equal and open to ALL believes and points of view. Hurting his own business interests sometimes, but gaining our unreserved trust and respect.

DR.1 now became the #1 place to go after a true and objective information on Dominican Republic and a reliable source of buying/renting properties here.

Looks like our new PR agent is working out :)

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Unbelievable!!!!

My sister in Lancaster UK just had her car window smashed and 24 cans of cat food stolen.

Now even though this is 6,781 kms from Sosua - it just shows how the "Sosua Effect" is spreading around the globe!

I doubt she will be visiting Sosua in the near future.

What a disgrace!!!!!!!!

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
And no, I do not think it was them pesky Haitian street cats what did it, before all you comedians start up....

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
Unbelievable!!!!

My sister in Lancaster UK just had her car window smashed and 24 cans of cat food stolen.

Now even though this is 6,781 kms from Sosua - it just shows how the "Sosua Effect" is spreading around the globe!

I doubt she will be visiting Sosua in the near future.

What a disgrace!!!!!!!!

to be fair though, they are both in the northern hemisphere, so, technically lancaster COULD, by many definitions, be considered in the greater sosua AREA.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
From deepest Encuentro

Well I'm right here living in Encuentro as we speak and I get the impression that we look at it as 'On the Cusp' of sosuaness/cabareteness although I can bike or walk to Cabarete easily but would need transport to Sosua,(passing the exact centre of Coastal Petrol station on the way) so it's more 'Cabarete' feeling I suppose. More kites too.No ladies of the night either, to my, limited, knowledge.
The local grapevine has not yet picked up on this story yet so can't vouch for its verisimilitude but I would not doubt it. This also happened to me in Africa so I now know that the blame lies fairly and squarely on the criminal elements of Sosua (Or thereabouts,- within, maybe a line of longitude?) who managed to bung this brick across to another continent.
Jolly Good Shot Old Boy!
Lancaster is much closer so that's definitely Sosua related, it's the District 9 part of course.Cat food gives it away.
Same rules apply as in Africa.
Don't Stop for Nowt- as long as the car's working.

Reactions: beeza and Celt202

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Not farther

In feet and minutes driving Las Canas is even further from downtown but is called "Sosua".

I drive from downtown both regularly, Sosua -> Las Canas and Sosua -> Encuentro and the later is def. longer.

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
I don,t know what all the distance from Sosua fuss is all about???
Puerto Plata to Gaspar is a sewer as far as I am concerned,but, call me a sewer rat, I do enjoy that area from time to time!!!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
another technique and recommended evasive action

I've been advised that some assailants have chosen eggs as their weapon (nowhere near Sosua yet). Which by themselves are kind of harmless, but, if the driver is induced to turn on his wipers, they render the windshield nearly opaque. I haven't tested the theory, but it is worth considering as true until disproved. So if you experience this, don't stop and don't turn on the wipers.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Solution

a) Driver & vehicle
b) A couple of guys with shotguns (no balistics) hidden out of site in back
c) Stop when rock or whatever hits windshield
d) When bad guys show up - Waste the MF's
e) Drive away, hide vehicle and get window fixed.

Actually the cops should be doing it. (Not the robbery part the solution part)

Reactions: SantiagoDR

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh! so looks like robert sold all his properties within 50km of sosua then, right? :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
No! He is endlessly improving fairness and transparency of DR.1 for us to love it even deeper!

you showed me the light of the day. i did not see it at first but now i do. i bow to thee :speechles

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Afgan - Enough is Enough

Originally Posted by Afgan
No! He is endlessly improving fairness and transparency of DR.1 for us to love it even deeper!

Afgan, Fairness and transparency is one thing. Your negative, total BS posts are quite another. What is wrong with you?
I for one am happy to nominate you to be banned, will people be 'strong' enough to follow my lead?... only time will tell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.