Another attempted robbery within 50km of Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
B`cause myself and my friends - we like it here. We are not entitled you think? Only you are?

Have I ever said that I dislike Sosua? Can you kindly quote?

We live here b`cause we like it here. Uncountable nice loving senoritas who know how to behave of course. Otherwise - places like Daytona Beach, Boca Raton, Ft.Lauderdale, Hamptons, Oakland beach, South Beach - are head and shoulder above. In terms of safety, security, overal quality, prices, law and order, medicine,ecology, infrastructure you name it...

Of course being a woman or having a family we`d never come to a men`s place like Sosua apriory, not even think of it...

But we are not. We are strong angry men. We know how to defend ourselves. We know.

And besides nice loving ladies who know how to correctly behave with men
there is such thing as adrenalin, challenge. We know that every gringo is considered here a target. We know that they want our life and our money. OK. Let them try. Let them throw their best shot. And then we execute ours.

It is so fulfilling and satisfying boy! To be winner. To win everyday game of survival.

Another Sosua day passed. I am still alive. They failed again. They lost! I won! I am winner. I am the King.

It`s cool boy to read their minds. To know why they approach you. To know their plans, words and intentions even B4 they open the mouth.

It is cool to be the winner. To survive each and every day in a place like Sosua. And as a sweet trophy to have a bed time company to die for.

I never said I hate Sosua. I LOVE it boy!!!

I hope all you area trying to do is stir the dr1 pot. My always positive self believes you MUST be. (And if so, then kudos!) If not, then YOU, Sir, are the scum for whom we speak.

(And that is the most radical thing I have ever posted on this treasured site.)

Lindsey

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I think of "Sosua" being anything between the intersecion of the Turistica Hwy on the west to the far reaches of eastern Cabarete, sort a broad North Coast brush that definitely ends at the intersection of the Jamao mountain road. I imagine the tourist definition might be even broader...

Really? Ive talked to literally hundreds of tourists over the years and never once has anyone indicated they had that impression...let alone Dominicans or ex-Pats. All part of Puerto Plata? maybe...as it actually is...but Sosua is Sosua...from around POP airport to El Choco Road give or take, with the popular perception being Sosua = El Batey and the hills above it...

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Really? Ive talked to literally hundreds of tourists over the years and never once has anyone indicated they had that impression...let alone Dominicans or ex-Pats. All part of Puerto Plata? maybe...as it actually is...but Sosua is Sosua...from around POP airport to El Choco Road give or take, with the popular perception being Sosua = El Batey and the hills above it...

Agreed.
I don't doubt Cobra's impression of what Sosua encompasses, but it's a misperception. And I've also never heard anyone (tourist, expat, or Dominican) suggest Cobra's boundaries.

Edit: From a realtor website
Perhaps surprisingly, the boundary between Cabarete and Sosua is located very close to Sosua town (just east of the entrance to La Mulata), so whilst many of the most popular residential communities may appear to be in Sosua, they are technically classed as Cabarete. The most desirable gated enclaves of Sea Horse Ranch, Haciendas El Choco and Sosua Ocean Village come into this category, along with popular developments offering more affordable properties such as Playa Laguna, Casa Linda, Perla Marina, Lomas Mironas, Hideaway Beach, Vista del Caribe, Costa Azul, Bahia de Arena and Pro Cab, the only gated community of villas in downtown Cabarete.

And... DR1 discussion http://www.dr1.com/forums/real-estate/105720-cabarete-sosua.html

As for Sosua on the west side, I don't know. I have a Dominican friend born/raised near the airport that says his house is in Sosua, not Montellano or Pto Plata.

Last edited:

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
click on google earth
go to dominican republic
go to the north coast and then click on sosua
the town is el batey but the surrounding areas are sosua

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I hope all you area trying to do is stir the dr1 pot. My always positive self believes you MUST be. (And if so, then kudos!) If not, then YOU, Sir, are the scum for whom we speak.

(And that is the most radical thing I have ever posted on this treasured site.)

Lindsey

You call names so easily on another person for just having an opinion that is defferent from you? Who thinks (after ten years in Sosua and having witnessed hundreds of murders and robberies) that this place is not suitable for single women and families.It is nice. I believe you are from an educated family. And graduated from a university maybe.

But all this education and civilization last exacly so long as nobody express any point of view that difers from yours.

Congrats! Your parents can be proud!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I dunno. I think "Sosua" encompases an whole area. But then again I don't live there and understand your perspective.

In Jarabacoa we acknowledge a difference between La Confluencia, Buena Vista, Manaboa and El Salto. Outsiders and tourists think of the whole area as "Jarabacoa." Possibly folks looking on maps may even include Constanza as part of the same place.

Heck, I remember Cabarete before it was Cabarete (as we know it now) and was more of a suburb of Sosua...:cheeky:

When I think of Minneapolis/St. Paul, I think of one general area with two centers, kinda sorta the same with Dallas/Ft. Worth, and SF/Oakland. I think of "New York" as an area that includes some of NJ as well as LI, but locals think in terms of city blocks.

I think of "Punta Cana" as pretty much anything east of Higuey and Samana as the whole peninsula-not just Santa Barbara de Samana.

The Blind Men and the Elephant...

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
after ten years in Sosua and having witnessed hundreds of murders and robberies

Whoah - hold on there - not quite sure where you get your stats from but this doesn't seem like the town we've been visiting twice a year for the last eight years. Hundreds of murders & robberies!!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Reactions: jrhartley

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
.................so are we changing the title of this thread or what, there seems to be a reluctance for some reason

Reactions: Reidy620

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I dunno. I think "Sosua" encompases an whole area. But then again I don't live there and understand your perspective.

In Jarabacoa we acknowledge a difference between La Confluencia, Buena Vista, Manaboa and El Salto. Outsiders and tourists think of the whole area as "Jarabacoa." Possibly folks looking on maps may even include Constanza as part of the same place.

Heck, I remember Cabarete before it was Cabarete (as we know it now) and was more of a suburb of Sosua...:cheeky:

When I think of Minneapolis/St. Paul, I think of one general area with two centers, kinda sorta the same with Dallas/Ft. Worth, and SF/Oakland. I think of "New York" as an area that includes some of NJ as well as LI, but locals think in terms of city blocks.

I think of "Punta Cana" as pretty much anything east of Higuey and Samana as the whole peninsula-not just Santa Barbara de Samana.

The Blind Men and the Elephant...

CB...all that clean, fresh air in Jarabacoa is doing funny things to your brain...next time you're over this way let's have a drink in the Cabarete part of Sosua...:bunny:

Reactions: Reidy620

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I thought the Cabarete Medical Centre was so called because the land on which it was built was classified as part of Cabarete not Sosua.
Or, perhaps I'm wrong ... have been before.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Are we not supposed to be helping Sosua out of this rut, it really is a shame
when everything within within 50 km of the Town becomes part of it when it is a negative comment or story, and I'll bet money if it was a great little find then Sosua wouldn't get a mention. Real band wagon bring down BS, get the header changed, it didn't happen in Sosua.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
.................so are we changing the title of this thread or what, there seems to be a reluctance for some reason

Are we not supposed to be helping Sosua out of this rut, it really is a shame
when everything within within 50 km of the Town becomes part of it when it is a negative comment or story, and I'll bet money if it was a great little find then Sosua wouldn't get a mention. Real band wagon bring down BS, get the header changed, it didn't happen in Sosua.

Down to the mods & Robert now!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

woofsback

Bronze
Dec 20, 2009
i have seen posts moved before
and titles changed faster than a person can post
curious as to why this one hasn't been renamed
or a reason why it hasn't been

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Yes, Snake Plisskin:pirate: has seen hundreds and hundreds of murders:rolleyes:...Escape from Cabarete, i mean Sosua...

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

When did censorship become ok papi lindo?

You seem to wear both good-cop and bad-cop badges in your dee are one history, k pasta JR?

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
JD,

I'm buying a Land Rover next week. Are you saying Land Rovers are targets for crime/robberies/break-ins?

Thanks,

Jim

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

But we are not. We are strong angry men. We know how to defend ourselves. We know.

And besides nice loving ladies who know how to correctly behave with men
there is such thing as adrenalin, challenge. We know that every gringo is considered here a target. We know that they want our life and our money. OK. Let them try. Let them throw their best shot. And then we execute ours.

It is so fulfilling and satisfying boy! To be winner. To win everyday game of survival.

Another Sosua day passed. I am still alive. They failed again. They lost! I won! I am winner. I am the King.
It`s cool boy to read their minds. To know why they approach you. To know their plans, words and intentions even B4 they open the mouth.

It is cool to be the winner. To survive each and every day in a place like Sosua. And as a sweet trophy to have a bed time company to die for.

I never said I hate Sosua. I LOVE it boy!!!

That's all I needed to hear.

Sosua is doomed!

Reactions: DavidZ
Status
Not open for further replies.