Another fine example of what kind of crap does politics in this country

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
The article says: La funcionaria explic? que los veh?culos que trasladan reos se accidentan con frecuencia porque circulan a alta velocidad.

Why don't they say porque nuestros conductores son imbeciles?

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
interesting article in el caribe today regarding violence associated with elections. in the last 26 years 200 people were killed during political campaigns. 1994 was the bloodiest, with 40 deaths. that was the year when pe?a gomez lost to balaguer in what was allegedly a very dirty and violent election. following that there were 16 deaths in 1996 (leonel won against pe?a gomez), 13 deaths in 2000 (hipolito won against danilo and balaguer) and 19 deaths in 2004 (leonel won in primera vuelta).

so far, 3 people were killed in this electoral process: mateo aquino febrillet (PRM, march), erasmo antonio medina and yeral p?rez y p?rez (both PLD, december).

the article: http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/03/15/conflictos-internos-partidos-tinen-sangre-campana

I have no idea what you people's standards are...but 200 political-campaign-related deaths over 26 years (I counted 8 national campaigns in that period) doesn't strike me as a HIGH number...Of course it would be much better to have ZERO political-campaign-related deaths over that period.

But 25 political-campaign-related deaths per national campaign in a country with 8-10 MILLION people (population varies over the years) is nothing to scandalize about.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Cut it out, will you?
Stop your shameless flame baiting through sweeping generalization and blatant stereotyping.

Too bad you are being allowed to get away with that.

Can you back up anything to the contrary? If not then it is obviously true.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Can you back up anything to the contrary? If not then it is obviously true.
What is obviously true?
That stereotyping and sweeping-generalizing is proper of flame-baiting retrograd bigots?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
It is beyond me why on earth this cr*p is allowed around here. These cowards hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet to blatantly insult millions of people without any retribution.
Completely unacceptable.

I lived in Dominican society for many years and spent much of my time blatantly insulting their driving without any hiding or retribution. Totally acceptable and so, Wrong again!

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
But 25 political-campaign-related deaths per national campaign in a country with 8-10 MILLION people (population varies over the years) is nothing to scandalize about.

Yeah, right. Germany 80 + MILLION 0 political-campaign-related deaths. Meanwhile in the oh so civilized DR... see above. Get that. You talkin' too much BS.