Another fine example of what kind of crap does politics in this country

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I lived in Dominican society for many years and spent much of my time blatantly insulting their driving without any hiding or retribution. Totally acceptable and so, Wrong again!
Are you unable to understand the difference between SOME, MOST, and ALL?
Or are you just a shameless retrograd bigot that intentionally ignores the difference?

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Virgo, just don't read this, go to colmado, drink Presidente, listen to bachata as loud as possible, relax. We are discussing Dominican sh1t here, and it can be painful for Dominicans to read this, so just don't read this.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Yeah, right. Germany 80 + MILLION 0 political-campaign-related deaths. Meanwhile in the oh so civilized DR... see above.

Like I said, it would be great if it was ZERO in 26 years instead of 200.

But 200 political-campaign-related deaths over 8 national campaigns in 26 years is nothing to SCANDALIZE about.

I am pretty sure some places do better but others do a lot worse than that.

Hey, in many places they don't even have political campaigns. They just fight nonstop, and the winner of the war (if any) is 'elected' with bullets (not ballots).

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Hey, in many places they don't even have political campaigns.

Right, in many places people are not that dumb to make those political caravans with that monkey "music" from crappy loudspeakers, traffic jams and gunfights.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Virgo, just don't read this.... We are discussing Dominican sh1t here, and it can be painful for Dominicans to read this, so just don't read this.

I did not know that moderation rules didn't apply as long as the victims of your insults was Dominican.

Like I said, are you unable to understand the difference between SOME, MOST, and ALL?
Or are you just a shameless retrograd bigot that intentionally ignores the difference?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Are you unable to understand the difference between SOME, MOST, and ALL?

No, but for the sake of conversation and debate, I like most people naturally use generalizations
(being the overwhelming majority) rather than stating 10 million individuals in name and cedula number
when referring to an opinion I hold of a population of people.
If I was to say Dominicans have brown skin, would you call me out?
I said it earlier but I had forgot how silly it can be having a discussion with Dominicans.:p

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Like I said, are you unable to understand the difference between SOME, MOST, and ALL?

We are not Dominicans, so you don't have to repeat the same text three times.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
No, but for the sake of conversation and debate, I like most people naturally use generalizations
(being the overwhelming majority) rather than stating 10 million individuals in name and cedula number
when referring to an opinion I hold of a population of people.
If I was to say Dominicans have brown skin, would you call me out?
I said it earlier but I had forgot how silly it can be having a discussion with Dominicans.:p
Hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet to defecate putridness on millions of people that you do not know is proper of one that is both a coward and a rotten bigot.

English and all languages allow people to make true statements without insulting millions for the actions of some.

Dominicans have brown skin is plain false. That is, a lie. SOME do.
SOME are indistinguishable from people from Europe.
SOME are indistinguishable from people from Central Africa.
And so on. 'Generalizing' is no excuse for lying.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I did not know that moderation rules didn't apply as long as the victims of your insults was Dominican.

No insults,, just probabilities. It's not a bad thing. My daughter is 50% Dominicana and I reckon there is a pretty
good chance I'll never have to buy her a car. That based on her being 50% Dominicana, and you need to pass a driving test over here.:classic:

It's all good!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, wud. now if only people could stay on the subject and post only about blas peralta case and electoral process that would be neat....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Maybe with HUG and Gringo Starr off the board for awhile, calmer heads will prevail

PS. Any posters from here on that are not on topic of post #1 will be deleted. They may also find themselves sitting in the corner. Dunce cap optional

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The mayor of our town lives directly across from us. He's PRD but is backing Danilo with the rest of his party. Yesterday there was a big rally at his house, impossible to ignore the speeches and music literally at our door. Some General running for something was giving the speeches. Thankfully no violence, but this thread came to mind. Our gate stayed closed except for a few moments when someone rang the bell to give us a hat and to ask Mr AE to come across to shake the General's hand.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my first hands on experience with dominican politics was during PRD rally in POP, several years ago. unknowingly, i parked my car nearby their HQ early in the morning and then watched the colourful and noisy event with much awe. when i was finally able to retrieve my car later that day i saw someone stole brand name tag from the back. seriously, who needs plastic CAPA sign? eh.