another nightclub closed in santiago

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The issue is reducing the International reputation that the DR has as a place
where whore mongers go.

I have met several ?mongers? who frequent this country thinking they are the king?s of
the Caribbean while speaking about the local women in a very negative way. Good riddance.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
"human trafficking" is deplorable but is definitely an overly used, trendy topic for the Elites.

Apr 7, 2014
Human trafficking in this instance only means one thing. The Dominican women are getting competition from other sources and that is what the government doesnt like.

They dont care about prostitution. They only care that the Dominicans are being rousted by Russians, Belarussians, Albanians, Venezuelans, Colombians and any one else who can be imported into the country. There is a local demand for those women because the Europeans are bonafide white women not bleach job blondes like you find in the salons every week.

Even the Pandering claim is because these other "international" women are earning more money because they work under a more organized plan.
They arent out there selling booty for 200 pesos. They ask 5 times as much and give better service.

Thats what the government doesnt want.

Apr 7, 2014
Does this mean we?re all gonna be stuck with the same lousey whores
giving the same lousey ass service? :cheeky:
Yep. The same lousy, LAZY ass women who would rather do nothing and get $ than put a 'hoe'-hearted effort. Remember Dominicans do everything better than everyone else even though they have nothing to show for it, ever.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It says "where they were allegedly forced into prostitution". hmmmmmmm

Don't know about that one.

Was thinking the same thing. Two sides to every story.
Would not be surprised if several of these ?rescued?women were
now extremely stressed out about possibly being sent back home
to Venezuela with little or no opportunity to support their families.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The War on Whores is not just in Sosua - Helios/Galaxy/Casa Blanca Santiago

Dominican and Venezuela officials bust prostitution ring and shutter motels

Santiago.- The Justice Ministry said Friday that it shuttered the sex motels Helios and Galaxy, owned by Juan Antonio Fernandez, who also operated the closed strip club Casa Blanca last May, charged with money laundering, human trafficking and possession of illegal weapons, and will be held for 18 months to await trial.

Anti-Money Laundering officials raided the motels located on the Duarte highway near La Vega (central) Thursday morning, and at 1pm closed the Helios, which has 56 cabanas and a restaurant. An unspecified time after, the officials said they also shuttered the Galaxy, which has 40 cabanas and a restaurant.

It also emerged yesterday that prosecutors try to locate other properties owned by Fernandez, from who the authorities last May seized US$800,000 and 11 million pesos in cash, luxury cars and guns of various calibers, during the raid at Casa Blanca, where officials ?rescued? 45 Colombian and Venezuelan women, presumably prostitutes.

On that occasion a Santiago Judicial District court sent Fern?ndez, Grismelda Amarilis Jolvert Merejo and Venezuelan Jose Ramirez to 18 months in prison, whereas Mary Magdalene Batista and Jairo Correa were released on RD$2.0 million bail each.

The group is charged with money laundering, human trafficking and weapons violation.

Santiago prosecutor Luisa Liranzo said Friday that the Venezuelan Johnny Eliexer Cordero Belisario, arrested by Interpol in a sting dubbed Spartacus III carried out in 25 countries, was being sought for his alleged link to club Casa Blanca.

A red alert for fugitives was issued for Cordero, wanted on charges of luring hundreds of Venezuelan and Colombian women to travel to the Dominican Republic where they were allegedly forced into prostitution.

Liranzo said Cordero was linked to 45 foreign women who were allegedly sexually exploited in Casa Blanca, adding that Santiago and Venezuelan prosecutors worked jointly to achieve his arrest. ?The Venezuelan and Dominican authorities are immersed in the prosecution of the accused under arrest.?

Source: DT

July 30, 2016

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I think the investors behind this movement should have to also invest in setting up Whorephanages across the country to provide food, shelter and education so they can find new careers.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I think the investors behind this movement should have to also invest in setting up Whorephanages across the country to provide food, shelter and education so they can find new careers.
Send a letter to the International Monetary Fund. Most likely much of the clean-up actions are a direct result of IMF Social Engineering mandates as a condition for future draws of the US$550 million balance to the DR gubmint for infrastructure projects. If one looks at various IMF finance agreements around the planet, "human trafficking" and "sexual exploitation of women" are some hot buttons currently in vogue.

Poor countries know what side of their toast is buttered.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Send a letter to the International Monetary Fund. Most likely much of the clean-up actions are a direct result of IMF Social Engineering mandates as a condition for future draws of the US$550 million balance to the DR gubmint for infrastructure projects. If one looks at various IMF finance agreements around the planet, "human trafficking" and "sexual exploitation of women" are some hot buttons currently in vogue.

Poor countries know what side of their toast is buttered.

You are probably correct, but I'd place a side bet that when those same IMF highcaflooting dudes were in Sosua they acted like many other men in Sosua without their wifeys.
Der Fish

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You are probably correct, but I'd place a side bet that when those same IMF highcaflooting dudes were in Sosua they acted like many other men in Sosua without their wifeys.
Der Fish
Could be.

Hypocrisy is a human fault we all possess.

No doubt IMF bureaucrats do, as humans. IF they went to Sosua alone, which I doubt. The more likely schmooze with the gubmint & CB elite when they drop into Santa Domingo for a couple of days.

Here is their Board of Governers, the folks who make the loans to the DR and other poor countries. Look like some bad boys & girls to me, just itching for a night at Classico's, huh...

IMF-governors2013_594x224px.jpg

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Could be.

Hypocrisy is a human fault we all possess.

No doubt IMF bureaucrats do, as humans. IF they went to Sosua alone, which I doubt. The more likely schmooze with the gubmint & CB elite when they drop into Santa Domingo for a couple of days.

Here is their Board of Governers, the folks who make the loans to the DR and other poor countries. Look like some bad boys & girls to me, just itching for a night at Classico's, huh...

IMF-governors2013_594x224px.jpg

The fourth guy in on the third row. I've seen him around Sosua with a nina on his arm!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

How many Whorephans would there be?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

To provide assistance to victims of sexual exploitation, the Specialized Prosecutor against the Smuggling of Migrants and Trafficking in Persons has a Victim Assistance Unit, and works in collaboration with several NGOs.

Bar? Guti?rrez explains that the Assistance Unit was created to Victims of Trafficking and Sexual Exploitation, which aims to strengthen the capacity of protection of children and adolescents PPTT in coordination with the National Council for Children and Adolescents.

These allow provide efficient assistance to survivors of trafficking or commercial sexual exploitation, whether children, adolescents or adults and their families.

Together these health services assessments, diagnostics and drug procurement, counseling, monitoring and evaluation and offered welcome step.

In addition, the regularization of immigration status if trafficked illegally, cover meals and tickets for attendance at hearings, interviews and evaluations covering technical courses and language classes and legal assistance.