*** Appliance, Furniture & Stuff Pricing ***

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
A friend of mine who lives in DR wants me to send him some digital cameras or other electronics that he would be able to sell in DR for a profit. He's struggling with a low paying factory job and I'm also not much able to help him since I've been out of work (and not eligible for unemployment) for about 2 months.

He claims that the markup is HUGE on electronics in particular. I found that to be true when I visited, but I was just observing, not paying very close attention. I wanted to send a few cameras that I would buy here from $60 to maybe $90, but only if he would be able to make enough from each sale to make it worth it. Maybe a different electronic item would be better? Anyone have ideas? The person we would send it with is leaving later this week. A catalog from DR showing digital cameras would be terrific! He lives in the Zona Oriental (Tres Brazos) in Santo Domingo Este... most folks he would be selling it to would go to the MegaCentro to buy such items normally.

Many thanks!!!

The digital cameras that they have in DR are craps! They are outdated and very pricey!

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
@ Ferreteria Americana on Kennedy in SD

New GE gas dryer at Radio Centro across from the Listin Diario (Calle Paseo De Los Periodistas?) = RD$16,500 delivered next day to Arroyo Hondo. LPG kit plus install not included.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks for re-posting the pics, socuban.

Click on the thumbnails to see the full-sized photos.

italianchulo

Jan 14, 2009
looking for information on dish washing machines. Where to get a good deal on one and someone who would deliver to Villa Mella email me at vf1212 at hotmail.com

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
Best deals on TV's in SD anyone?

WHERE IS BEST PRICES ON NEW OR USED TV's if slightly used exists.

also looking for a large plug in portable style tabletop oven

thelady

Dec 16, 2007
Where in sousa would be a good place to buy reasonably good quaily beds and mattresses that are not to expensive, I nee a set of bunkbeds and another double bed.

M

MirianAmor

Flat screen TV

Where is the best pace to buy one 42"? It seems like they want double what I can pay in US.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Where is the best pace to buy one 42"? It seems like they want double what I can pay in US.

Double than what discounters offer in the US, is actually almost a great deal around here and most likely to be cheaper than trying to sneak on by our hungry customs agents.
I consistently see the best deals on flat screens at PriceMart (Santiago or Santo Domingo). Sometimes one has to have a little patience... the good deals come and go.

... J-D.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Sofabed

I guess this is the right place to ask.

Where is the best place to buy a new or used good quality sofabed. in or near Santiago?

Thanks

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Where can I find a good deal on a propane clothes dryer? Used would be just fine...