ARAJET

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
There is a small office off to the left hand side, facing the agents at immigration at SDQ. Two times in the past year I was told, after my passport was stamped, "go to that office and come back here". Why?

Why didn't you ask? Clearly there is some issue with your immigration status if they keep pulling you for a secondary check

Reactions: JD Jones

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Why didn't you ask? Clearly there is some issue with your immigration status if they keep pulling you for a secondary check
Your right...but I suppose it was bc I asked the agent to find space somewhere in the passbook other than the inside back cover to stamp. I told her I had at meeting with the embassy end of June to get a new book on expitrd service. She nodded her head... only to say show the passport in the office.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
June 26, 2023
Victor Pacheco (founder and president of ARAJET) in Pesos Pesados.

PS. The podcast is in Spanish, but English subtitles can be turn on via CC.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Santo Domingo.- Arajet launched a campaign to welcome the summer and encourage tourism, starting with routes from US$73 per way, including taxes.

Victor Pacheco Mendez, CEO and founder of Arajet, explained that the summer initiative is part of the airline’s strategy of three fundamental pillars:

To make it possible for more Dominicans to fly, increase tourist arrivals to the Dominican Republic and consolidate our country as the new hub connecting North, Central, South America, and the Caribbean.

“With the new routes that we recently launched, passengers traveling between São Paulo and Mexico City or Cancun will have through Arajet the most efficient, fastest, and best-priced connection in the market, which benefits not only those destinations but also Santo Domingo as a Hub that connects our continent, he said.

Arajet’s summer campaign, which starts at 73 dollars including taxes, includes routes from Santo Domingo to San Salvador, Quito, Guayaquil, Bootá, Cartagena, Barranquilla, São Paulo, and vice versa, as well as the Lima to Santo Domingo route, which starts at 93 dollars each way including taxes; and the Santiago de los Caballeros to Medellín route beginning at 87 dollars, and the Medellín to Santiago de los Caballeros route starting at 133 dollars.

As explained through a press release, the flights are available for purchase until June 25 and for travel from July 20, 2023, to March 2024, with the caveat that these prices are subject to a limited number of seats and availability of the flights on its website.

WOW $73? Thats dirty cheap!

Reactions: cavok

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Victor Pacheco says in the interview that the idea for creating a low cost airline came from two guys from Iceland that he met at a restaurant in SD and they were in the country with the intention of creating a DR based low cost airline. Why? One of the guys (Pacheco calls him "the Viking") was the founder of a low cost carrier based in Iceland and they have flights to the rest of Europe at ridiculously low prices and are still profitable. He noticed that he has an airline with 100 airplanes in Iceland, which has about 500,000 people, while the DR has a population of 11 million and no low cost carrier, plus very expensive flights.

All the airplanes of Arajet are not just new, but they have the most fuel economy of any other similar airplanes. That means the operating cost of Arajet for any given route is much less than those competing airlines and that is one of the reasons it can offer cheaper fares.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think he mentions what airline the guy has in Iceland, but I don't remember the name.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Sounds like Arajet might have a model that finally works. I would use Punta Cana airport though.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I bet not many people get tickets at that price.
Well I can tell you those that do not get it is because didnt buy on time, always the offers are limited seat, I got the tickets to Sao Paulo 190.30 plus 152.96 taxes,
and 122.96 for Carry on, selected one seat returning and travel assist insurance for a total of 465.84. Also Booked one ticket for 152.00 rt to San Salvador to travel next year a 4 days trip traveling with personal item.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Recently, I booked JetBlue POP -JFK
$125 plus taxes/seat selection etc
One way
Deals are there if you look
If you are smart you get the offers, the trick is first to have clear when you will travel, just right when they announce the cheapest fares open for sales book it and do not wait because always the seats are limited and if you think too much when you want book those seats gone. My brother was booking on sunday a flight to JFK on Jetblue website for 372.00 USD and when the webside was processing the payment its cancelled because the price changed.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Does Arajet fly to La Habana ?
Not Yet, and to fly there they will have to make special deal with Cuban goverment because the Skies agreement between Cuba and Dominican Republic only allow to fly 2 airlines from each country and no more than 14 flights per week and we already have 2 airlines flying to Cuba, Sky High Dominicana and Air Century.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Not Yet, and to fly there they will have to make special deal with Cuban goverment because the Skies agreement between Cuba and Dominican Republic only allow to fly 2 airlines from each country and no more than 14 flights per week and we already have 2 airlines flying to Cuba, Sky High Dominicana and Air Century.
No more Cubana airlines between Santo Domingo and Havana ? The old Russian airplanes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
No more Cubana airlines between Santo Domingo and Havana ? The old Russian airplanes.
I used to fly the Russian Yak 42's from Nassau to Havana many years ago. The Captain greeted the boarding passengers smoking a Cigar. They assigned seats as you boarded according to your weight. When we landed in Havana in one piece there was a big ovation..............

Reactions: aarhus and Riva_31

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I used to fly the Russian Yak 42's from Nassau to Havana many years ago. The Captain greeted the boarding passengers smoking a Cigar. They assigned seats as you boarded according to your weight. When we landed in Havana in one piece there was a big ovation..............
Before all the problems they used to cancell a lot the flights too.

Reactions: aarhus