ARAJET

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I think Arajet has quite strong links to the UK. There is a British guy who was a money man in the City of London and he is the brains behind the money. The company also seems to be registered in the UK and most of its directors are British. I think Pacheco is a front man, but clearly there's quite a lot of brainpower behind him. (And at last he has learnt how to dress more like a CEO).

Reactions: AlaPlaya

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
New promotion going on now, just found this on Facebook:

Summer is hereeeee
🏝️
Do you know what that means? You have the opportunity to “reset” or “refresh” your mind and body. Leave problems and monotony behind because what better way to start the summer than refreshing by flying?
☀️
✈️
😎

🚨
👀
IMPORTANT REMEMBER: You will be able to view the spectacular base rate from $14.99 USD PRICE PER SEGMENT in the FINAL breakdown + taxes (price may vary according to your needs and flight availability)
👈
😉

*Fare does not include taxes, fees and handling charges. Limited number of seats at this price on each flight. Available for purchase from June 27, 2023 to July 02, 2023, and for travel from August 1, 2023 to March 31, 2024. Terms & conditions are also be applicable.

For more information visit our legal bases at arajet.com

356247179_280303341210454_4831580287416924016_n.jpg

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Arajet seems successful and expanding. I wonder if they start buying the other airlines like Sky Cana or Sky airlines. But I bet nobody wants Red Air.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Arajet has now green light to fly to Cuba, yesterday was signed an update of the air agreement between Cuba and Dominican Republic dated in 2005 that stated only 2 airlines from each country ara authorized to fly, and from Dominican side was already cover by Ari Century and Sky High. With the new update signed stated that all airlines from both countries can open flights for passengers, Cargo and mailing. So Im sure soon we will heard about Arajet opening sales for flights to Cuba.

Reactions: aarhus

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Amazing, a Communist country under a dictatorship which has an embargo from the US is easier to deal with than complicate everything Uncle Sam. :unsure:

Reactions: SKY

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Amazing, a Communist country under a dictatorship which has an embargo from the US is easier to deal with than complicate everything Uncle Sam. :unsure:
Why do the US ? If they become a hub in the DR/Caribbean then AA and the US carriers will connect with them. Cuba would be very lucrative this way.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Santo Domingo – Arajet, the low-price airline of the Caribbean maintains its leadership position as the Dominican airline that transports the most passengers, exceeding 143,000 from January to May 2023, according to figures shared by the Civil Aviation Board.

"With much gratitude for the support of our passengers, we continue to lead the Dominican skies," said Víctor Pacheco, CEO and founder of Arajet. “With new routes very close to opening to Canada and South America, and offering 44 connections in 10 countries in our network, we have turned the Dominican Republic into the new low-price hub in the region, and we will continue contributing to the entry of tourists to the country. he assured.

Arajet maintains a solid first place in passenger transport in the Dominican Republic followed by Sky High with 39,096, and Air Century with 21,591 in the same period from January to May 2023.

To celebrate this milestone, Arajet extends its summer promotion, offering only today and tomorrow flights from USD15 each way to San José, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico City and Cancun; from USD81 each way to travel to Medellín, Cartagena, Barranquilla and Bogotá, and the new connection from our two destinations in Mexico to Sao Paulo, Brazil from USD139, to fly from August 1 to March 31, 2024. All promotional tickets are available at www.arajet.com

About Arajet:

Arajet is the first low-cost airline in the Caribbean region that began operations in September 2022 from its base at Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo under its Dominican Republic air operator certificate (AOC). Arajet operates a new fleet of Boeing 737MAX-8 aircraft that provide safe and affordable travel to and from the Dominican Republic to various destinations in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.Arajet.com .

Reactions: cavok

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Curious if anyone on DR1 has flown on Arajet? Sorry if I missed seeing any post that someone did.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I was looking for SDQ to Mexico City. The lowest base price I could find was $36.00 but when you add taxes it was $168.69 one way. Checking a bag would be extra in this fare class (their lowest basic fare).

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I was looking for SDQ to Mexico City. The lowest base price I could find was $36.00 but when you add taxes it was $168.69 one way. Checking a bag would be extra in this fare class (their lowest basic fare).
So $132.69 just for tax itself? Ouch. I wish they could cut that in half as promotion, it would be so cool!

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
$169 one-way to Mexico City is extremely cheap. Airport taxes flying out of the DR are expensive. Nothing Arajet can do about that.