Bachata gets US citizenship

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Immigration lawyers should all be locked up,

Filling any immigration forms are way much easier than feeling some tax forms yet nobody pays 8500 bucks to have their taxes done.

I know in Falls Church, VA there are places such as the Comite Latino, Hispanos Unidos, etc, that helps latinos with all their legal forms fillings and also translations. They also do birth certificates translations to english, and notary services for very small fees.

google them

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
congrats and best of luck jj. felicia and i send our love and good wishes to both you and your family from the DR (here for another 10 days :) ) ben

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
JJ, Delores and I are both very happy for you and for Rocio.
Earl
Thanks Earl,

Rocio and I are both very grateful to yourself and Delores for the support you gave us and the encouraging words thruout the years. With both your help I was able to come to the USA. Forever your friends!

Earl and Delores with Crystal when we first met on one of your visits to the DR, in front of our house..
Picture553.jpg

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
congrats and best of luck jj. felicia and i send our love and good wishes to both you and your family from the DR (here for another 10 days :) ) ben

Thanks Benjamin for your friendship here in NC.

Visit to Benjamin & Felicias house in Atlantic NC

Picture021.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture044.jpg

JJ

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008
Just wondering. I have an employee who insists she needs to pay an attorney. He has quoted her a fee of $8500 including all filing fees. This sounds high to me so I checked another immigration attorney. His fee was almost the same. I'd hate to tell her that she should do it herself and it get screwed up though.

If she doesn't have a criminal record she can do it without a lawyer. It only cost $680.00 and the form is very easy to fill out. USCIS - N-400, Application for Naturalization Many people like to use lawyers because they think it a very hard process but citizenship is easy to acquire if you have no criminal record.

danely

Apr 23, 2004
Congratulations Bachata !...and I want to thank you for the great referral to Yohan and his professional transportation services. He picked me up at the aiport in Santiago and and drove me safely to Sosua a few weeks ago. He is extremely professional, honest, and a very nice guy, with a perfectly maintained and safe car. I plan to submit a post about him on the Best of DR forum.......thanks again, I will always call him for transportaion in the future.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Congratulations, JJ, well done. Do vote....sometimes it feels good!

HB

Gracias Luis, tu eres una de esas escasas personas que a cambio de nada siempre me has brindado apoyo en mis proyectos.

Mis Bendiciones para ti, Do?a Asuncion y toda la familia.

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Question.

I have a small Dominican flag posted in my car. Should I keep it or save it in my house after I became an American citizen?

JJ

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I have a small Dominican flag posted in my car. Should I keep it or save it in my house after I became an American citizen?

That would be a personal choice for you. If you have had no problems displaying it in the past then it should still be acceptable.
From an outsider's point of view (not mine, I do not have a problem with it) many Americans find it disrespectful. "They" have the attitude that you should be all about American pride now and not Dominican pride.
Do what you think is right. What do your friends think about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I'll save it in a safe place of my house.

thanks for your answer.

JJ

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011

JJ

~Congratulations on your citizenship~

And display what you want...you are an American Citizen now and you have your "First amendment Rights" display your Dominican Flag its part of your heritage....we are all part of the "Melting Pot" here in the US....hey you reside in North Carolina...I bet you see many a rebel flag on other vehicles....wear your colors with pride...all of them...best of luck to you~

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
HB: Don't tell him to vote...you know he's going to be voting for Newt Gingrich thinking he can maybe get a "botella". :p

Anyhow Congratulations brother!!!!!

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Hi, JJ congrats. on your good fortune, you said you got it after 3.5 years, i thought that it was after five.
The biggest advantage to your new status is that you can apply for Government jobs or with Government contractors.
Looking at your picture you look like a gringo already.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010

JJ

Keep it in the car, get another small US flag and put it near it if you're feeling like displaying your pride over your US citizenship. It'll always be your heritage no matter what citizenship you get.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Just drop the flags all together, your pride doesn't necessarily have to be displayed (especially in cars !!) :)

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
That would be a personal choice for you. If you have had no problems displaying it in the past then it should still be acceptable.
From an outsider's point of view (not mine, I do not have a problem with it) many Americans find it disrespectful. "They" have the attitude that you should be all about American pride now and not Dominican pride.
Do what you think is right. What do your friends think about it?

I think this is regional. As in here in TX, we see a lot of Mexico plates and flags. When I see a Dominican (very seldom) or Puerto Rican flag (more often) I just want to jump for joy and follow them! (little stalkerish I know). I also tend to notice when I see the stickers on the back of cars for countries in in Europe--maybe because it's a novelty.

It is a personal choice, but if he's had them there before, for me I don't see how the citizenship changes his Dominican pride.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
That was the original idea, to identify my self on the go with dominicans and this to make more friends here in NC.

JJ