Bachelor Party Advice

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
flights are going to cost what....$600? If that is true, then your budget is too low

I think OP is in Florida, if they get a cheap Spirit flight out of Fort Lauderdale it can be done. They fly into Santiago, Santo Domingo and Punta Cana.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Keep in mind that Puerto Plata, Sosua and Cabarete are all relatively close to one another, and should be considered as a single region with easily accessible towns.

Puerto Plata is a larger town, but far less touristy. The Playa Dorado and Costa Dorado areas have a lot of older AIs, none of which I'd be in a rush to recommend.

Sosua is sort of geared for bachelor parties. If you can't find what you're looking for there, it probably doesn't exist on the island, lol.

Cabarete has a great beach, and is more sports-oriented. That time of year, you'll see no shortage of cute euro girls doing the kitesurfing thing.

Punta Cana is beautiful, and has a fun party scene. LOTS of AIs, and way more family oriented than the other spots.

I'd suggest renting villas, as they give you more space and privacy for about the same per person as a nicer hotel room. Make sure everyone is clear on the rules (use common sense, NO DRUGS, etc.,) be safe, and have fun!

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
If you plan on renting condos, please be honest with the property manager and tell him what you intend to do for the Bachelor party. A good condo complex worth is weights in salt won't be happy with a 8-10 guy bachelor party living it up. Look into a villa, for the New Garden Hotel, or Seacrest in Sosua. I have never stayed there but that's that two party single guy hotels. Both in walking distance to everything.
Don't even think about blackbeards. Nice to visit for a couple of hours, not for an extended stay for 30 year old men. From Fla, you can have a blast with $1200. If you watch your daily spending.
Good luck, and don't buy drugs , check id's for age, and use common sense and have a great trip.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Just go Sosua and up your budget a bit more Sosua is banging from Thursday to Sunday the girls will be out willing to party at your bachelors party you don't need transportation as you can walk everywhere the clubs restaurants and bars are all close and there are some good affordable hotels.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
In Sosua you can get a BBQ chicken (and side), bottle of Brugal and a decent looking chica for $45-$50 USD per day.

And that's paying retail with no haggling.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
In Sosua you can get a BBQ chicken (and side), bottle of Brugal and a decent looking chica for $45-$50 USD per day.

And that's paying retail with no haggling.

Single life would be so much cheaper than being married. I need to speak to my accountant about this.

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
If I were to have a Bachelor Party on the North Coast, I would...

Search AirBnB, Homeaway etc. for a villa. Nothing too nice, in an older gated community.
Post on the Everything Cabarete and Everything Sosua Facebook Pages asking for:
A taxi that can pick you up at the Airport in Santiago, and return you. This taxi would also be your driver for the entire stay. Negotiate a price for the week.
A maid to clean the villa, if one is not included.
A chef to do all the grocery shopping, and cook dinners for you stay.
I would rent a couple four wheelers, that'd be fun, you can also ask about this on FB.
Over a week, I'd probably spend two nights partying in Sosua, two nights in Cabarete, and 3 nights at the villa
If prostitues were going to be a thing, I would NOT allow them to come to the villa. I would rent an apartment close to Sosua (cheap, maybe $200 for the week), and kick her out the second my business had concluded.
Do a couple tours through one of the operator, Iguana Mamma, and spend any empty time at the numerous beaches.

Tell ya what, invite me and I'll plan it all out for ya!