Bachelor Party Advice

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
In Sosua you can get a BBQ chicken (and side), bottle of Brugal and a decent looking chica for $45-$50 USD per day.

And that's paying retail with no haggling.
That sounds scary for $50. I guess you really do get what you pay for. :confused:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
That sounds scary for $50. I guess you really do get what you pay for. :confused:

it sounds scary because most gringos do not know the true cost of poon tang. they are paying 2500 pesos to girls who are getting 500 pesos from locals. homegrown players are getting trim for platos del dia. motoconcho guys who transport the barrio bunnies around are getting it for a few rides. then guys come here from NA and Europe, and start throwing 100 dollar bills around like the thing was going out of style.

Marcion is right. 50 bucks can do it, if you know what you are doing. poon should not cost you more than a grand.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
A grand, well maybe if you are a "Local Gringo" and throw in an Helados Bon and bag of chips!
I can faintly hear the keys rattling on AE's key chain as I type this, LOL!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You wont have any fun with 800 U.S
Can you even get a round trip ticket for that ?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A bachelor party (by its very definition) in the the DR or any foreign country is a train wreck waiting to happen. To go to Vegas. At least this way when you fall out a window you are still in the US.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
A grand, well maybe if you are a "Local Gringo" and throw in an Helados Bon and bag of chips!
I can faintly hear the keys rattling on AE's key chain as I type this, LOL!

many years ago, when Crystals was still kicking butt, every guy with half a brain would do the same thing....we would let the rubes blow their money on the chicas, buying them overpriced drinks, and lavishing tips on them. we would just wait until the joint closed, and the girls were coming out the door, and pick them up for fire sale prices. they were asking the hayseeds for 3500 pesos inside, but they knew that nobody was giving them more than 1500 outside. they had the option of taking a grand or going home broke.

don?t get carried away by how fine they are. some of the finest girls you will meet in a club tonight were working in a dive last night. same poon...it did not get any better than it was last week.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
it sounds scary because most gringos do not know the true cost of poon tang. they are paying 2500 pesos to girls who are getting 500 pesos from locals. homegrown players are getting trim for platos del dia. motoconcho guys who transport the barrio bunnies around are getting it for a few rides. then guys come here from NA and Europe, and start throwing 100 dollar bills around like the thing was going out of style.

Marcion is right. 50 bucks can do it, if you know what you are doing. poon should not cost you more than a grand.
No kidding, I just thought it would be higher. It's not my thing to do, but nice to learn something new. I knew the tourist grossly over paid, but I never thought it was that inexpensive for local gringos. Gracias.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
No kidding, I just thought it would be higher. It's not my thing to do, but nice to learn something new. I knew the tourist grossly over paid, but I never thought it was that inexpensive for local gringos. Gracias.

it is that inexpensive, if you know how to shop. a lot of the beautiful looking girls you will run into on Pedro Clisante come from Bonao, and Constanza, and La Romana. they all come to other towns broke. some of them start out working in dives like Rio Verde and places like those. most of the time the girls there look like the back of a bus, but every now and again you run into some stunners. they are getting 500 pesos at those places, because no Dominican guy who makes 5000 pesos per month is giving any girl 1000 for a roll in the sack, when he can go to the river on any given afternoon and bang some girl behind a tree for 300.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
SEND ME A "PM" WITH YOU EMAIL address.
Ill send you the monthly newsletter for MAY from blackbeardsadultresort.com in Costambar.(near puerto plata airport)
Double rooms are 120 us a night, or 60 bucks each.
Lots of girls on site.
Guys there from all races, mostly American, lots of fire fighters, and police.
As has been said, the girls are "color blind", just see GREEN!!!!!

It will be perfect for your party!!!!
They even have a room to store your golf clubs during your stay.
Guys tell their wives it's a "Golfing Vacation"!!!!
Every guest gets a"HOLE-IN-ONE",...OR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
Cris Colon

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Do a google search for ISOC. You will find all of your answers there. Mind you, some of the same people here giving you the same answers. LOL

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
SEND ME A "PM" WITH YOU EMAIL address.
Ill send you the monthly newsletter for MAY from blackbeardsadultresort.com in Costambar.(near puerto plata airport)
Double rooms are 120 us a night, or 60 bucks each.
Lots of girls on site.
Guys there from all races, mostly American, lots of fire fighters, and police.
As has been said, the girls are "color blind", just see GREEN!!!!!

It will be perfect for your party!!!!
They even have a room to store your golf clubs during your stay.
Guys tell their wives it's a "Golfing Vacation"!!!!
Every guest gets a"HOLE-IN-ONE",...OR MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
Cris Colon

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

i see you gave me a dislike for my posts in this thread.

i guess they made you realize that you are just another sucker overpaying for monty...even though guys who don?t know better believe that you are some trim meister.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Why, oh why do you folks work so hard at discouraging new visitors to the Dominican Republic?

The OP stated MIA or FLL departure and return and there are plenty of weekend flights, nonstop on Spirit from FLL-SDQ for under $300 R/T. So they take a 4 day weekend and spend 3 nights in Santo Domingo for $60/ night and we're not even up to $500 total yet.

With airfare and lodging taken care of, a budget of $100-$150 per night will provide the revelers with their fill of local food and beverage, ground transportation, pedicures, manicures, full hour Swedish massage (or Haitian) and <ahem> Dominican entertainment and they are guaranteed to have a weekend to remember for less than $1K each, total spent. You can't get that kind of fun in Las Vegas for twice as much.

They'll even have money left for souvenirs. Some of y'all need to stop trying to hog up all the fun.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
i see you gave me a dislike for my posts in this thread.

i guess they made you realize that you are just another sucker overpaying for monty...even though guys who don?t know better believe that you are some trim meister.

'gorgon",...GET OVER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
My post has nothing to do with YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS MY RESPONSE TO THE "OP".
You might try responding to the "OP,s" questions on the threads here on DR1, and not just hurling insults to those of us who do.

Just so you can sleep tonight, I went back and,..."LIKED"your posts, feel better now????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Great INFO FROM A GUY WHO LIVES IN THE USA, and hasn't been to the DR in years!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Years? Pfffft. I've got more Dominican exit and entry stamps on my passport than you and a few are less than a year old.

If what you don't know was solid matter we could fill the Atlantic with it and drive between DC and Santo Domingo.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I want to get a job where you are employed.
Just spend all day reading and posting on DR1.

My last entry stamp was 2 Dec,2012, that's my point, I LIVE HERE, you visit every 5 years!!!!

That's "OK", YOU HAVE THE "OFF TOPIC FORUM" TO PONTIFICATE ON.
Stick to it!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Gorgon these guys will be fresh to Sosua and will not get extranjero prices remember also factor in the Shock and Awe of having 20 girls come up to you and offer you their services money will fly out of their wallet!!!! Or what CC says go to Blackbeards and chill and there is no haggling there I believe also you have the other place near Playa Dorada Field of Dreams either eway they gotta up their budget a few hunnit !!!!!