Back from Sosua, wowwwwwwwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2005
well Ill chime in.. I am not sure I would call those women in the photos "beautifull"

the first is cute , the other were plain.

But I saw a haitian woman in Santiago walking the street begging ..kinda...with a young child in her arms...that had the most perfect skin, and an UN believable figure, and she was gorgeous..although her hair was a mess.....she was so attractive she could have been bald..

NOT that bald cant be attractive ha ha ha hint hint hint

I think for Sosua a lot of guys will say more women are attractive..JUST because they know they are obtainable... and are not ugly.

big difference from being beautiful......

of all the nights i have gone out in Sosua..I think i see maybe ONE VERY attractive woman a night......but I see a lot of decent looking women....

but hey the guy had a blast and he wont get sankietified!!!

EVERYONE IS HAPPY HA HA

BAD BOB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Youshould all know that PT Barnum would have loved Sos?a: "There's a sucker born every minute!!"

"Special girl"....yeay...uh huh.....

HB

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Bad Rap

As usual Sosua is getting an unjustified bad rap. Not everyone lives that life here. There are MANY alternatives. It is a beautiful place, and I wouldn't trade it for Santiago or SDQ or Juan Dolio or Punta Cana or Samana or Barahaona; et al. Sosua is an easy target for naysayers, but like any target, it depends on who is throwing the dart. Just a point.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
It is possible that many people would not enjoy living in the countryside as we do.... but we love it!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The most beautiful girl I've seen in the DR is a haitian that is the receptionist at the pirates refuge, a $30 per night hotel in the colonial district in Santo Domingo, and no she is not a ho. My wife also th.ough she was very beautiful

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I think he was because they are beautiful!!!

For the record, I was being sarcastic. Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon and Lela Rochon (AKA "Sunshine") are extraordinarily beautiful women of Haitian descent.

You can't generalize about an entire race or nationality of people. As a fellow black man, Kyle should know better.

theman

Aug 25, 2008
I think for Sosua a lot of guys will say more women are attractive..JUST because they know they are obtainable... and are not ugly.

big difference from being beautiful......

of all the nights i have gone out in Sosua..I think i see maybe ONE VERY attractive woman a night......but I see a lot of decent looking women....

Sorry, when I said beautiful, I never said flawless or gorgeous, I meant decent looking, I just havent found too many ugly woman in Sosua.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Black is Beautiful!!
2m6wmcg.gif

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
You can't generalize about an entire race or nationality of people. As a fellow black man, Kyle should know better.

it was my opinion, not a generalization. if it was taken that way, well you need to work that out yourself....

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
i just got back from sosua last week and love it. but i paid 234 pesos for a pequena and a juice from a known restuarant highway robbery

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
i just got back from sosua last week and love it. but i paid 234 pesos for a pequena and a juice from a known restuarant highway robbery

Which one?

Don't forget many places charge tax, you may have only been ripped off by under a $1!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
it would be more helpful if you name the place .....as it stands your post isnt really helping anyone

i wonder how much a pint of lager costs in the yU.K now

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

That's about seven bucks, the cost of a beer in a bar in Atlanta. In a breakfast restaurant, jugo will set you back about 3.50. Both prices are pre tax and tip.

I know, it's the principle of the thing, but keep in mind that 1) you're on vacation 2) in the caribbean 3) where most prices on most islands are double what they are back home 4) and that beer and jugo was (or should have been) most likely enjoyed watching a sun set over a beautiful bay 5) in the company of someone you could have only dreamed of being with back at home.

All in all, not a bad deal....

DRob:glasses:

May 12, 2005
Don't feel bad about being overcharged. Think of it as "spreading the wealth around". Obviously you are a "rich" gringo, so you needed to subsidize those who aren't "rich" with your hard earned money. No wonder DRob doesn't seemed to be bothered by this. :rolleyes:

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Don't feel bad about being overcharged. Think of it as "spreading the wealth around". Obviously you are a "rich" gringo, so you needed to subsidize those who aren't "rich" with your hard earned money. No wonder DRob doesn't seemed to be bothered by this. :rolleyes:

Tsk, tsk, Frank.

As a moderator, you should be aware that of the rules about carrying issues over into other unrelated threads.

We can discuss your issues with understanding basic tax policy and the dangers of watching too much Fox News in the appropriate thread.

Last edited:

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
I have to agree with Dafishguy on this one

I was in Sosua from October 11th to oct. 18th, don?t even know where to start, the trip of my life, I will definitely go back. I was staying at Casa Marina, the reason why is that I had a deal from Canada, 750$ Flight and Hotel, ok cant bring back company inside the hotel, but food and alcohol was included. First day I went to visit La Passion (for those who knows that place, don?t need to give detail) , after later at night we went to Classico, I had a great time (since I dance Bachata and Salsa ) then I left the place in great company. The rest of the week was similar, going to the public beach with some beautiful ladies, made some friends down there (the fact that I speak Creole fluently help me a lot, coz a lot of Haitian down there) they let me use their bike as much as I want without asking me any money. Same for the woman, many people would pay for good company, well I was lucky enough to stay in good company all the time without having to spend much money, just buy food ect. Only went to one small cabana once, all the other time, girl would take me to their place. I also went to Fun City, had a great time, Go-Kart goes really fast when you tip the guy there. Went to Cabarete too, nice place, but I prefer Sosua. Went to eat at Rocky?s twice, wow, it is true, never had Rib like that in my life, not only the best in DR, but the best in the world.

You guys that rant and rave about the girls of Sosua being so beautiful. You are lucky no one stabbed you with a knife, or drugged you and stole your lap top and robbed you. I love a beautiful girl here and she has great friends and relatives, but she is not one of them. Most of the street girls start out because they are poor with kids, and see no way out. They end up with some asshole pimp running them and teaching them to rob fools like you. They despise you to the core for the most part. Don't kid yourself. You are a fool. I was once a fool so I can talk. I am glad you had a good week. It was probably easier to take money from you than to steal it. So you got off lucky.

Reactions: bigbird

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
And I was thinking about taking the kids to Sosua.............NOT NOW!!!!
SHALENA

swooperman

Oct 10, 2007
I talked Shalena

She said she would come . I didn't mean to scare her away. Tourists are safe as anywhere and I have never heard of kids having problems here. I love the DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.