"Bad" Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
la_barbie said:
yea.... same with mine... then i start callin them that ;) hehehe
I prefer puto....but usually when i say it, it doesn't have the same meaning. I find when i swear or say bad words in spanish that I don't mean them as much as when i say them in english.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Where is 'ripio' on the rudeness scale?

Actually, 'ripio' is very derogatory, and is used to refer to a 'shred' or something 'useless'.

Maricon IS the real word for homosexual in The DR.

'bugarr?n' and 'cundango' have a certain affectionate ring in some quarters, the hindquarters ;)

star25

Oct 11, 2004
Hey Trina

what does "no me jodes" mean
i hear my nieber saying that to her kids everyday
thanks

Nov 5, 2004
star25 said:
Hey Trina

what does "no me jodes" mean
i hear my nieber saying that to her kids everyday
thanks

It means "don't bother me..."

And if you want to edit your post you can instead of having to make a new post to fix it ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Literally it means something a little less delicate. ;) Like 'co?o', in the DR 'joder' has all but lost its literal meaning, but really should be avoided in polite company.

'No me molestes' would be the clean version.

Peaches, earlier in the thread you remarked that there are no such pitfalls in English. I refer you to the English person who went to the US and tried to 'bum a fag'. :eek: Among other things.

Nov 5, 2004
Chirimoya said:
Literally it means something a little less delicate. ;) Like 'co?o', in the DR 'joder' has all but lost its literal meaning, but really should be avoided in polite company.

Peaches, earlier in the thread you remarked that there are no such pitfalls in English. I refer you to the English person who went to the US and tried to 'bum a fag'. :eek: Among other things.

HAHAH
my friend from England asked me this and looked puzzlede as I had a 10 minute laughing fit...
BUM A FAG :D:D:D:D:D
hahaha
sorry still cracks me up though I know what it means now...

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Chirimoya said:

I have the answer to peache'z "bum a fag" .... poor peachez sits and drinks wine at the computer and starts thinking of some bizarre combination of words and than types away ....

Don't worry Peachez .... stock up on the wine in August and we'll try to "bum a fag" one night.... can't wait for that one .... lol those will be some pics to REALLY post lol !

Nov 5, 2004
la_barbie said:
I have the answer to peache'z "bum a fag" .... poor peachez sits and drinks wine at the computer and starts thinking of some bizarre combination of words and than types away ....

Don't worry Peachez .... stock up on the wine in August and we'll try to "bum a fag" one night.... can't wait for that one .... lol those will be some pics to REALLY post lol !

Hey..baby..I dont swing that way...LOL

yes some of my weirder posts come from late at night when I drink all the free endless bottels of homemade wine..but I gotta stock up for the DR when I will have to pay for it all :D

I love Dominicans who have learned english from someone in th UK!!!!!!! :D they talk the best!! :D

windrifter

Dec 29, 2004
"Bum a Fag"

:glasses: Having been born and brought up in Toronto, Canada the expression "bum a fag" is a familiar expression. It was commonly used at one time and most of you older folks probably recognize it. For those of you who don't know the meaning of this slang expression let me enlighten you. Contrary to what you may be imagining it simply means "can I borrow a cigarette" Some of to-days slang expressions are equally confusing and could cause a blush or two if you don't keep up with the current vernacular . Sure did make me laugh though picturing the look on some of your faces when hearing this one if you hadn't heard it before. It does conjure up a pretty picture. lol.
Elizabeth :classic: :laugh:

YaniKK

Jun 5, 2005
Bad words

[
Here's a couple I didn't see in this thread.

Nema: with the little accent atop the "N" means the penile head in Dominican bad words. Can also be used as Mama Nema which is extremely offensive.

Fleje: Another word equivalent to "Bitc"

Payaso: A fool or someone who is very annoying.

Hijo de la gran puta: Just like son of a bitc* but a bit more offensive since it takes so long to say. By the time your done saying it the receipent will definitely be pissed off.

Fujin: This is an old-school term to refer someone as an A$$.

La Cebolla: Normally not a bad word at all if used as a food since it means "Onion" in spanish. But when you jam your finger or toe against something and the words "La Cebolla" comes out, you will definitely get a chancleta thrown at you. People associate that term with the female part.

msgoodygal

Mar 13, 2006
What does this one mean?

Saw a post somewhere online where someone called someone else a 'mamaguevo' and 'maricon' in the same sentence.

Here in the U.S., we sometimes use the word 'pu$$y' to call a man (not that I would) who is a little on the feminine side. Does the word 'maricon' get used the same way in the Spanish language, where it is sometimes used as a joke or name-calling to a non-gay guy? Or is it literal, and never used to call a straight man by that name?

What is mamaguevo?

Thanks!

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
When I've heard maricon used, it was never as a joke. Either the person that said it was mad and meant it as an insult or they meant truely that the person they were saying it about in reality is gay.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
msgoodygal said:
Saw a post somewhere online where someone called someone else a 'mamaguevo' and 'maricon' in the same sentence.

Here in the U.S., we sometimes use the word 'pu$$y' to call a man (not that I would) who is a little on the feminine side. Does the word 'maricon' get used the same way in the Spanish language, where it is sometimes used as a joke or name-calling to a non-gay guy? Or is it literal, and never used to call a straight man by that name?

What is mamaguevo?

Thanks!

mamaguevo is a b.j. People also use the word when fighting, like calling them a c*-s*cker - I feel icky just typing half of that word - I hate it!

juancarlos

Bronze
Sep 28, 2003
Many people use the word maric?n as an insult but not in the literal sense of the word, sometimes it is used to mean not that the guy in question is gay, but that he is an s.o.b. Sometimes it is used in playful way. However, if it is said about someone when he is not present, it is a derogatory word for homosexual. Sometimes it is meant as such when calling someone maric?n to his face and a fight is sure to follow. It's better not to play with it.

bailarin

Sep 2, 2004
I thought the spelling was mamajuevo
Juevo coming from the word egg...and that it was just the pronunication coming out wrong. Much like when many spanish speakers-dont wanna specify certain backgrounds so as not to offend but when vaca is commonly said/spelled as baca etc There are many words that fall into this category.

mofi

Feb 9, 2005
Huevo is how you spell egg....unless somethings changed recently. There is no h sound in the pronounciation. but gue/ue have more similar sounds the jue/ue.

Baca and Vaca is a whole different issue, I often forget which is which because the sound is so similar...but usually when i forget it is the name of something rather then an object or verb, such as the name of a restaurant ect.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
vaca is the correct spelling

mamag?ebo is the correct spelling

This thread is nearly a year old. Most of this has been covered.

mkohn

Status
Not open for further replies.