"Bad" Words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

partysbaby

Mar 21, 2006
hi i just joined this forum and i am very interested in learnin spanish and was wonderin if anyone would willing and kind enough to teach me?

ssasy

Mar 5, 2006
Another word used in DR when refering to someone who is gay is CUNDANGO.
Sorry, I know this is a really old thread but I think nobody mentioned it before.

Dominicana125

Mar 26, 2008
I found out that culo meant @$$ after I was happily singing along to a song. When I was in Puerto Rico, I used the word cajones and my PR friend was shocked and told me that was very offensive. Is that true in DR also?

No. In DR cajones means balls. (not sporting balls. you know like, c.ck, balls. etc)

Dominicana125

Mar 26, 2008
Holly: Concha does not mean anything in The DR other than conch/shell. Aside that...Muchacha tu si eres malcriada...Que boca...LOL

Gato: Good point.

Morena: Culo does mean a$$, Cajones means big boxes...I think you meant cojones which I guess means something bad in other latin countries, but in The DR all it means is brave or to be gutsy (i.e. Ese hombre si tiene cojones - That guys is afraid of nothing). I think you were trying to say balls which is granos or bolsa = ball sack.

Actually, it's the slang, for example, like la semilla means seed, but in slang it means clit. cojones is balls (not sporting balls). People (and often myself) mistake the spelling with the cAjones, and cOjones. common mistake.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Actually, it's the slang, for example, like la semilla means seed, but in slang it means clit. cojones is balls (not sporting balls). People (and often myself) mistake the spelling with the cAjones, and cOjones. common mistake.

OK...But Concha does not mean anything in The DR...La Semilla does.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Maricon: Offensive word for Gay
Pajaro: Less offensive than maricon for still Offensive for gay.
Homosexual: Non-offensive word for gay (although if you call any man in the DR homosexual they will get offended).
Guevo: Official Bad word for Penis
Ripio: Less Offensive word than Guevo for pennis, still not adequate.
Toto: Official bad word for vagina.
Popola: Less bad word for vagina, not nice to say it in from of serious people.
Concha: Doesnt mean nutting in the DR. Just Seashells.
Cojones: Although is directed to mean the manballs, is more used to aknowledge the bravery of the man.
Granos: in the Slang is balls, not nice in front of serious people.
Semilla: Seed and in the slang is Clitoris.
Cabron: Normally used to term the guys who his wife cheats on, Here is offensive to a extent but in Puerto Rico you can get killed if you use that word.
?ema: Glande

If my mom read this she would kill me...literally or at least wash my mouth (fingers?) with soap and bleach.

el fino

Jan 14, 2008
This thread is so funny lmao, like everybody has their own set of bad words. Reminds me when I first went to Honduras and asked a friend of mine what I would tell a girl over there to let her know she looked good, I wanted to learn their ''tigueraje'' and he told me you call her a ''Cuero'' which in DR means a slut, everybody had a good laugh when I explained lmao.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Wow very good everyone.......you guys have all the words down, just don't use them, they sound funny when a person with an accent uses them. LMAO.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I suddenly feel very thick! If guevo is the "slang" or "bad" word for penis - What is the correct word? I have always used guevo, should I now be very embarassed?

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Saw this for the first time today, and have some corrections/ additions. As a gringo, I didn't learn my spanish in polite quarters like the respectable folks here , but:

"mamaguevo" does not refer to a b.j., instead it infers that a woman gives them for free, which is VERY insulting to dominicanas. (and please no - don't take offense at me saying it like THAT, ok?)

"bugarron" does not directly refer to the hindquarters, but rather to a man/sankie who will give it to another man, for money. He is a "bugarron".

Haven't seen "venado" -sp?-(english for a deer) refers to a man whose wife is sleeping with a lot of other men behind his back.

And one humorous comparison: "biscocho" can refer to cake in the DR, but in Mexico, it refers to a woman's privates. Try asking a Mexicana for some "biscocho" hehehe.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I suddenly feel very thick! If guevo is the "slang" or "bad" word for penis - What is the correct word? I have always used guevo, should I now be very embarassed?

I was once talking to a dominicana about the ultrasound of her unborn baby and she referred to its "pene" indicating that she was going to have a boy. My guess would be (given the context and location of the conversation) that pene is the proper, non-vulgar word.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Pene = Penis, Guebo = Dick or C%#k.

Cuca = Vagina (Not offensive). It also means parrot (The green little ones people have as pets in The DR).

Status
Not open for further replies.