Barcelona - Anyone have a similar story?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
While there is without doubt many Dominicans working in Spain as working girls this is not the majority. There many women from Jarabacoa that work or live in Spain, are married to Spaniards. Same for Germany and Italy. I've met a few of these women and their husbands, and they aren't nor weren't working girls. This may not be true for the 30-40% that are their illegally. My wife is quite blunt about the ones that go to Europe to work in the sex trade, and really they aren't that hard to spot.

deejaa

Aug 19, 2007
Reading all of this is a real eye opener for me. I have a friend here in the US who got into a sitution about 10 years ago. A situation that I thought was a rare; apparently not.
This woman, in her mid 20's, did a little bit of modeling for magazines. Just local stuff. She met a man who said that he needed models like her in Hong Kong. He told her that she would have just a couple of shoots to start with but could waitress at his friend's club for a coupld of weeks. By then, she should be busy with plenty of modeling jobs. He paid for her plane ticket and told her she would have her owns little studio apartment. He got her a 3 month visa and off she went.
When she got there, what she had to live in was a little room with a bed and chest for her belonging, that just had a curtain to close it off for the other 30 rooms, just like hers. She did one small photo shoot the day after she got there. (it was bogus) and then it was time to start with the waitress job. The second day she was told that she HAD to work topless or she would be kicked out of her room, which was above the club. She was forced to give them her visa and her daily earned money. It took her about 2 weeks to work out a plan to get away. She told the 'madam' that she got a check from home and needed her visa to cash it. She had been able to hid a few dollars each day away and still had $500 left of what she brought with her. (she had lied to the madam about having brought any money with her, thank goodness) The morning after getting her visa in her hand, she took a large purse of her belonging and hit the road to the train station, got to an airport and bought the cheapest ticket that got her back to the US.
I think she was pretty lucky. She lost some personnal belonging that she had taken. Had to leave behind all the money that she had made. But, got out before they forced her into prostitution. That was only because she made a few excuses and promised she would try soon. What an ugly thing to have happen to anybody. Probably worse for the girls living desperate lives.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
The movie is in Spanish with English subtitles. The actress who plays the Domincana is very pretty. She's actually from Puerto Rico. It's a very sad movie. I rented it a couple of months a go. My neighborhood video store still has it.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Is the movie still available and is it in Spanish or English?

Yes. I purchased this movie at a Virgin Megastore here in New York City.

You should be able to find it in the foreign films section.

It is a great movie.

Funny enough it was filmed in Spain. It is in spanish, and the version I purchased has english subtitles.

simpson Homer

Bronze
Nov 14, 2003
easy to find out

It's very easy to think the worse. Because of the reputation that some Dominican Woman have but that doesnt mean that all are the same.

First is better to get information to see how easy is to get a work visa to Spain, as far as I know Dominican Republic and Spain has some kind of agreement for work visa that Dominicans can go and work in the Hospitality Field (Hotel,bars, restaurant), construction, housekeepers. Most the time the process is being done with the Ministry of Labor (Secretaria de Estado De Trabajo).

Best thing if just to visit her in Spain.

PS: Not all Dominican Woman who go to Spain is a Puta

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I googled the subject of this thread and found two articles somewhat related to this thread. Following is a quote from the article to be found by going to the second link listed below. Note that Spain is in the list of countries........

"Sources in the Dominican Republic state that their country has the fourth highest number in the world of women working overseas in the sex trade, after Thailand, Brazil and the Philippines. The number of Dominican sex workers currently abroad is estimated to be more than 50,000 women.

The main concentrations of these women are to be found in Austria, Cura?ao, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Italy, The Netherlands, Panama, Puerto Rico, Spain, Switzerland, Venezuela and the West Indies.

The international sex work is viewed by many sources in the country as a concrete alternative for young, impoverished women who cannot find job opportunities at home. Obviously, exploitation, violence, deception, violation of rights and deportation are the common denominators of this type of irregular migration".

http://www.dr1.com/articles/prostitution.shtml

www.oas.org/atip/country specific/TIP DR IOM REPORT.pdf

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I wonder why he told you that. Interesting. There is an interesting movie called Princesa. It's from Spain and it's about this topic. I didn't realize that it was such a common occurence. Sad.

Could you please be a little more specific about the movie Princesa. I searched around a bit on the internet and the one princesa movie that comes up most often was filmed in Italy, not Spain. It seems to be about a girl from Brazil that moves to Milan, Italy. Maybe I have not found the princesa movie you are referring to? Do you know the actresses real name? That would help with a google search.

Thanks

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Could you please be a little more specific about the movie Princesa. I searched around a bit on the internet and the one princesa movie that comes up most often was filmed in Italy, not Spain. It seems to be about a girl from Brazil that moves to Milan, Italy. Maybe I have not found the princesa movie you are referring to? Do you know the actresses real name? That would help with a google search.

Thanks

Also, the movie you mention is about a transvestite.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Here you go...

Thanks

Try this link:

Princesas (2005)

It's a pretty good movie. And the actress who plays the girl from Boca Chica is smokin!

Vince.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Corsair

Yup.... that's it. The "Dominicana" is actually from Puerto Rico. I didn't realize that she was from Boca Chica I thought that she was from SD.

No, she is definitely NOT a transvestite. There are no transvestites in this movie.

2LF

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Corsair

Yup.... that's it. The "Dominicana" is actually from Puerto Rico. I didn't realize that she was from Boca Chica I thought that she was from SD.

No, she is definitely NOT a transvestite. There are no transvestites in this movie.

2LF

The transvestite movie I mention is from the movie Princesa (w/o the s) as mentioned by the OP.

Last edited:

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
I would think that would be on of the biggest reasons why dominicans would have a hard time getting to the US legally, getting here and finding out how easy it is to make money, slinging drugs or my Sosua girlfriends, slinging the other commodity at $100us a half an hour, oopppsss, didn't want that one to slip out.......

I stumbled across a club, here in Philly, it was like the same game played in Sosua or not far from it....

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Princesas

Found the movie "Princesas" for sale here:

Princesas DVD Movie

Maybe I should buy a copy and give it to my ex's relatives in the DR to shed some light on what she may actually be doing in Spain. They think she is working in a restaurant. Maybe a little family pressure (concern) will help to set her straight.

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
Yachtmaster, you have the right name to know, she, and I'm being nice , is lost at sea and trying to recover that lost ship ( relationship ), is a heartship in its' own. How much do we read on this forum about long distance relationships and how they don't work and your ex-girl, even skipped to another country, where she and others like her think they struck gold, so it's best to put her in memory lane and continue your journey, either looking for her look-alike or the all elusive good girl..............And next time wear your heart on your shoulders, that way you can pick it up and put it back and go on about your business. I can't advise you to not fall in love, or be in love with them all, like myself.......either way you're %()%#D............So keep your chin up and shoulders back and be the man you have to be, but I wouldn't be counting on family support, because she might be sending them big bucks, with her new waitressing job, the best paid one, in the whole wide world......

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I think I've seen that movie from Italy. Sorry about the spelling... didn't realize that there was more that one princess in the movie. Who would think that they would share the spotlight!

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
Young Dominican females relocating to a foreign country with an explaination to "work" as a "caregiver", as a "maid", as a "bank teller", as a "nanny", as "anything" that has NOTHING to to with selling their bodies, has been "alive and well" for generations!!.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND when all goes well...they are NOT shy to bring their daughters, sisters and female friends and introduce them to their "maid" world!!.
I was really surprised when I headed to san juan de la maguana and spoted in that poor town incredible big and beautiful houses, then I started to ask about the owners and what they do to get this kind of properties, huge was my surprise when they told me that most of this houses and properties belongs to a group of girls in her 20's!!!, I was shocked!!! Are they the daughters of the richest farmers around here? I asked, they laugh at me saying that these girls goes to europe (mostly spain) and worked, end of story.
I couldn't believe what I saw and manage to know one of these girls through a friend in common, we got together in a finca one day and yes she has a lot of money, she has a biggg house and rides her yipeta, she got all of that "working in spain" she was here in dr looking for her little sister which she plans to take with her back to europe, and besides she came to perform a routine surgery (which seems very popular among these girls) called vaginoplasty.
A year or so went by and I asked my friend again about the girl I met and her little sister, he told me that the sister was back already (but she's going to europe again) and he heard that this girl was held in a room for several days almost without food, with a lot of water and drugs waiting for clients. And still she's going back!!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Heh. I've seen those houses and they are a sight to behold. Wedding cakes decorated while under the influence of hallucinogens.