Barcelona - Anyone have a similar story?

joyterrell1

Feb 18, 2008
Wow!

Curacao has Campo Alegre which is filled with Dominicans. There's nothing even close to Campo Alegre in the DR. They have dozens of nice cabanas where the girls work/live, a Western Union on site, beauty salons, etc. Self contained, the Dominicans are never let out of the compound. There's just as many Colombians and Venezuelans though, if not more.

Costa Rica is a different animal. They don't have many dark skinned girls so if you see one at the Hotel Del Rey or Jaco Beach, it's safe bet she's Dominican. They are notorious for being difficult to handle and have working in your place in CR.

My friend traveled from here to Sicily. When he came back he said "Ironically, the only prostitutes that I saw in Sicily were Dominicans".

All the ones I'm talking about knew exactly what they were getting into when they left the country. Simply put, higher pay for the same job + much higher chance at marrying a foreigner and getting the magic ticket off the island.

No kidding!! How sad that young female and male sexuality has to be their greatest asset in this world for getting ahead in life. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone got what they needed/wanted and didn't have to compromise their health/dignity/life for it. I think both the Johns and the prostitutes think they have the power and that each is getting over on the other, but in the end it's just really gross. It's just such a mutual use job on both sides of the bed. If their governments were not run on greed and children grew up w/ a sense of purpose and self empowerment in a county that was equitable, had a stable economy, good free education, taught not to exploit others etc. O.K I'll get off the soap box!!