Barcelona - Anyone have a similar story?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Found the movie "Princesas" for sale here:

Princesas DVD Movie

Maybe I should buy a copy and give it to my ex's relatives in the DR to shed some light on what she may actually be doing in Spain. They think she is working in a restaurant. Maybe a little family pressure (concern) will help to set her straight.

If the family is poor and she is sending money back, they will not care. I am sure they know or have heard the rumors by now.

Funny thing is that the chica in the movie "Princesas" takes fakes photos of herself working in a restaurant to send back to her family as a front.

I think at this point you really need to just mind your own business. Sorry to sound harsh, but someone needs to say this to you. I understand you may be in love with her, but what you are proposing is ridiculous. Besides, she is your EX-girlfriend. Why are you so concerned about what she is up to now?

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!!

She is a whore.

If this is the only type of woman that interests you, you should of given her the allowance necessary to keep up her lifestyle the way she wanted it.

You did not do this, and are now lamenting the loss.

Buy her a house. Buy her family a house. Keep a bank account open for her with weekly deposits. Buy her a jeepeta.

That is pretty much what she would need to come back to the DR. If not, forget about her and her family.

What the hell are you doing?

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I was really surprised when I headed to san juan de la maguana and spoted in that poor town incredible big and beautiful houses, then I started to ask about the owners and what they do to get this kind of properties, huge was my surprise when they told me that most of this houses and properties belongs to a group of girls in her 20's!!!, I was shocked!!! Are they the daughters of the richest farmers around here? I asked, they laugh at me saying that these girls goes to europe (mostly spain) and worked, end of story.
I couldn't believe what I saw and manage to know one of these girls through a friend in common, we got together in a finca one day and yes she has a lot of money, she has a biggg house and rides her yipeta, she got all of that "working in spain" she was here in dr looking for her little sister which she plans to take with her back to europe, and besides she came to perform a routine surgery (which seems very popular among these girls) called vaginoplasty.
A year or so went by and I asked my friend again about the girl I met and her little sister, he told me that the sister was back already (but she's going to europe again) and he heard that this girl was held in a room for several days almost without food, with a lot of water and drugs waiting for clients. And still she's going back!!!!

Excellent post.

Some of these women act as "buscones"-they go back to the DR to recruit girls and they get paid per head. It is more lucrative than turning tricks, hence the enormity of the houses.

And when the sisters and cousins see what these women come back with, they inquire and are told they could do the same thing if they want.

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
If the family is poor and she is sending money back, they will not care. I am sure they know or have heard the rumors by now.

Funny thing is that the chica in the movie "Princesas" takes fakes photos of herself working in a restaurant to send back to her family as a front.

I think at this point you really need to just mind your own business. Sorry to sound harsh, but someone needs to say this to you. I understand you may be in love with her, but what you are proposing is ridiculous. Besides, she is your EX-girlfriend. Why are you so concerned about what she is up to now?

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!!

She is a whore.

If this is the only type of woman that interests you, you should of given her the allowance necessary to keep up her lifestyle the way she wanted it.

You did not do this, and are now lamenting the loss.

Buy her a house. Buy her family a house. Keep a bank account open for her with weekly deposits. Buy her a jeepeta.

That is pretty much what she would need to come back to the DR. If not, forget about her and her family.

What the hell are you doing?

Thanks for your unsolicited advice berzin. Seems as though you may think you are an expert on relationships and all things Dominican. Too bad I did not contact you personally for advice before starting this thread.....You really need to mind your own business!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bite your tongue Hillbilly!

Look this is so typical...

Feel for the kids, but imagine how they came into the world! Maybe you can do something for them. After all, you have been supporting them for a long time anyway.

HB

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Thanks for your unsolicited advice berzin. Seems as though you may think you are an expert on relationships and all things Dominican. Too bad I did not contact you personally for advice before starting this thread.....You really need to mind your own business!!

Well, let me say this and then I WILL mind my own business-you neglected to state in your first post that you can't stay out of her life, that even though you know what she is up to you now want to tell her family what she is doing.

Little do you know that dominican families will always defend each other before going against one of their own. In this situation, YOU are the odd man out.

I am only telling you this from experience. You exposing her to her family will not win you any points with them, nor will it win her heart. It will do the opposite.

Fine enough if you don't want to hear this, and I in no way meant to be rude.

Regardless of how the family treats you, they will never go against their daughter. In this regard you are swimming out of your depth and it begs the question, rhetorical in nature as I'm sure you will not reply-

You can find a beautiful educated dominican woman whose morals are not compromised by poverty, laziness and greed. Why are you choosing this path when there is a better way?

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Bite your tongue Hillbilly!

Look this is so typical...

Feel for the kids, but imagine how they came into the world! Maybe you can do something for them. After all, you have been supporting them for a long time anyway.

HB

Soooooooo true..... You obviously have very good perception. Good for you and thanks for that. The kids are totally innocent and loving - they have no idea what's going on and what their mother is up to. They love me a lot as I do them. They have been one of the absolutely best things about the relationship. Yes, I have been supporting them and yes, I would like to be able to do something more for them now and more so in the future. I understand poverty in the DR and my ex and her children and her mother had been living better than most thanks to my help. Too bad their mother has other priorities.........

Mar 2, 2008
Berzin, Just my two-bits. I think the advice you offered was right on, clear, and to the point. The way I read it, you were not rude in the least, and you were giving some tough advice like a man. I'm sure there many guys in the DR in similiar situations (it seems to be the nature of the beast) and they (we) could all use a dose of reality from time to time. As in the old commericial for aftershave, " Thanks, I needed that."

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
Well, let me say this and then I WILL mind my own business-you neglected to state in your first post that you can't stay out of her life, that even though you know what she is up to you now want to tell her family what she is doing.

Little do you know that dominican families will always defend each other before going against one of their own. In this situation, YOU are the odd man out.

I am only telling you this from experience. You exposing her to her family will not win you any points with them, nor will it win her heart. It will do the opposite.

Fine enough if you don't want to hear this, and I in no way meant to be rude.

Regardless of how the family treats you, they will never go against their daughter. In this regard you are swimming out of your depth and it begs the question, rhetorical in nature as I'm sure you will not reply-

You can find a beautiful educated dominican woman whose morals are not compromised by poverty, laziness and greed. Why are you choosing this path when there is a better way?

Agreed Berzin. I don't have any trouble staying out of her life as there are Dominicans who value true relationships rather than deceit. Just need to find them and those who are not focused mainly only on $$$$. If one is looking for only chicas, they are easily found. It truly is a shame because her beautiful and innocent children are being ultimately cheated as well. I invested sooooo much in the relationship. The children look at me as if I am their father. In the long term picture, she is the looser.

Care to elaborate on "I am only telling you this from experience"?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Care to elaborate on "I am only telling you this from experience"?

You can check the "Levels of Deception" thread in the "Mars and Venus" section for some stories-I started the thread with one of the many I have posted over the years.

You are not the only person who behaves like this in the DR, so you are not alone.

I don't think there is anything I could say to you besides my personal opinion to illustrate what a losing proposition you are in, and the fact that there are children involved makes it complicated.

All I can say is good luck with your situation.

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I just got word from SD that since I have stopped sending money, her mother told her to start looking for another hombre in Spain for dinero. Imagine that, what a surprise. She is now in her early thirties. Working as a puta at that age will likely make it a little more difficult to find a willing hombre with dinero amongst her clients, especially one that knows there are children involved that he may never meet.

Feb 15, 2005
Very good posts Berzin.

Again from my initial post to this thread. I could sense in Yachtmaster's words that you are indeed hurt by these turn of events and I can also sense that you want to "pay" her back for this pain by exposing what she does to her family.
By and large Dominicans know the real deal regarding the lifestyles in Europe (it's really a small world and people talk, she may have told a friend and that friend tells a friend and so forth and so on) and as long as she is sending money home, honestly no one cares. "just be careful" is all they would hear. Her reasoning to her family and friends is: she had to do for her kids whatever she can. And you know what, her family would probably praise her for "sacrificing" herself in order to provide for her family. She would be looked upon as some sort of martyr. Really.

To be totally honest with you, in DR there are very very few jobs for the uneducated, and a woman with kids, without income is going to be dependent on her family and if her family is strapped for cash, there in lies the problem. I don't justify what she does, just trying to understand the economics of why people do what they do. Hunger is a bitch.

You even said that there may have been (according to the taxi driver) a level of deception to begin with when you arrived on the scene. This is her life now, she will get older and one day she may want to return and have a family, but it won't be easy.

Either you love her and remain close to her family and kids, always reminded of this pain you feel. Or distance yourself from her family (and kids) and take a nice long ride to another part of the island (can I suggest the southwest) and relax, have a cold beer and catch some sun and let your wounds heal. You'll be a better, stronger man, and have more under the cap (experience) for being able to: have loved, felt the pains that come with loving someone (none are stronger or worthier), and lived to tell about it.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Very good posts Berzin.

Again from my initial post to this thread. I could sense in Yachtmaster's words that you are indeed hurt by these turn of events and I can also sense that you want to "pay" her back for this pain by exposing what she does to her family.
By and large Dominicans know the real deal regarding the lifestyles in Europe (it's really a small world and people talk, she may have told a friend and that friend tells a friend and so forth and so on) and as long as she is sending money home, honestly no one cares. "just be careful" is all they would hear. Her reasoning to her family and friends is: she had to do for her kids whatever she can. And you know what, her family would probably praise her for "sacrificing" herself in order to provide for her family. She would be looked upon as some sort of martyr. Really.

To be totally honest with you, in DR there are very very few jobs for the uneducated, and a woman with kids, without income is going to be dependent on her family and if her family is strapped for cash, there in lies the problem. I don't justify what she does, just trying to understand the economics of why people do what they do. Hunger is a bitch.

You even said that there may have been (according to the taxi driver) a level of deception to begin with when you arrived on the scene. This is her life now, she will get older and one day she may want to return and have a family, but it won't be easy.

Either you love her and remain close to her family and kids, always reminded of this pain you feel. Or distance yourself from her family (and kids) and take a nice long ride to another part of the island (can I suggest the southwest) and relax, have a cold beer and catch some sun and let your wounds heal. You'll be a better, stronger man, and have more under the cap (experience) for being able to: have loved, felt the pains that come with loving someone (none are stronger or worthier), and lived to tell about it.

Excellent!!!!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I was really surprised when I headed to san juan de la maguana and spoted in that poor town incredible big and beautiful houses, then I started to ask about the owners and what they do to get this kind of properties, huge was my surprise when they told me that most of this houses and properties belongs to a group of girls in her 20's!!!, I was shocked!!! Are they the daughters of the richest farmers around here? I asked, they laugh at me saying that these girls goes to europe (mostly spain) and worked, end of story.
I couldn't believe what I saw and manage to know one of these girls through a friend in common, we got together in a finca one day and yes she has a lot of money, she has a biggg house and rides her yipeta, she got all of that "working in spain" she was here in dr looking for her little sister which she plans to take with her back to europe, and besides she came to perform a routine surgery (which seems very popular among these girls) called vaginoplasty.
A year or so went by and I asked my friend again about the girl I met and her little sister, he told me that the sister was back already (but she's going to europe again) and he heard that this girl was held in a room for several days almost without food, with a lot of water and drugs waiting for clients. And still she's going back!!!!

So I was down in South Carolina for many months in a project. At the end of the project a bunch of the guys and I went out to celebrate its success. After much drinking someone decided to go the T T bar (which I don't normally frequent, but whatever).

Long story short this very slender, and extremely beautiful I might add, morena comes over and starts talking to me trying to get me to buy a dance. I notice the accent and ask where she's from and she tells me she's from San Juan de La Maguana. I almost fell off my chair as I was not expecting to find Dominican girls "dancing" in this part of the world. We got to talking and she told me she had a very nice house in San Juan and was currently in the process of buying a nice apartment in Santo Domingo for the times when she visits and gets bored in SJM. She had also (according to her) just bought a brand new Infinity and shipped it down to The DR. She appeared to be doing very well...

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
I live and work in The British Virgin Islands in the Caribbean, some 300 miles from the DR. I work in the charter yacht industry, thus my handle Yachtmaster. There are many Dominicans living and working here, mostly in construction and in beauty salons. The entry and work permit procedures here are very strict. Most of the Dominicans are working legally and working very hard. They can be seen in numbers at Western Union and Moneygram, sending money home.

Recently, there was a much publicized bust on a backstreet bar that was rumored to be frequented by gamblers and hookers. Several Dominicanas were busted for overstaying the 30 days that immigration allows visitors and some were busted for carrying false documents. They appeared in court, were fined and deported back to the DR.

The other day I saw a DR beauty walking downtown and noticed how she turned a lot of heads of passers by. I wondered what brought her to the BVI........

Yachtmaster

Jul 2, 2007
www.genesisbvi.com
OMG! She's Back!

I recently got word from SDQ that the queen of deceit is back in town for a visit. I understand that she is back in Santo Domingo with visas in hand to take her two kids back to Barcelona. Word is she has been out of work in Barcelona for four months, yet wearing nice jewelry and a nice new watch, has a new computer, airline tickets for her and the two kids to Barcelona, and has rented an apartment for her and her two kids to live in. On top of it, she has offered friends in Santo Domingo the opportunity to move to Spain complete with visas for the bargain price of 300,000 pesos through her connections. Not bad for someone who left her family behind in SDQ for Barcelona to work in a restaurant...............

dragonfly5555

Aug 13, 2008
same thing happened to a friend of mine

from Sosua who was married and had 5 children. He was a very hard working man and worked 3 jobs to support his family. About 2 years ago his wife went to Spain to "work" and was supposed to save up to take her husband and children to Spain.

I last saw my friend in April. He was supporting all of the children and anxiously waiting for all of them to go to Spain..his wife told him she had started the papers with help from some family there. He expected to be in Spain in 2008 with his wife and children.

Well, a month went by and in May 2008 he found out what she was doing, working as prostitute. He was devastated......so low and ashamed and became depressed. He sent his children to his hometown to live with his family as he felt he was not capable of looking after them. Two weeks later he committed suicide. I was so shocked and saddened. He was the type of guy who lit up with his smile and loved his children so much.

All that time and he had so much hope.....I think of his poor little children often.

joyterrell1

Feb 18, 2008
Was he dominican?

from Sosua who was married and had 5 children. He was a very hard working man and worked 3 jobs to support his family. About 2 years ago his wife went to Spain to "work" and was supposed to save up to take her husband and children to Spain.

I last saw my friend in April. He was supporting all of the children and anxiously waiting for all of them to go to Spain..his wife told him she had started the papers with help from some family there. He expected to be in Spain in 2008 with his wife and children.

Well, a month went by and in May 2008 he found out what she was doing, working as prostitute. He was devastated......so low and ashamed and became depressed. He sent his children to his hometown to live with his family as he felt he was not capable of looking after them. Two weeks later he committed suicide. I was so shocked and saddened. He was the type of guy who lit up with his smile and loved his children so much.

All that time and he had so much hope.....I think of his poor little children often.

That is soooo sad!!!!!!!!!!!! The mother of my boyfriend's children went to Santa Domingo to work. He claims this broke them up. She is working in a home as a maid. Is this common? Could she be doing other things??
His mom is helping raise the kids, but will be going to PR to be w/ sister. Teh mom of the kids will probably be coming back. He says he is in a bad position as he wrorks 8-12 hour days.

dragonfly5555

Aug 13, 2008
yes

he was Dominican--from a small town about 2 hours from Sosua. Before he committed suicide he went to his home town to visit everyone, see his family and his children and on the way back to Sosua he committed suicide. He was very happy with his children that day, telling everyone he loved them.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Curacao has Campo Alegre which is filled with Dominicans. There's nothing even close to Campo Alegre in the DR. They have dozens of nice cabanas where the girls work/live, a Western Union on site, beauty salons, etc. Self contained, the Dominicans are never let out of the compound. There's just as many Colombians and Venezuelans though, if not more.

Costa Rica is a different animal. They don't have many dark skinned girls so if you see one at the Hotel Del Rey or Jaco Beach, it's safe bet she's Dominican. They are notorious for being difficult to handle and have working in your place in CR.

My friend traveled from here to Sicily. When he came back he said "Ironically, the only prostitutes that I saw in Sicily were Dominicans".

All the ones I'm talking about knew exactly what they were getting into when they left the country. Simply put, higher pay for the same job + much higher chance at marrying a foreigner and getting the magic ticket off the island.