Best Carpet Stores on the North Coast

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have rugs everywhere, they make an apartment far more cosy than simply having tiled floors. I also use a lot of laminate floors as well as tiles, I like the feeling of something other than tiles on my feet.
I'm a huge fan of plush, deep pile, wall-to-wall carpeting. I'm sick of walking on tiled floors here.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
IKEA does not have any that i like.
Then find a carpet store in Florida, buy it on line and use a company like BG cargo to ship it here. Won't be cheap but you will get what you want.
Carpet is not a big thing in the Caribbean. My wife found a 6x8 deep pile shag that we had in our beach place. It was a great sound dampening carpet. It was also very nice to walk on.
Good luck finding your carpet.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I like stainless steel, tile and polished concrete. If it can't be treated like an operating room with chemicals, I don't want it. My leather couch has a protective treatment and can be wiped down with cleaning solution. If I did not have electronics I could probably power-wash my casa. If I had a dog, he would be happy. He could lay down anywhere and get cool.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I like stainless steel, tile and polished concrete. If it can't be treated like an operating room with chemicals, I don't want it. My leather couch has a protective treatment and can be wiped down with cleaning solution. If I did not have electronics I could probably power-wash my casa. If I had a dog, he would be happy. He could lay down anywhere and get cool.
Tile is my love. And here is where all tile lovers' dreams come true. Right in @JD Jones backyard

"Pavimentos para Interior (Mosaicos / Aguayo Tiles) – Aguayo" https://aguayo.com.do/productos-y-soluciones/pavimentos-interior-mosaicos-aguayo-tiles/

Reactions: Big

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
If you clicked on the tile store link above, you might want to scan your computer for malware... After cleaning up I clicked the link again and got hit again...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wds...Trojan:HTML/Phish.ABA!MTB&threatid=2147848955

Capture.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Reactions: CristoRey

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
No one is saying anyone intentionally posted a bad link. However, that site is definitely serving up malware to anyone who visits. Most likely unbeknownst to the site owners. If you didn't see a notification on your screen when you were there, the trojan got past your virus scanner and you are now infected.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
No one is saying anyone intentionally posted a bad link. However, that site is definitely serving up malware to anyone who visits. Most likely unbeknownst to the site owners. If you didn't see a notification on your screen when you were there, the trojan got past your virus scanner and you are now infected.
Well buddy if you are ok, and not hurt, you can just do a safe Google. I'm on my phone and not my PC. If you're not interested in tile why even bother. Have a good restful evening.

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Ok, this doesn't happen often, but I'm issuing an apology. I went over to my PC and clicked the link to the website. I did, in fact, encounter a virus. @cavok
The site is correct (as seen below) but there was a virus detected and cleaned on my PC before proceeding.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Ok, this doesn't happen often, but I'm issuing an apology. I went over to my PC and clicked the link to the website. I did, in fact, encounter a virus. @cavok
The site is correct (as seen below) but there was a virus detected and cleaned on my PC before proceeding.
That is the site I saw when I got the "malware blocked" notification from my antivirus softwate.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Had a nice pretty 8' x 10' heavy Persian carpet about 25 years ago. It was an item brought from states to adorn the sala. It was used for about 2 years and then sold. It was not suited for the Dominican climate. It harbored mold, mildew, odors, and who knows what other microbes, very unhealthy. If one has a rug and running the AC 24/7 to cool the residence and keep humidity out, then it may survive unblemished a reasonable time. Yet, transient owners of rugs in an AC residence hazard risks to them when they are away of long periods time. Running AC in an unoccupied home is costly. It is a matter of weighing one's benefits vs drawbacks.

PJT's advice is to shy away from rugs.

Regards,

PJT